Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jan 2002, 03:56 (Ref:195313)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Should DC be worried??

with McLaren signing kimi for this season right under the noses of ferrari and still having hiedfeld contracted, aswell as mika a possibility should DC be worried about his drive??

and if he was to lose it where do you think he would end up??

thoughts please.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 04:12 (Ref:195316)   #2
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a make or break year for DC. If he doesn't preform he will be kicked out of Mclaren and join the list of forgotten underachievers.
I sure hope, for his sake, that he can step his game up. But I'm just not so sure that he has it in him.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 04:27 (Ref:195320)   #3
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'll beat Kimi...but if he doesn't dominate him and win WDC, Ron will probably get rid of him anyway unless DC starts asking for even less money.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 06:48 (Ref:195340)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It won't matter how DC does this year as he won't be at McLaren next year. End of story.

However, if Hakkinen doesn't return (and sadly for us Mika fans I don't think we will se him again) then expect young Nick Heidfeld (who I still say should have got the seat, but no-one listens to me anymore) to arrive next to Kimi.

The only way I can see DC staying at McLaren in 2003 is if Kimi proves to be a one-year-wonder (like a certain young British driver) and Heidfeld is drafted in to partner DC.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 08:35 (Ref:195361)   #5
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC will stay with Mclaren after next year since ACCORDING to him, he'll be WDC this year.

Old 8 Jan 2002, 11:37 (Ref:195394)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remember : This year is DC's year !
Old 8 Jan 2002, 13:28 (Ref:195436)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by f1manoz
[B](who I still say should have got the seat, but no-one listens to me anymore) to arrive next to Kimi.

i think the reason that kimi is there this season and not nick is that, mclaren already had hiedfeld contracted, and ferrari were sniffing round kimi, i reckon nick has always been in mclarens plans, it's just been put back a year or so!!

p.s see ya lata dc
Old 8 Jan 2002, 15:42 (Ref:195501)   #8
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I share the view that DC is in a really tough situation. If Kimi outperforms him, or even comes reasonably close, DC is toast. He will be looking for another seat.

If DC clobbers Kimi but fails to win the WDC, he is also toast if Mika elects to come back.

The only hope I can see for him is that he wins the WDC and Mika stays home, or, makes a really, really good run at it while clobbering Kimi and Mika does not come back.

His big problem is that both he and Mika are headed over the hill. McLaren needs a new, good, young driver. If Kimi shows promise, his seat is secure.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 16:25 (Ref:195512)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DC reminds me of The Brain, from Pinky and the Brain, the old cartoon series, who, every night, says he is going to take over the world. Of course he fails, and finishes every show saying he'll take over the world tomorrow night. DC starts every year saying he's more motivated, fitter, more prepared, and so on, but I never believe him. Makes you wonder how unfit, lazy and disorganised he was at the start of his career, ratehr like how toothpaste companies advertise spectacular breakthroughs in cleaning power at least 3 times a year, yet it's not as if everyone in vintage photos from before at least 100 miracle breakthroughs have dirty teeth.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 16:53 (Ref:195533)   #10
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi, I'm sure, will beat DC. He's just an absolute complete natural - the sort that doesn't come along too often. The sort that makes it look quite effortless. Everyone raves on about Montoya, but this kid is also something pretty special. Unfortunately, all he seems to care about is driving cars quickly - not too much about talking or image which is 95 per cent of what F1 is all about these days. DC, for all his outward confidence, must surely, inside, be a little worried. Kimi, like Mika, will make David look not necessarily all that good.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 17:17 (Ref:195554)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
the first thing i think dc needs to do is not to agree to an interview with autosport/f1 racing etc with the headline "THIS YEAR IS MY YEAR" splashed all over the front page!

as far back as i can remember this has been the case at the start of the season and nothing!!

(to be totally honest i don't think dc is consistant enough to win the wdc,even if he was the only driver out there!!)