Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Oct 2023, 06:24 (Ref:4183278)   #26
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Why did you choose the Marcos over the G4R?

The mate I mentioned, who used to have a Marcos, wondered why they put a Volvo engine in it and didn’t put a Lotus Twin Cam in; I replied with no knowledge what so ever, that Chapman probably didn’t want to sell his engines to a direct rival. And yet he sold the engines to Ginetta; and I am told by those that seem to know that the G4R is actually a better car than the Elan, but I have no idea!
Marcos installed just about every engine in the GT EXCEPT the Lotus twin cam. If memory serves , they used Ford Crossflow in 1600 and 1650 form , Volvo 1800 , Volvo 3 Litre six, Ford V6 , Ford V4 , and Triumph straight six ...
Old 28 Oct 2023, 10:24 (Ref:4183300)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Delta sent the attached pic of Cor Euser's Marcos in the Portimao pit. A slightly modified example. And while we are at it, I spotted the green one at the recent Pistons and Prop weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Marcos.jpg   P&P SY-2023-003.jpg