Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Dec 2007, 19:28 (Ref:2093884)   #1
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
help xbox 360 or ps3 after xmas

Guys please help iv had a ps1 and 2 and to play the games i like, racing/footy sports games iv had no probs and find the controllers fine
my mates are saying to get a xmbox 360 for better games etc but the controllers also put me off.
what should i do with my january bonus???? what good racing games are on each please

thanks
Old 22 Dec 2007, 23:16 (Ref:2093937)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get a 360, if all your mates are getting it too, the online will be great.
The controllers are better than the PS3 ones imo

As for racing games, PGR4 is a good laugh, Forza 2, and In January, Burnout Paradise.

Hope this helps.
Munkeh.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 13:59 (Ref:2094465)   #3
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

anyone else???
thanks

might buy an xbox and take it back if not good!!
Old 24 Dec 2007, 14:32 (Ref:2094472)   #4
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After owing both Playstations for several years I have to say that the Xbox controllers on the 360 (not the comedy old ones) are better than the Playstations. The Xbox controllers have analogue triggers which are excellent for racing games.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 20:44 (Ref:2094594)   #5
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm probably not the best person to comment on this because I've never played any racing games on an Xbox and I haven't owned my PS3 for very long, but I thought I'd offer my thoughts anyway!

Having evolved from the days of playing Formula 1 '97 on my Playstation when I got home from school until stupid o'clock in the morning, I progressed to Formula One 2002 on the PS2. That was my last F1 game until I bought Formula One Championship Edition on the PS3, and the graphics completely blew me away. I obviously expected an improvement, but not on that scale. The gameplay isn't much different from previous games - I think that the designers have more or less reached a level that they're happy with - but overall it's an improvement. Colin McRae Dirt is also fantastic, and it has got everything from rallies and rallycrosses to hill climbs and off-road events. To be honest these two games alone made the purchase of the PS3 console (even though I'm still paying it off!) worth while. And don't forget that the next official WRC game will be released to Sony for the PS3!!

These are links to just some of the racing games on the official Playstation site:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue | Gran Turismo HD Concept | Colin McRae Dirt | Formula One Championship Edition | Ridge Racer 7

Hope this is of some help, happy shopping!

Old 24 Dec 2007, 20:59 (Ref:2094600)   #6
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to say PS3, i don't own a 360 but i do own a PS3. The PS3 seems to be gaining popularity now and it could beat the 360 this xmas (both of course will get slaughtered by the Wii). There are a good few racing games out for it already, motorstorm and F1:CE for a start, Burnout Paradise coming in january too (on 360 too as rockmunky says). Oh and free online play
Old 25 Dec 2007, 14:33 (Ref:2094734)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you want an overblown console, with trendy adverts and no games then the PS3 is for you.

Otherwise a 360 is your best bet. It is just so far better than anything else on the market it is unreal (reliability aside, but that is being fixed).

The Wii is the winner sales wise, the PS3 is possibly the best in terms of technology (Blu Ray lolz) but the 360 does not let you down in any area and has a games library to die for.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 13:59 (Ref:2094987)   #8
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
If you want an overblown console, with trendy adverts and no games then the PS3 is for you.

Otherwise a 360 is your best bet. It is just so far better than anything else on the market it is unreal (reliability aside, but that is being fixed).

The Wii is the winner sales wise, the PS3 is possibly the best in terms of technology (Blu Ray lolz) but the 360 does not let you down in any area and has a games library to die for.
+1
Old 26 Dec 2007, 16:54 (Ref:2095018)   #9
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always been a playstation boy, but don't plan on spending $700 on a console.

I have found myself buying 360 games to use on my housemates one.

As maximus said, the 360 controllers have triggers, which would win out when playing racing games imo
Old 26 Dec 2007, 17:36 (Ref:2095027)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a 360, its so bloody brilliant! Great games, the triggers are great for racing, and the games dont cost £50. Sega Rally is great fun, Guitar Hero III is immense and im sure Forza is good, its on my list of games to get. If all your mates are getting 360's, I suggest you get e 360. I have been playing the Playstayions up till now, and the transtion to the 360's controler was easy, also, the wireless is brilliant and I love turning it on and off from teh controler ()
Old 26 Dec 2007, 18:12 (Ref:2095031)   #11
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh God.

What's your gamertag nicole?
Old 26 Dec 2007, 20:57 (Ref:2095059)   #12
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont have one yet, gonna get a wireless thingy.

So no need to be afraid just yet....

Lets not go OT for just now anyway...
Old 26 Dec 2007, 21:08 (Ref:2095063)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Racing on Forza 2 with a crasher. Argh!

Don't forget to post your GT in the thread when you join up.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 21:13 (Ref:2095067)   #14
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Dude, we have to race him. I'm gonna have mega lolz.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 21:21 (Ref:2095070)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

lol tbh.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 00:00 (Ref:2095151)   #16
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only reason to have a crack at a PS3 is because they blow x360's away totally and abundently.

I was on the fence over which to get and finally got me a PS3 and boy am i glad i did.

The whole console just makes the X360 look like cheap tack and the games are out of this world.

If you look at comparrisons in the shops on HDTV it shows how much better the PS3 is.

The only factor going for the X360 atm imo is the online element as sony have yet to get going fully with there offereing. However its on its way so if you can afford it go PS3 if you cant afford the price tag then go with the x360 until you can
Old 27 Dec 2007, 00:20 (Ref:2095157)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

So what you are saying is, if you favour graphics over the actual game, buy a PS3?
Old 27 Dec 2007, 10:15 (Ref:2095254)   #18
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
No I am saying that until mid 2008 the X360 may still have an edge on games being produced as PS3 is still gathering its steam with exclusivity. By 2nd-3rd quarter 2008 I think the PS3 will have outsold X360 and outperformed it due to the problems with X360 ( did you know 3,500 are returned for repair every week in the uk alone and have to be shipped abroad as they cant fix them fast enough ) the PS3 basically has it all in the right proportions and graphics alone ( which were supposed to be better on X360 which cant do 1080p) are enough for me to drool.

I also have a Wii and think that PS3 and Wii will end up being the market leaders in the end but for driving games PS3 is the way to go ( unless you like mario karts ).
Old 27 Dec 2007, 12:20 (Ref:2095290)   #19
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
id say ps3, thery are now the same price as the 360 elite so its a no brainer as they have more in the console. better techonolgy in it, an i think persoanlly beter fr racing games as the xbox ones seem to me a bit drfting the quickest way if u no what i mean. ps3 will have gran turismo which you have to drive proper, f1 and plenty of others. free online play also.

xbox build quality/repairs also very poor you may find yourself sending it back a few times.

but as ps3 the same money for the top console, its a simple choice.

Last edited by Kieran20; 27 Dec 2007 at 12:23.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 12:24 (Ref:2095292)   #20
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFHarv
No I am saying that until mid 2008 the X360 may still have an edge on games being produced as PS3 is still gathering its steam with exclusivity. By 2nd-3rd quarter 2008 I think the PS3 will have outsold X360 and outperformed it due to the problems with X360 ( did you know 3,500 are returned for repair every week in the uk alone and have to be shipped abroad as they cant fix them fast enough ) the PS3 basically has it all in the right proportions and graphics alone ( which were supposed to be better on X360 which cant do 1080p) are enough for me to drool.

I also have a Wii and think that PS3 and Wii will end up being the market leaders in the end but for driving games PS3 is the way to go ( unless you like mario karts ).
i agree with you there.

wii is not a serious gaming console, its for the younger ones, or for a laugh with your mates.

ps3 for me. no they are not overpriced anymore, you get what you pay for in terms of quality, reliability and tech.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 12:24 (Ref:2095293)   #21
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Well, exclusivity doesn't mean alot anyway... Remember GTA... that's a PS3 exclusive.. oh no wait it isn't is it!? There's a huge amount of games that are out on both.
What other (Decent) PS3 exclusives are there?

You mention the 360's reliability problems, have you got a source to back up the statistics?

I'm pretty sure the PS3 will have some problems too, but hey, as they've only been out for what feels like a week, they haven't had time to blow up yet.
(I say a week judging by the amount of games that are out for it)

As for graphics, it's pretty much the same now, since the Xbox 360 Elite can do 1080p, so there's that argument gone.

The 360 will be stronger than the PS3 for a very long time due to the fact that they were able to capture the market alot earlier than Sony, there's a wider array of games out, the big titles are going be be released on both so there will be no need for normal people to go off and buy a PS3 particularly for a certain game.

From the people i know who have PS3's, they are the sort of people who have Audi TT's.

They're fashion accesories.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 12:53 (Ref:2095311)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Both consoles have their own meaty exclusives anyways.

I am not anti-PS3, I will eventually get one when they are selling massively cheap (I collect games and consoles), but right now I see no benefits really. I got a four figure bonus in May and June this year and had too much money to burn: this made me consider a PS3, but there was just nothing to persuade me to go through with it.

I look at the games I have for the 360 and I just can't get into my head what the PS3 could bring to my table. And the very fact that PS3 owners are creaming themselves over Home and Blu-Ray discs (which are pointless BTW, as well as slow) shows something is wrong somewhere.

It is an impressive machine, but it is missing something.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 13:00 (Ref:2095315)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And yes, the system reliabiliity for 360 has been below par to begin with (my stepdads died the other week actually) but PS2 had equally bad issues with dodgy lasers and people still bought those and stood by the system. I still bought replacement PS2's for instance.

It seems nobody else is allowed to make a hash of things though.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 18:24 (Ref:2095427)   #24
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
hmm well lets see - xbox360 - cant move the console while switched on as it destroys any disc in it and while your at it don't use it stood up as that makes it more unreliable ( Microsoft support answer ).

Yes I can back up the 3,500 repairs in UK per week making them send them external to be repaired ( just need to find the thread I reported it on was a bit back ) .

Red ring of death occurs for numerous reasons....

They overheat and have a breeze block as a power supply...

They only do 720p and can almost cope with 1080i....

They come in so many different models its like huh???

They have DVD drives as standard restricting them to 9Gb ( about ) of data.

PS3 has bluray ( 40Gb ) which is already too small to cope with the next generation of GTA the data they want to put on the disc is already needing to be compressed more to fit it all on.

PS3 has been out in UK since March(ish) 2007 and was out in US and Japan in November 2006 and has had no mass problems with hardware ( although they have had a couple of bloopers with firmware ).

I really don't want to flame the X360 as I do happen to think its a good console with some ace titles but they have made some horrendous mistakes with it and have gone nowhere in the fight to correct them. No DX10 and no drive fix being 2 of the biggest.

Gran turismo and F1 are going to be HUGE games on the PS3 and I'm looking forward to both. Shame they messed up the guitars for guitar hero tho ( you can't play 1 and 2 with the PS3 GH3 wireless guitar and the converters for the PS2 to PS3 don't work with the wired guitars

I stand by my comment that the PS3 will win the performance battle between X360 and PS3 in the end tho.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 20:10 (Ref:2095472)   #25
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
i stand by my original point, you either save money to later spend money by buying an older version of the xbox. or you buy the elite which ias th same price as the ps3! ps3, more in it, so what you gonna buy. you cant knock sonys build quality, i never had one problem with my ps2 and i had it 5 years to this date, im confident the ps3 will be the same.

ps3 it is.
( i love the 360 aso, but ps3 is the better option, i had a choice of both but ps3 was more for your money at the same price as an elite with less.)