Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3645506)   #26
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
2-0? If I remember well Mad Max has won 2 weeks ago.
Meant 2 crashes to Max in this race. Ricciardo none.
Old 29 May 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3645655)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep Rici is the safe hands and guaranteed result whilst max is the wild card, i think he will need a firm hand if he is to progress
Old 10 Jun 2016, 05:44 (Ref:3648627)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
It is really good to see a driver acknowledge the help that comes from his team mate, well done Max!

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/130593-...for-car-set-up
Old 10 Jun 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3648730)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Saw that news piece too. Like Ronnie acknowledging that Mario developed the 79 into what it was
Old 10 Jun 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3648796)   #30
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are they both running the updated Renault engine this weekend? I believe only DR had it at Monaco
Old 10 Jun 2016, 22:04 (Ref:3648803)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Are they both running the updated Renault engine this weekend? I believe only DR had it at Monaco
Yes and yes.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3649400)   #32
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
well done Max for being one of the highlights of the race again....
Old 13 Jun 2016, 16:20 (Ref:3649431)   #33
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

2-1 for Mad Max
Old 13 Jun 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3649466)   #34
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I hear Max gave "the badger" a good wallopin' in Montreal.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 23:17 (Ref:3649512)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How many wheels did RBR put onto their cars this weekend without error?

Pitstop #2 for #3 wasn't great at all..

(Cranks up anti-Aussie conspiracy theories...)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Jun 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3649541)   #36
sambeeb
Rookie

Australia
sydney
sambeeb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo was quicker at the time that max was told to move over for him. Ricciardo isn't going to shred his tyres trying to get under his gearbox just to prove a point and the team knows that which is why the call came when they were a reasonable distance apart. As it was he just backed Ricciardo up into the Ferrari. They were both always going to be sitting ducks but at least Ricciardo would have been much further up the road and protected by Max somewhat. That was a bit dubious I thought and a bit of a turning point in how his race unfolded after that.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 06:25 (Ref:3649560)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
We know Verstappen won't move over!

It will take Dan risking a crash with him which he will be unwilling to do (for obvious reasons) to get the clean air and optimise his race strategy as the team clearly won't enforce it.

Or, Dan will just have to make sure he out qualifies him and makes better starts and then he'll have little to complain about.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 06:46 (Ref:3649564)   #38
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Or, Dan will just have to make sure he out qualifies him and makes better starts and then he'll have little to complain about.
Yeah exactly. Dan did everything right on Saturday and on Sunday up until turn 3, where he lost out to Max when he had to get around a recovering Rosberg. A bit unlucky maybe, much like the strategy call that compromised him in Spain, but that's the challenge of motor racing!
Old 14 Jun 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3649579)   #39
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Its still 3 nil to Ricciardo in qualifying.

Daniel is quicker.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 09:10 (Ref:3649591)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post

Daniel is quicker.
Qualifying counts for nothing. They won't be awarding any money to Red Bull at the end of the year for Qualy, but they will for points in the races.
And Max is earning them more at the moment - so from Red Bull's perspective he is the better driver.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3649614)   #41
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Daniel is quicker.
Nothing counts but results. And Ricciardo is getting a thorough good pummelling by a fresh faced rookie in his first year. Welcome to the Bergerzone Dan.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 12:04 (Ref:3649621)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Welcome to the Bergerzone Dan.

but seriously. ricciardo's been really unfortunate with pitstop shenanigans. as much as i'd love to use the stats as a weapon to mock the fanboys with, it's not really valid... but it is fun
Old 14 Jun 2016, 12:31 (Ref:3649626)   #43
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo had three races in which pitstops put him at a disadvantage. In Spain, a three-stop strategy turned out to be wrong choice. In both Monaco and Canada, he lost time during pitstops.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 12:42 (Ref:3649627)   #44
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
We know Verstappen won't move over!

It will take Dan risking a crash with him which he will be unwilling to do (for obvious reasons) to get the clean air and optimise his race strategy as the team clearly won't enforce it.

As much as I consider Max an exciting prospect, beating your team mate by ruining his race strategy seems to be a very hollow victory. The next step is lying about set up etc. and then the whole operation just goes down the plug.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3649640)   #45
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Daniel still leads Max in the points tally.

Cue the Max fanboys excuses
Old 14 Jun 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3649663)   #46
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Not sinceMV joined the team that DR has been in almost 3 years
Old 14 Jun 2016, 17:23 (Ref:3649678)   #47
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Not sinceMV joined the team that DR has been in almost 3 years
No logic allowed!

Richard
Old 14 Jun 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3649701)   #48
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:

Max is barely out of nappies! He doesn't know the car! And he's already coming home ahead of your fella.

Wait until Max really gets actually gets his talons into his Bull, he'll be unstoppable.

Dan better enjoy the moment - coz it'll soon be Webber World for you buddy.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3649703)   #49
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber World...that near Enstone?
Old 14 Jun 2016, 21:25 (Ref:3649705)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm gradually coming to the conclusion that both are a bit rubbish.