Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 Dec 2002, 22:17 (Ref:448646)   #26
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL glance isn't working for me. Is it because I have GPL in version 1.0.0.0?

I tried to get me v 1.2 but then I would not be able to get out of the track...
Old 13 Dec 2002, 08:14 (Ref:448886)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
GPL glance isn't working for me. Is it because I have GPL in version 1.0.0.0?

I tried to get me v 1.2 but then I would not be able to get out of the track...
It could well be. What's the problem for you with 1.2.0.1.?
Old 13 Dec 2002, 18:05 (Ref:449218)   #28
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I installed the Spanish version and with that one in, I would never be able to get out of the cockpit. I needed to reset the PC to be able to get out, and that is not the way, obviously...

Do I try the English patch?
Old 13 Dec 2002, 18:44 (Ref:449235)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be honest Jordi, I'm not sure. I don't know if the only difference between the patches is the language. I presume your version is all in Spanish? As you obviously speak perfect English you might as well give it a go, I suppose.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 00:30 (Ref:449472)   #30
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
I'll try.... I'll tell you what happens...
Old 16 Dec 2002, 17:21 (Ref:451261)   #31
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
I tried the English patch, but incredibly, everytime I wanted to click on Single Race or Training it said that it needed the CD. I put the CD, but it continued asking for it.

So I reinstalled the game again. The worst thing is that the first time I had the game, I got the 1.2.0.1 patch and it worked! (can't remember from where... US? English? Spanish?)

So that's it. By the way, I downloaded Avus-long version... it's awesome. What can be better than 15 km long straights?!

It's a beta though, and the AI just doesn't race yet...
Old 16 Dec 2002, 17:26 (Ref:451264)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can't speak for the Spanish version, Jordi, but the last release of GPL in the UK had the 1.2.0.1 patch included on it. You can of course download it (from Papy's own site, I believe).

The cpu speedfix patch not only converts it to 1.2.0.2, but also makes it a no-CD game. You don't need the CD to play. I don't know what spec your pc is Jordi, but I imagine that if its reasonably up to ate, you'll need the fastcpu patch.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 17:39 (Ref:451270)   #33
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
My version is an English version actually, because I bought it recently from Sold-Out software at amazon.co.uk

But I can assure you it's 1.0.0.0. My computer is a Pentium III at 700 mhz... do I get the speedfix patch anyway?

(because I find it strange that in version 1.0.0.0 I don't need the CD and in version 1.2.0.1 I need it...)
Old 17 Dec 2002, 08:18 (Ref:451653)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Jordi, if you've got the last "Sold Out" British version of the game, it comes packed with both the 1.2 upgrade on the disk, plus the speedfix patch which will upgrade you to 1.2.0.2. If you install the speedfix, it will run without the CD again. I have to say though I don't know where the cut-off is for use of the speedfix. At 700 Mhz, you may not need it. Does anyone else know?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 17 Dec 2002 at 08:19.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 16:31 (Ref:451902)   #35
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordi: Look in your CD and go to "patches" folder. Unzip the zip file over your existing gpl.exe file and that *SHOULD* sort your problem.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 18:00 (Ref:451959)   #36
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
YAY! Finally! Thanks for pointing that out, Tristan, and thanks Aysedasi for all the help!

GPL v 1.2.0.1 is working fine and so does GPL Glance!

On to the next question... I play with the keyboard, so when I use GPL glance and I don't turn totally, well, it goes a bit crazy! But at least it's working!
Old 30 Dec 2002, 18:55 (Ref:460328)   #37
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it worth downloading this from the start or should I get used to the game with 'normal view' first?
Old 30 Dec 2002, 19:50 (Ref:460379)   #38
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Maybe it's better to download it now, so you don't get used to the "normal view"
Old 30 Dec 2002, 19:51 (Ref:460381)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I now use it all the time Damon, loading it before I run GPL. It's become automatic. I would suggest you run without it for half an hour or so and then run with it and make a comparison. I don't know what others think? Do any of you use it? (Have any of you tried it?)
Old 3 Jan 2003, 23:07 (Ref:463154)   #40
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I tried loading it and have the worst case of the "jitters".

I tried the remedies listed above but nothing is working.

I have an original version 1.0 which I upgraqded with a patch to 1.2.0.1. My gpl.exe. file doesn't offer an OS option. What am I doing wrong???
Old 4 Jan 2003, 09:23 (Ref:463394)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Although I use it EERO, I'm not expert with it. I had the jitters badly until I realised I was running in Win98 compatibility mode on XP. Since I resolved that GPL Glance (and GPL generally) has worked like a dream.

There was (and presumably still is) a long, long thread on GPL Glance on RaceSimCentral. You might like to take a look there.

If not, I would suggest you turn the effect down. I'm using 20% effect and 30% damping all on steering wheel input.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 4 Jan 2003 at 09:23.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 14:09 (Ref:463543)   #42
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used it for a while but then my times were no longer recorded on the nurburgring. This happenend only on the ring and when I restarted the game without glance my times were recorded correctly. Then I restarted the game with glance on again and my times were not recorded. This took a long time to find out cos everytime you need to do 2 laps at the ring and that takes almost 20 minutes.

I haven't used glance since, but a while ago my time at the ring was not recorded and I was not using glance so maybe I'll have to retry the program. It worked very well apart from the timing problems. And I could use the practive at the ring!
Old 4 Jan 2003, 19:09 (Ref:463738)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've never had any timing problems with Glance - that's a new one on me.

You want to try Ringtrainer Toth, it lets you start your "out" lap anywhere you like. I usually start at Doettinger Hohe.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 19:34 (Ref:463752)   #44
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i tried ringtrainer after i had problems with GPL and it seems reluctant to do anything

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 4 Jan 2003, 19:47 (Ref:463763)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
i tried ringtrainer after i had problems with GPL and it seems reluctant to do anything
You're always having problems you!

Uninstall it and reinstall?
Old 6 Jan 2003, 12:16 (Ref:465260)   #46
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm morally against ringtrainer, and against using other people's setups as well.

(I'm not really morally against it, I just need an excuse for being terribly slow)
Old 13 Jan 2003, 13:32 (Ref:472988)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ringtrainer doesn't make you any quicker at all. Unless you use it (as you can - but I never have), to practice the same part of the circuit over and over again. I just use it to avoid having to run a complete lap without getting a time for it.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 22:29 (Ref:546906)   #48
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone know where I can download this as the link on the GPLA is a dead one.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 08:25 (Ref:547170)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If you put GPL Glance into Google Rob, you will find some links. I can't actually try them as I'm at work and my system here won't let me access any of them for some reason.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 10:01 (Ref:547249)   #50
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The link to GPL Glance on RSC didn't work...