Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Feb 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2642033)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
The Delta's got centrelock wheels (1.125" AF?) so probably a bit big for your spider, Mike. Iain's probably right not to let inexperienced punters loose with air tools or rattle guns, if only to avoid crossed-thread incidents...
I thought Iain was being a bit brave

I'll just bring my knee pads then...
Old 28 Feb 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2642056)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Do I need to bring own spider and torque wrench?

Is Sarah coming down with you Mike?
Old 28 Feb 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2642084)   #28
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Is Sarah coming down with you Mike?

I thought thats what the knee pads were for
Old 28 Feb 2010, 23:16 (Ref:2642305)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
All equipment supplied. You can have a practice Saturday evening if you want..
Old 3 Mar 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2644096)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had a bit of a meeting Monday night. Well good excuse to have a couple of beers.Anyway we are now thinking that you "professionals" should split up and i will a point each of you as team captain to some of the locals that are coming. Will explain later final details. We are also setting up a Web site to keep everyone informed and that way all exhibitors can contact us through the site, Thanks.. I would like to invite Motor racing oriented book sellers and model car as well. Anyone got an idea who is best to contact.??
Old 3 Mar 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2644170)   #31
Barman1963
Rookie

Barman1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if we'd would be any use to you, but we're not marshaling that weekend so could supply some people in orange probans for background colour ?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2644197)   #32
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anyway we are now thinking that you "professionals" should split up and i will a point each of you as team captain to some of the locals that are coming.
What professionals?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2644220)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
What professionals?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2644288)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman1963 View Post
I don't know if we'd would be any use to you, but we're not marshaling that weekend so could supply some people in orange probans for background colour ?
Well Mr Barman1963. You could solve a problem for us. We are having all the classic cars on display at the local village green." We were wondering how to supervise and control parking , safety "crowd control" ect ect. So YES PLEASE YOU WOULD BE VERY WELCOME. Thank you. Can i contact you nearer the time and have a chat.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2644709)   #35
Barman1963
Rookie

Barman1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course. Just drop me a PM and I'll give you a variety of numbers, at least one of which will be where I'm sat !
Old 4 Mar 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2644721)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks. Just to explain. Last year we ran out of room as a lot of the locals brought their classic cars. This year we will have them on the village green so as to free up space on the industrial site for all the race cars and motor bikes.I have had no news from any book or model shops out there who would like to have a stall.WE don't want any money just a donation to wards the Air Ambulance. So as Delia said "where are you"
Old 4 Mar 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2644852)   #37
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, As no clashes this year, I am sure we can bring the Oliroy and I can ask my mate Andy to bring his RF80 FF1600.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2644976)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks Richard. Can i put you down as the captain of the Classic F3 pit stop team.,
Old 5 Mar 2010, 07:35 (Ref:2645310)   #39
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sure Iain, then I can boss them all around (probably just me and Colin!)
Old 12 May 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2689050)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Not long now till the big day and we had a committee meeting last night.One of the members brought his friend who is a "health and safety expert".!!! Well after two hours interrogation the "pit stop competition" is now a very low risk assessment and he has signed us off as that.Phew!!!.We went into back injuries "quick lift jack"operator. wheel dropping on someones foot.wheel spinning off into the crowd. Crowd control ect ect.I assured him also that there would be a brain surgeon and two heart surgeons at the event as well as all our marshall friends so first aid was well taken care off.I will post a couple of weeks before hand and make all final arrangements.Cheers Iain.PS the local parish council have agreed to let us put all classic cars on the village green. Pub just around the corner
Old 12 May 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2689054)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I'll being taking a bit of a drive on the 13th of June.
Old 12 May 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2689155)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And me- plus hopefully a few guys from the AVO club
Old 12 May 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2689185)   #43
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Not long now till the big day and we had a committee meeting last night.One of the members brought his friend who is a "health and safety expert".!!! Well after two hours interrogation the "pit stop competition" is now a very low risk assessment and he has signed us off as that.Phew!!!.We went into back injuries "quick lift jack"operator. wheel dropping on someones foot.wheel spinning off into the crowd. Crowd control ect ect.I assured him also that there would be a brain surgeon and two heart surgeons at the event as well as all our marshall friends so first aid was well taken care off.I will post a couple of weeks before hand and make all final arrangements.Cheers Iain.PS the local parish council have agreed to let us put all classic cars on the village green. Pub just around the corner
Iain,

How many people do you have doing the site safety induction training for the exhibitors and their support teams? Will the public attending also need a quick safety guidance course?

Should people bring their own yellow jackets or can they be rented at the gate?

Have you arranged a traffic management plan for the surrounding 20 miles of the road network and involved the police?

Has everyone been CRB checked or are you simply banning kids?

All these steps and more seem to be necessary these days - especially the Hi-Viz jackets for anything with a pulse that moves.

My eldest daughter's boyfriend's father last week retold a most ridiculous tale about a H&S driven delay to a job he attended. The upshot was that having made an early start to beat the traffic and get a head start on site the entire process was so delayed that a 2 hour job started 5 hours late, overran to 5 hours and end up with him driving back home for 3 hours after a 15 hour day. So much for health and safety in that then. All chargeable of course - and people wonder why publically funded establishments absorb so much tax money.
Old 13 May 2010, 06:46 (Ref:2689578)   #44
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain
Unfortunately I had not realised when I posted my original reply that we were racing at Brands Hatch on the 13th June.
Maybe next year we can help out -
See you sometime soon
Stuart Wright
Old 18 May 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2693142)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
If anyone needs accommodation on the Saturday and that's exibitors Marshall's or friends can you pm me or e mail iain@deltamotorsport.co.uk the locals are offering rooms for B&B. Some are charging some are not.Not long now..
Old 18 May 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2693594)   #46
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it still ok to bring a yank rv and stay over? Oh, and whats the earliest we could arrive?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 19 May 2010, 06:38 (Ref:2693782)   #47
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
You bet will park you next to the Galaxie..If you dont come Saturday evening then i would like all cars to be in place by 11am on the Sunday. Thanks.
Old 19 May 2010, 06:40 (Ref:2693784)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sorry Moosie just read your post. Come over anytime on Saturday.I will be there in the Morning sorting out the site. You and your team can have some practice with the pit stop challenge.
Old 19 May 2010, 07:12 (Ref:2693801)   #49
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian.
Would you like me to bring my Chevron or have you enough cars?
Old 19 May 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2694047)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes please Richard We are having a Monaco theme and as you were a lot more prominent than me in the race that would be fantastic.,I will say you are signing autographs at 1.30.