Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Aug 2015, 10:39 (Ref:3568576)   #651
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TV. I personally would say attended for any race I go to in person.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 13:49 (Ref:3568611)   #652
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
'beat' as in have a higher post / watched race ratio than you (only those who watched > 0 races qualify, obviously) ?
No as in anyone
Old 25 Aug 2015, 15:49 (Ref:3568643)   #653
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
In full, or part of? For instance, I saw about an hour or two of the WEC Silverstone race...
Old 25 Aug 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3568649)   #654
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whatever your criteria is for 'watching a race'

My was full. But then again I haven't watched any half or partials this year, except if you count some 1 or 2 minute clips on youtube checked weeks afterwards

Anyway I didn't try to make anything out of it, just saying that I really haven't watched much of anything this year which can be surprising maybe
Old 25 Aug 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3568694)   #655
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I've been getting more and more into rallying in the last couple of years so a lot of my watching has turned to things about rallying history and the great YouTube clips of modern events, which is a side that can't really be captured without accreditation in circuit racing.

So this year has been a bit less than usual. As I suspect you do, I tend to focus on certain circuits of events.

I've been to British GT at Oulton Park and the Nurburgring 24 Hours, but in addition I consider myself to have watched:

- Dubai 24 Hours
- Daytona 24 Hours
- Bathurst 12 Hours
- CTSCC Sebring
- Sebring 12 Hours
- PWC St Petersburg
- Australian GT Adelaide
- PWC Long Beach
- TUSC Long Beach
- V8SC Barbagallo
- BES Monza
- PWC Barber
- Spa 6 Hours
- Indianapolis 500
- BSS Zolder
- Le Mans 24 Hours
- GT Masters Spa
- CTSCC Watkins Glen
- BES Paul Ricard
- ELMS Red Bull Ring
- CTSCC Mosport
- BES Spa 24 Hours
- CTSCC Lime Rock
- TUSC Lime Rock
- CTSCC Road America
- TUSC Road America
- CTSCC Mid-Ohio
- PWC Mid-Ohio

Probably missed a few. For the rest of the year, I'm mainly looking forward to the final BES race at the Nurburgring, Petit Le Mans (because Road Atlanta is amazing) and the corresponding CTSCC race and the Macau GT Cup. I usually make an attempt to watch the WEC round at Fuji if possible, and will try the Suzuka 1000km if I'm around and awake. I have enjoyed the Baku BSS races for the last few years too, so will try to watch the Zandvoort replacement.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3568711)   #656
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Probably missed a few. For the rest of the year, I'm mainly looking forward to the final BES race at the Nurburgring, Petit Le Mans (because Road Atlanta is amazing) and the corresponding CTSCC race and the Macau GT Cup. I usually make an attempt to watch the WEC round at Fuji if possible, and will try the Suzuka 1000km if I'm around and awake. I have enjoyed the Baku BSS races for the last few years too, so will try to watch the Zandvoort replacement.
It sure is! I'll wave to you trackside! (my pleasure)
Old 25 Aug 2015, 21:25 (Ref:3568714)   #657
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Haha, I was lucky enough to get there for the 2009 PLM... apart from the cancellation halfway through was an incredible trip, so I won't begrudge you it! Great track for both racing and spectating trackside.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3568717)   #658
Deleted
Veteran

If I ever were to attend a race in US it would be PLM, no matter the quality (or lack of it...) of the actual racing product, the track is just that amazing alone. Can't say the same for too many other places
Old 25 Aug 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3568723)   #659
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Haha, I was lucky enough to get there for the 2009 PLM... apart from the cancellation halfway through was an incredible trip, so I won't begrudge you it! Great track for both racing and spectating trackside.
Were you anywhere near turn 10? We might have missed each other then!

Me on the far right side of the pic on the flag stand:

Going back this year after skipping the last two.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3568725)   #660
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
By the rain I was, yes, but I think I'd walked two laps by then! I was wandering around the bridge towards the infield tents when the rain came down, couldn't believe that I'd travelled all that way and the damn thing got red flagged for good after half distance in what was turning into a classic race. Ended up getting to Athens in time to watch the college gridiron game, bit wasn't exactly what I'd gone for! Good memories though, hope to get there again one day in future.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 21:55 (Ref:3568730)   #661
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

The last time that Viper ran, and second last race for that ill fated Riley Corvette - that outqualified the factory cars lol.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3568743)   #662
Coach Ep
Veteran

Thanks to Marc Goossens - who might have raced at the old Road Atlanta (before Panoz put in the T10 complex) since he kept trying to find the dip - he ran thru that gravel trap numerous times!
Old 26 Aug 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3568771)   #663
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

For a second there I thought I might be in that picture too, on the far left in reddish jacket. But I was wearing green rain pants, so not me....
Old 26 Aug 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3568927)   #664
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I was camped in the RV spots above turn 10. I left when they threw the red flag, drove to my girlfriend's house an hour away, and took a nice warm shower. When they called it at 8:30PM I was glad I left at 4:30.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3568939)   #665
Coach Ep
Veteran

We were doing the now 'historic' M&M&M (M&Ms and Margaritas) party in the back of a rental van at that point. Good thing the race wasn't restarted after a couple of those cocktails, I would have messed up those flags and comms big time!
Old 28 Aug 2015, 03:04 (Ref:3569295)   #666
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Alright heres what I’d do with my 12 million dollars. Sorry for the late reply btw

Seven Racing Squadron 2016 Racing Programme

I’d build my own LMP-1 non hybrid as a constructor and enter in the full WEC
2016 Rich07-LMP1-16.

There is $4.75m gone ($2.25m purchase price and $2.5m WEC full season entry fee) That’s a chunk of money for a car that’ll never win but if I had the money to run a season in LMP1 with a car that I built myself, I’d do it because I had the chance to do it, I wouldn’t want to look back in regret having not competed in the pinnacle of endurance racing. I myself wouldn’t drive, I’d find three very good pro drivers to fill the seats from the world of sportscar and open wheel racing.

The car would be a front engine rear wheel drive coupe with shades of the Panoz Batmobile powered by a wonderful sounding high revving V10. It wouldn’t be overly revolutionary but for years afterwards people would still be saying to each other ‘Remember that Rich07 batmobile and how good it sounded?’, kinda like the Panoz.

Then I’d spend the rest on my GT3 programme. I considered GT-Pro and Am but I felt that GT-Pro is the domain of the factories and GT-Am doesnt appeal to me for the fact that I could do virtually the same thing in GT3 for less money (excepting the fact no Le Mans). IMSA P2 doesn’t appeal to me either if I have to race against Daytona Prototypes.

No.1 GT3 car Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 $1.25m purchase price-all pro car
Spa 24hrs .75m
Nurburgring 24hrs .75m
Bathurst 12hrs .60m
Entry fees total of $2.1m plus purchase price for a total of $3.35m
So now we have $3.9m left

No.2 GT3 car Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 $1.25m purchase price-pro am car with me on board and a pair of really good pros
Bathurst 12hr 0.60m
Spa 24hrs .75m
Daytona 24hrs .75m
Entry fees total $2.1m plus purchase price for a total of $3.35m

So basically a two car attack at Bathurst and Spa and one car each for Daytona and the Nurburgring.

Leaving 550,000 in the kitty…

Ive decided to send one GT3 car to Sepang 12hrs for 0.3m
And one car to Zandvoort 12hrs for 0.2m

Leaving 50 grand which I’d use to throw a decent end of year party for the team 

Great game Chiana really made one think about ones priorities and how one can juggle ones finances to get the most out of your 12 million dollars. Im still thinking...
Old 29 Aug 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3569704)   #667
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If anyone wants to know what Tim Mayer has been up to since he left IMSA in 2009, it seems that he's been working for the FIA as an official.

He was one of the guys who heard/studied the Audi Sport hearing over the Le Mans engine seal issues:

http://www.les24heures.fr/images/24h...Decision67.pdf
Old 29 Aug 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3569710)   #668
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
2016 Rich07-LMP1-16.

There is $4.75m gone ($2.25m purchase price and $2.5m WEC full season entry fee) That’s a chunk of money for a car that’ll never win but if I had the money to run a season in LMP1 with a car that I built myself, I’d do it because I had the chance to do it, I wouldn’t want to look back in regret having not competed in the pinnacle of endurance racing. I myself wouldn’t drive, I’d find three very good pro drivers to fill the seats from the world of sportscar and open wheel racing.

The car would be a front engine rear wheel drive coupe with shades of the Panoz Batmobile powered by a wonderful sounding high revving V10. It wouldn’t be overly revolutionary but for years afterwards people would still be saying to each other ‘Remember that Rich07 batmobile and how good it sounded?’, kinda like the Panoz.
Would the batmobile be able to beat the Nissans I wonder?
Old 30 Aug 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3569799)   #669
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Hey anythings possible..
Old 30 Sep 2015, 14:25 (Ref:3578297)   #670
bckf
Rookie

bckf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/...ew-dtm-engine/
Funny considering it's coming from the team that is outspending everyone else in F1, but anyway.

I guess the future for Class 1 doesn't look too bright.
Not that at any point I thought it could go beyond some exhibition races with terribly slowed-down GT500 cars, but well, even that would be cool to have.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3578316)   #671
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Class one doesnt need mercedes. I think theyre being cheap and figure they have an advantage with the current engine so why build a new one?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3578324)   #672
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Alright heres what I’d do with my 12 million dollars. Sorry for the late reply btw

Seven Racing Squadron 2016 Racing Programme

2016 Rich07-LMP1-16.

Your $12 million would be gone at the LMP1....
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3578363)   #673
bckf
Rookie

bckf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Class one doesnt need mercedes. I think theyre being cheap and figure they have an advantage with the current engine so why build a new one?
DTM does need Mercedes, though. Also, Wolff seems to be implying the other manufacturers share their opinion.
He even goes on to say "they will find an alternative". These words show little to no interest in having a common rulebook with GT500.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 04:21 (Ref:3578509)   #674
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Use the 6.3L out of the SLS GT3 car!

Being serious though, I'm not sure I care really. I highly doubt the new engines would make DTM exciting aside from the "who's engine is going to puke first?" game for the first few outings until they get them all perfected.

I also really don't think the DTM vs GT500 thing was going to happen anyway.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3578554)   #675
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Guess who's not coming to sportscars next year?

Mind I reckon the car he'll be driving will still be only just faster than the car he could have been in...