Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Nov 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2986269)   #1
BLT4SPD
Rookie

BLT4SPD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ISO/WTB 1972 Ensign F3 Rear Upright

This is my first post here, but I am not new to the forum-type setting. If I have posted this in the wrong forum or broken some rules, please let me know (as gentle as you can, please).

I am in need of a rear upright for a 1972 Ensign F3 car. I have been told (and please correct me if my info is wrong) that our car has “Nike” uprights and they are NOT original Ensign parts. What we have though, is a broken one and I’d like to find, either a single Nike replacement or a pair of suitable replacements. We are in the US of A, so finding something stateside would be GREAT, but willing to pay shipping from just about anywhere for the right part.

Any help/leads/tips are GREATLY appreciated!

Old 14 Nov 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2986301)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome BLT4SPD. I'd like to think that that some of our learned colleagues on here are able to assist.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2986363)   #3
BLT4SPD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Welcome BLT4SPD. I'd like to think that that some of our learned colleagues on here are able to assist.
Thanks! I'd like to think so too. (fingers crossed)
Old 15 Nov 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2986570)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely someone in the HSCC Classic F3 area could assist? What about Delta?
Old 16 Nov 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2987311)   #5
BLT4SPD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Surely someone in the HSCC Classic F3 area could assist? What about Delta?
Thanks for the reply! Delta has been in touch and it sounds like he might be able to help.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 11:03 (Ref:3003867)   #6
fyrth
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bristol
fyrth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ensign F3 cars fitted with outboards brakes had Brabham rear uprights, BT21 or similar. A telephone call to Ken Nichols at Holsworthy EX22 7TQ, UK might be a good idea as it is surprising the number of odd Nike bits that lurk in his workshop. I can help with body parts as I've all the moulds.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 13:17 (Ref:3003895)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I did look at the Brabham roote for our friend its an option thanks..I have also seen the broken upright and suggested it can be repaired without too much trouble.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3349625)   #8
rayspeed
Rookie

rayspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ensign uprights

Hi i have been looking on the interweb and found you r quistons , did you find the right rear uprights for your ensign or did you repair your old one ? Look forward to your reply and wishing you a successful new year ....Peter Hannam
Old 2 Jan 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3349656)   #9
fyrth
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bristol
fyrth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've noticed a post I made at the end of 2011 regarding Ensign F3 rear uprights, which was inaccurate. Whilst very similar to Brabham, they were specially cast for Ensigns by Aeroplane & Motor Castings in Birmingham.

They carry the marks LN1970 ( the usual Lewis/Nunn followed by the casting year) and L127.
Old 28 May 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3411782)   #10
eflachbart
Rookie

eflachbart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a similar note. I am in the process of restoring my LNF3 here in the states. I need to have my uprights crack checked, replace rotors and wheel bearings. I am looking for confirmation that the stub axle needs to be pressed out of the upright from the backside to remove the rotor. There is a set screw in the face but it appears to do nothing as it just spins.

I want to be very sure of how this comes apart before I start pressing on anything.

Thanks

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
photo 1.JPG   photo 2.JPG   photo 3.JPG  

Old 14 Jan 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3702584)   #11
thr2
Rookie

thr2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ensign uprights !!

ensign uprights.
Hi i have been looking on the interweb and found your quistons , did you find the right rear uprights for your ensign or did you repair your old one ? Look forward to your reply and wishing you a successful new year ....Peter Hannam
peter.hannam@virgin.net