Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 30 Nov 2005, 06:29 (Ref:1473627)   #1
NJDMONEY
Rookie

NJDMONEY has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ALMS 24 hours?

Does the ALMS' agreement with ACO prevent the ALMS from running their own 24 hour race here in the states?
Old 30 Nov 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1473831)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im not sure about that ..... they had a perfectly good 24 hour race at Daytona a few years back , but its since turned into a 24 hour lawnmower race ! Shame really .

That was great to see the 911 GT3RS winning there too .
Old 30 Nov 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1473862)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The ALMS indeed does have an agreement to not run a 24 hour race. The daytona race has never been part of the ALMS schedule.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1473965)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I didnt mean that it was .
Old 30 Nov 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1473989)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about a 6hr race at Daytona?

I believe there'd be much less hostility towards GA if Daytona would host a regular ALMS event.

Seems such a shame not to race at this histroic track.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1474061)   #6
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets keep the "Roval" race tracks off the ALMS schedule!
Old 30 Nov 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1474081)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

In its hay day group C ran brilliantly at Daytona . It would be great to see them there again . Imagine a Judd V10 blasting around that banking . Just a shame that with all the political bull in the world , that we have to have it in (motor)sport as well .
Old 30 Nov 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1474092)   #8
NJDMONEY
Rookie

NJDMONEY has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Im not sure about that ..... they had a perfectly good 24 hour race at Daytona a few years back , but its since turned into a 24 hour lawnmower race ! Shame really .

That was great to see the 911 GT3RS winning there too .
What a wonderfully pointless post.

Another fine example of ALMS Fan. Those 30 car DP grids, high TV ratings (That they don't have to pay for, by the way), and growing schedule must really stick right there.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1474100)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDMONEY
What a wonderfully pointless post.

Another fine example of ALMS Fan. Those 30 car DP grids, high TV ratings (That they don't have to pay for, by the way), and growing schedule must really stick right there.
Hey . I watched DP on the TV for the first time on the TV a few weeks ago , and i enjoyed the racing very much . Its a shame that we cant have such close racing in all our series . If I dont like the shape of the cars , that is my "CHOICE" mate . I know its successfull , and works well . But they dont exactly look wonderful , now do they ?

I expressed my interest in seeing Alms cars back at Daytona again . And why not , it worked before , it will work again if it was let happen .

About calling cars Lawnmowers .... i didnt realise that this forum was such a formal one . I thought it was generally exceptable to express ones opinion and not be told "Another fine example of ALMS Fan" !!!

Oh ..... and it was great to see a Porsche win that year , over a tyre farce .

End of story !
Old 30 Nov 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1474112)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I thought it was generally exceptable to express ones opinion and not be told "Another fine example of ALMS Fan" !!!
Indeed.

This has all the hallmarks of becoming a slanging match, and since ndj's original question has been answered, I'm going to lock it.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Closed Thread