Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 May 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3074557)   #26
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the subject of Motors TV, what is going on with their V8 Supercar coverage? Round three was never shown, they ended up showing round two from Tasmania instead. Then round four from Perth was on the planner, then disappeared. Have they dropped it?
Old 15 May 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3074682)   #27
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
On the subject of Motors TV, what is going on with their V8 Supercar coverage? Round three was never shown, they ended up showing round two from Tasmania instead. Then round four from Perth was on the planner, then disappeared. Have they dropped it?
I was going to start a thread asking exactly the same question myself today. I too had noticed the above and the latest round seems to have disappreared from the schedules altogether. I hope they haven't dropped it in favour of that awful Grand Am series. I'll be gutted if it has gone as I think V8 Supercar is one of the best race series going at the moment.
Old 16 May 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3075204)   #28
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Motors where in the doldrums last year but are broadcasting good output this year. Nationwide, Grand-Am, WEC are top-level series. Yes, it's piggy-backing off other productions but if the output is good, then the output is good.
They also show IndyCar, DTM, British F3/GT, F2/F3 Open/GT Open, etc. Not bad. Well - that's what we get here in France, not sure about the UK.
Old 16 May 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3075218)   #29
Hamness
Racer

Wales
Hamness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

From the Motors TV Forum :-

As you've all noticed, Round 3 of the V8 Supercars has not been shown on Motors TV.

Due to contractual issues we also won't be able to show the Perth event due to air this week-end.

We're doing our very best to solve the matter, and will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Sincere apologies for the many V8 Supercars fans.

Old 16 May 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3075473)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
However.....from Twitter:
"Hamilton saturday @ 5.50pm UK (5.45cet) then Perth tuesday evening & Phillip Island on the 26th, V8s are back, sorry for the black-out .."
Old 16 May 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3075498)   #31
reed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
reed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
They also show IndyCar, DTM, British F3/GT, F2/F3 Open/GT Open, etc. Not bad. Well - that's what we get here in France, not sure about the UK.
In the UK Sky snatched IndyCar and DTM highlights are shown on ITV. Do you get both live?
Old 16 May 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3075517)   #32
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Is that broadcast by satellite and is it encrypted or subscription?
Old 17 May 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3075638)   #33
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wish they'd sort out the picture quality with the bigger events. I mean, the WEC race was well below what ITV used to show the BTCC in before it became HD. And the NASCAR was terrible the other night too. They had sound issues and the picture quality was terrible too.

I'd love for them to broadcast programmes in HD, but it doesn't seem realistically possible by the sounds of things..
Old 17 May 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3075842)   #34
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed View Post
In the UK Sky snatched IndyCar and DTM highlights are shown on ITV. Do you get both live?
Yes, they showed the first 3 IndyCar races live. Round 4(Sao Paolo) wasn't showed live, probably because it conflicted with Grand-Am, but they aired the whole race(bar a few caution laps) on Monday evening. They will also show Indy next week.

They didn't show the first DTM round for some reason, but they aired the Oschersleben race live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Is that broadcast by satellite and is it encrypted or subscription?
I get it by satellite and with subscription(if I understood your question correctly - English isn't my native laguage, sorry).
Old 22 May 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3078059)   #35
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, no point trying to point a dish your way then!
Old 9 Jun 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3088030)   #36
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamness View Post
From the Motors TV Forum :-

As you've all noticed, Round 3 of the V8 Supercars has not been shown on Motors TV.

Due to contractual issues we also won't be able to show the Perth event due to air this week-end.

We're doing our very best to solve the matter, and will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Sincere apologies for the many V8 Supercars fans.

I'm glad whatever the issues were that were eventually resolved. The Perth and Phillip Island races were tremendous! Edge of the seat racing.