Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Sep 2003, 18:01 (Ref:708281)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lola

I see from this weeks Autosport that Lola have an exciting sportscar project, which they are going to announce details of this week. Now they are refusing to confirm weather the car is a LMP1 or LMP2. I have a feeling that this project is going to see them linking up with a major manufactor.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 18:43 (Ref:708301)   #2
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A good news, but i hope this new project will give a bit less ugly car than the last one !
Old 4 Sep 2003, 18:46 (Ref:708308)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was nothing wrong with EX257, in fact I have 2 models of it my bedroom......
Old 4 Sep 2003, 18:54 (Ref:708316)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Indeed, nothing wrong with the EX257. But maybe he means the B2K, because wasn't the EX257 a MG?

I think if Lola announces the news there will be no manufactorer involved. But I hope they make a VAG beater. Every new LMP/GTP is good news.

Last edited by FIRE; 4 Sep 2003 at 18:55.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 19:07 (Ref:708327)   #5
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Indeed, nothing wrong with the EX257. But maybe he means the B2K, because wasn't the EX257 a MG?
Yes, I meant the horrible B2K with the projector in the nose looking like a big american diesel locomotive.

The EX257 chassis is original but rather good looking. I have two models me too.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 19:16 (Ref:708336)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Nope, the cars were entered by MG Sport and Racing, but the chasis was made by Lola. So the car was entered by MG, Knighthawk, Intersport etc, but the blueprints for the chasis design is owned by Lola. See this link for more information. http://www.lola-group.com/site/index...ory=motorsport
Old 4 Sep 2003, 20:04 (Ref:708403)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I know the car was developed/build by Lola but in the beginning the car was branded (in media, etcetera) as a MG. That's why I used a smiley in my reply.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 21:22 (Ref:708455)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i rather liked Lola's last sportscar effort, such a menacing and unique design- i wished it would have gotten more customers though, seemed like it had potential over many others.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 06:19 (Ref:708772)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Yes, I meant the horrible B2K with the projector in the nose looking like a big american diesel locomotive.
I LOVE the horrible B2K !

Just to point out (for each member here) that if you've a personnal opinion about something, be sure that there's someone having the opposite opinion too ! And that there's no personnal offense in it...

Well, against winds and tides, I still LOVE the horrible B2K, especially (but I'm rambling) the 2000' Rafanelli one...

All this notes beeing out of the thread, should have to precise that there's no news as good news ! Thank you Rob !
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:21 (Ref:708953)   #10
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep, I love the diesel too!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:26 (Ref:708956)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just hope they put a roof on it!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:40 (Ref:708970)   #12
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me and my friends refers to it as the 'tractor-lola'...

Anyway, is this new Lola the LMP1/GTP that they were working before, the one that should get a road going version? If so, then it could be really interresting!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 12:43 (Ref:709084)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Karl Kling
Me and my friends refers to it as the 'tractor-lola'...
Roll on tractor Lola !
Old 5 Sep 2003, 13:54 (Ref:709155)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
So when is the wretched announcement??
Old 5 Sep 2003, 15:35 (Ref:709268)   #15
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Count me among the lovers of this quixotic contraption. Only I thought the Lola's proboscis had a more Gallic form to it...
Old 5 Sep 2003, 15:39 (Ref:709273)   #16
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I loved that Lola. There were a couple of versions, I guess (correct me), the original one was born in 99, and did not feature the "boat" nose. For 2000 they improved the aerodynamics with the boat nose, and yes, I loved that car with rafanelli colours, and also the daytona champion, porsche powered. If you remember, last year DAMS entered a blue lola (B98?) for Le mans movie, and, despite the cameras and the age of the car, performed respectably. As always, Mulsannescorner has the BEST information you can find on the car
Old 6 Sep 2003, 03:46 (Ref:709786)   #17
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who doesn't like the looks of the Lola B2K-10!!!!!?????? You're all just crazy!
Old 6 Sep 2003, 06:12 (Ref:709848)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Dauntless, Javi, FastJoel, I love ya !
Old 6 Sep 2003, 12:18 (Ref:710033)   #19
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's start at Tractor-Lola fan club!!
Old 6 Sep 2003, 14:31 (Ref:710122)   #20
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll join...but only if I can wear a paper bag over my head at meetings!

Old 6 Sep 2003, 16:47 (Ref:710198)   #21
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally posted by FastJoel31
Who doesn't like the looks of the Lola B2K-10!!!!!?????? You're all just crazy!
Me. I don't like this car ; (quel tromblon cette bagnole !)

I really hope the next one will better suit the Hunaudières as the 280, 298 , T610 and T616 did before.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 18:10 (Ref:710243)   #22
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
So when is the wretched announcement??
It will be on dsc on Monday
Old 8 Sep 2003, 08:54 (Ref:711563)   #23
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
for all the "tractor boys"...

must admit - i'm not entirely convinced...
Old 8 Sep 2003, 11:10 (Ref:711702)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
It looks like a front wheel drive sportscar.
What's under that "tractor" nose?
Old 8 Sep 2003, 11:55 (Ref:711724)   #25
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Any news of the 2004 Lola announcement?