Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Nov 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3475047)   #26
Jim H
Rookie

Jim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
I don't now if court hearings are published in the on-line magazine. I was talking about the paper version that all MSA licence holders receive through their letterboxes, as BertMk2 mentioned above.

Edit: The magazine is the one in your link, however they are not showing the most upto date one (yet).

Last edited by Jim H; 15 Nov 2014 at 17:57.
Old 17 Nov 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3475617)   #27
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
For anyone who hasn't seen it...

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...ns-to-world-rx

...Doran is back for the last round.
Seems that the guy was not even prepared to issue a proper apology - just more excuses.

No apology should mean no licence.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3476649)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me this is all a culmination of events.

So, if he shows no remorse then he gets no support.

I love it when he fails at Lydden, people look at you gone out when you boo him, but he is not someone that deserves my support and after seeing him do this kind of thing on countless occasions I for one have little time for him or those around him.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3477323)   #29
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
winter 2014 is up now, page 54
Old 21 Nov 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3477363)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ambassador for the sport!

Never read such drivel in my life

Dont know who his lawyer is, but he did a damn fine job.

July 2015 should have stood. Never mind
Old 21 Nov 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3477372)   #31
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It doesn't actually say which sport...
Old 22 Nov 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3477445)   #32
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Never read such drivel in my life

Dont know who his lawyer is, but he did a damn fine job.

July 2015 should have stood. Never mind
Could have rented the car to keep the team busy.

The most incredulous part of the whole Doran tantrum is that it was his circuit, effectively his marshals and rescue crews, for which he has a responsibility and a duty of care.

Only apologised because he was forced to do so.

Feel sorry for his father.

Last edited by TWRv12; 22 Nov 2014 at 01:01.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3477509)   #33
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Indeed TWR

All rather embarassing for Pat, and I suspect the whole family.

I was amused by the team going under threat and losing employees! It seems in the past they have not had much trouble losing them with or without losing their "star" driver.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3478170)   #34
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was amused by the team going under threat and losing employees! It seems in the past they have not had much trouble losing them with or without losing their "star" driver.
It is also a ridiculous line of argument. It is basically saying "I am very rich, I employ a lot of people, therefore I should be treated leniently and allowed to get away with something that poorer people shouldn't." That argument wouldn't work in the UK courts so why it works with the MSA courts I really don't know.

I'd love to know who made him a UK rallycross ambassador???
Old 24 Nov 2014, 12:03 (Ref:3478179)   #35
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a joke.. the guys as dirty as they come! Wish the ban was a life time one and then everyone on track would be safer..
Old 11 Jul 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3658314)   #36
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A famous Rallycross Driver has spend the night in a Norwegian jail after misbehaving at Gatebil this weekend.

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/t...ff/a/23736309/
Old 11 Jul 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3658361)   #37
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just curious, has it been confirmed anywere that it was Liam involved in the problems at Gatebill? If it was then that really is a new low which is a pitty as there were signs that after his move to JRM things were looking up.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3658389)   #38
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just curious, has it been confirmed anywere that it was Liam involved in the problems at Gatebill? If it was then that really is a new low which is a pitty as there were signs that after his move to JRM things were looking up.
This video has come to light earlier today, does not look good;

https://www.facebook.com/sebastianla...54310628562329
Old 11 Jul 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3658395)   #39
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Not sure what was oging on here

But surely as a sponsor, with no results to speak of and numerous fairly pathetic incidents, you have to be asking questions
Old 11 Jul 2016, 20:51 (Ref:3658404)   #40
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is just sad to watch. Monster have to a long hard look at them self, as if they keep him as an "Athlete" then it send out all the wrong signals for them as a brand. All it takes is a few mindless idiots to tarnish a otherwise good name.
Old 11 Jul 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3658406)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
O boy nothing has changed
Old 12 Jul 2016, 09:14 (Ref:3658493)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just curious, has it been confirmed anywere that it was Liam involved in the problems at Gatebill?
Some of the comments with regards to Gatebil seem to be unsubstantiated, but it's hard to argue with that video evidence. There is a second clip of Liam taken earlier in the day as well.

Quote:
If it was then that really is a new low which is a pitty as there were signs that after his move to JRM things were looking up.
My thoughts exactly. Been a while since we have seen any stupidity from Liam, I really thought he had calmed down.

As others have said, it doesn't put Monster in a particularly good light, does it?
Old 12 Jul 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3658513)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I would expect that as a sponsor you would expect quite a few things to be in place to agree a deal such as this.

LD seems to get about quite a lot as a rep for Monster. he is also sponsored by quite a few other brands, clothing, motorsport parts etc.

So he either has a very good press agent who is constantly getting him deals or he has the profile of someone that marketing folk think represents the market they want.

I think it's the former obviously. But he does seem to appear all over the place, was at MXGP the other week, Goodwood, drag racing stuff. he ran out of fuel at Goodwood, he coated the trak with oil at BSB a few years back, it's a bit of a joke really.

Also a sponsor usually wants results, Liam hasn't had any to speak of for quite some time now, and I mean nothing, no wins, nothing. he is not alone in that respect.

If you were Monster, who would you prefer, A Bakkerud who is winning, is great with fans with his cohort Block who gets you millions of youtube hits, access to a world noone else can get you on things like Top Gear, has a sort of bolshy attitude without being nasty? Or Doran who has now two bad raps on his profile has endless run ins with authority, has a mouth like a pimp.

I don't get it, I simply don't get it. But I think this might be the last straw, he wasn't competing, he was representing his team and sponsor, and if I were IMG he would be gone. You should see hte vitriol on facebook. not good.

Imagine what a Tohill, Enerberg, Lysen could do with this sort of money.
Old 12 Jul 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3658573)   #44
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good post Chunder, got it spot on. Over the years I've seen the Doran's rallycross involvement, from Pat's debut in the Sierra, the GP B final where he grabbed Richard Hutton round the neck after a first corner incident. Liam's debut in the Mini then moving up through the classes. Both Liam and Pat have had amazing results over the years, and a lot of lows, both know how to kill a car. I was at Essay when a very young Liam made the B final in Pat's old Fiesta, what was a major achievement that day. Basically they certainly haven't been boring.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 08:39 (Ref:3658782)   #45
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You know you've had a proper night on the town when you've made it into The Sun...

...the article is riddled with errors but, irrespective, it's really not the mainstream expose that you want to see rallycross get, is it?
Old 14 Jul 2016, 09:25 (Ref:3658789)   #46
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I didn't realise that Pat Doran owned Monster...
Old 14 Jul 2016, 10:41 (Ref:3658797)   #47
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Couldnt happen to a nicer bloke.

Anyone sent this to Monster's marketing team?
Old 14 Jul 2016, 11:12 (Ref:3658804)   #48
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I didn't realise that Pat Doran owned Monster...
Crap writing from a crap paper! There are mistakes throughout the article but, sadly, the masses reading the article won't know that.

Quote:
Anyone sent this to Monster's marketing team?
I'm not a regular Twitter user but, based on the number of times I can see them tagged in reply to the video(s), I can't believe they haven't seen it.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3658807)   #49
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You can't expect the Sun to know anything about rallycross, most of the people who work there are not even aware it exists.

Just goes to show how woeful the national media are when something you know about is in there and there are so many errors, now you know that you can't believe much of what is in the national media.

When you have studied journalism and you read things like this, it does make you sick.

As for Monster, I think they must know, there must have been reps working there and they probably were spoken to by the police.

The comments on social media are bad enough surely to warrant some sort of response. Never seen anything like it
Old 14 Jul 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3658863)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You can't expect the Sun to know anything about rallycross, most of the people who work there are not even aware it exists.

Just goes to show how woeful the national media are when something you know about is in there and there are so many errors, now you know that you can't believe much of what is in the national media.

When you have studied journalism and you read things like this, it does make you sick.

As for Monster, I think they must know, there must have been reps working there and they probably were spoken to by the police.

The comments on social media are bad enough surely to warrant some sort of response. Never seen anything like it

+1

Except I believe it's actually called the Sc*m