Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: f3 championship - whose name is on it?
adam carroll 13 35.14%
nelsinho 24 64.86%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Sep 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1099623)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
carroll vs piquet - whose title is it?

it's piquet's title to lose, but is he going to win it? or is adam carroll going to nick it from under his nose?

nelsinho - 247
carroll - 221

past records? testing? any other constructive stats to add?

Last edited by bella; 17 Sep 2004 at 18:51.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 19:29 (Ref:1099658)   #2
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
swap roles, give Carrol Nelsons budget and I think we'll see a slightly different points situation.

Carrol deserves it based on his efforts and attitude off track as much as on track.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 19:34 (Ref:1099662)   #3
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to say, because they are both my 2 absolute F3 favs, and they are both so strong!

If Neelsinho slips up 1 more time in Brands, I think the championship will be Adam's. But it'll be fun to watch, as I'll be there.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1099684)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's Piquet's to lose - he's the one going in potentially not knowing whether to give it everything or play per-centages.

Carrol knows he needs to win.

Having said that, I see Nelson winning the title.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1099721)   #5
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
of course for carroll to win it he needs to win ASWELL as keeping an eye on what piquets doing. but what i like about carroll is he never focuses on other peoples performances, just his own. if carroll were to win both races and not take the title, carroll would still be happy in that he won more races than piquet.

ive always liked carroll for his attitude as well as his driving. with rossiter and piquet, although i now like both drivers alot, seemed to me to come across as quite arrogant at times. carroll on the other hand seemed alot more down to earth. i dont know i havent met any of them maybe carroll in person is a ******** who knows? im biased towards carroll, anybody who posts here knows that. but if i was to look at the 3 (no im not discounting rossiter as championship runner up) i would say carroll is the more desirable as a racer.

carroll my be the oldest. carroll my have more expereince and more f3 experience but i dont buy this whole 'he has been here longer so he should be doing better' thing. the cars have limits and they are usually found. when it all comes down to it carroll is my bet. i think his attitute will help him in that he is coming from behind. carroll is always coming from behind. carroll is always coming with the unstable budget, the uncertain future etc etc. piquet is expected by everyone to wrap this title up and that pressure coupled with his 'i would like to win the championship this weekend rather than next time' attitude (aka, arrogance), could go against piquet.

i want carroll to win and i beleive given a good qualifying session, quali being carrolls downfall in oulton park, he could go all out for a win in the second.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1099759)   #6
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
I've met Adam. He is really nice- we just started a general conversation with him, and he seemed very nice to me!

Although it'd be great to see Adam win the champ, I've been a Piquet fan since I was 12 (ie for 2 yrs), so I'm backing him up.

Like I said, whoever wins it, it'll be fun to watch if these 2 get out into the lead and battle it out. The result's gonna be really fun to watch.
If Nelsinho wins, and there's a party in the tent, maybe he'd invite me? As he claims he knows who I am!
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1099770)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has Adam Carroll's budget this year really been that uncertain?

Afterall he's completed the season - and that wasn't on thin air.

I can't help feel there may have been a sympathy card played there in order to portray himself as the plucky underdog.

We'll never know for certain, but it's an interesting thought.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:09 (Ref:1099773)   #8
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Yeah it has KB. Well, at least it seems that way from my point of view.
I wish I could sponcer him! Just another thought - can you do that? Actually sponcer a driver?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:11 (Ref:1099776)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Do you have £500 000?

You'd get him a solid drive with that.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:14 (Ref:1099777)   #10
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Has Adam Carroll's budget this year really been that uncertain?

Afterall he's completed the season - and that wasn't on thin air.

I can't help feel there may have been a sympathy card played there in order to portray himself as the plucky underdog.

We'll never know for certain, but it's an interesting thought.
obviously if he was broke he wouldnt be able to race. but last year when he went from team to team before he actually did run out for real only for alan menu to save him and put him in a kms drive in which he proved to be faster than timo glock....that was very uncertain. 5 different teams carroll drove for last year! 2 different chassis, 2 different series, 2 different tyre companies!

hey maybe that proved good in that he got some experience! im i right in thinking he was the last driver to secure his deal to race this year? discounting all the comers and goers....

but really if carroll was broke he would be like will davison. so he obviously has found a budget (those srs logos are not for nothing) but that budget wont get him any run outs for f1 teams. last year he lived off his prize money. this year he seems to be surviving.

Last edited by flexible-flyer; 17 Sep 2004 at 22:15.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:14 (Ref:1099778)   #11
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Take me a few years to save up that kinda money! :cencored:
Umm, can I do it in like monthly paymets until I get 500 000 quid?

(nah they'd get bored of waiting for it)
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1099784)   #12
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma
I've met Adam. He is really nice- we just started a general conversation with him, and he seemed very nice to me!
good to know, emma! thanks for giving me some insider info!
Old 17 Sep 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1099838)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
gotta be nelson's - because i want to see british f3 champion on his cv
saying that, best of luck to adam carroll...
Old 18 Sep 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1099970)   #14
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was waiting for this thread

I've stuck my neck out and gone with Adam Carroll! But of course I'm going to be biased anyway!

I think the pressure will get to Piquet and he'll fluff it in the first race. With his Dad and his whole family (including his sis !) there expecting him to win and with his total arrogance I think he's going to chuck it at the scenery. You only have to look at the last two rounds where at Thruxton he spun off at Village unaided whilst he was trying to keep pace with Rossi and Carroll and then at Spa when he stalled on the grid!

Pressure doesn't seem to be a part of ACs Psychology. He needs to sort his qualifying out though and qualy at Brands is going to be both mega important and mega close. It going to be hundreths rather than tenths that will decided it so its whoever's got the best set up.

Nelson's got it all to lose, but if he does, I can't wait to see his face!
Old 18 Sep 2004, 08:49 (Ref:1099985)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a shame Adam isn't eam mates with Nelson then we may see a different situation.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 09:30 (Ref:1100014)   #16
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
No problem flexible-flyer!
And I got all shy *embarrassed* - I said congrats for the 3rd place at Zandvoort in the Masters, he said thanks so much!
I just hope I can see him again at Brands.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 09:37 (Ref:1100018)   #17
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
If Adam was team mates with Nelson then I'm sure Daddy Nelson wouldn't have allowed AC too challenge his son so strongly for the title so don't see the logic in that comment Luke!
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:06 (Ref:1100029)   #18
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
If Adam was team mates with Nelson then I'm sure Daddy Nelson wouldn't have allowed AC too challenge his son so strongly for the title so don't see the logic in that comment Luke!
Yeah. I think the same too
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:11 (Ref:1100034)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Statistically it has to be Nelsinho. You don't throw away a 26 point lead without being very careless or very unlucky. But then, as Gaz said, he did spin at Thruxton and he did stall at Spa. But he also admitted to both those mistakes, which is one of the things I like about him. When he says he should win, it's not being cocky or arrogant, it's telling the truth. We should enjoy that while it lasts. No doubt F1 will teach him other ways.

I like Adam very much and it would make a fantastic story if he were to win, but as gomick said it will look good for British F3 to have Nelsinho as the 2004 champion. Like it or not, you know the guy will make it to F1 and that's good PR in any language.

Let's hope it's a brilliant, clean battle with a fully deserving winner.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1100036)   #20
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy mole
Let's hope it's a brilliant, clean battle with a fully deserving winner.
At last someone says something worth reading!
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1100037)   #21
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I hope its a brilliant, clean, battle...but with the right man coming out on top!

He never says he "should win", he makes comments like "its still easy"...thats cocky n arrogant and I don't like it!
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1100041)   #22
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
piquet was talking before spa as if he was a cert to take the title that weekend and he was even dissmissing carroll as a title threat, focussing more on rossiter. now as much as i like piquet, thats just aliiiiitle bit cocky isnt it?!

whatever....i just hope to see a pair of good races and hopefully it wont be decided too soon.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:37 (Ref:1100046)   #23
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd put my money on Piquet, it's his title to lose really. However, i'd rather Adam Carroll won it for sure, especially when you take into account budget considerations. Adam has run virtually unsponsered at times, and i've always found him a really nice down to earth guy. Piquet is clearly going to move up to GP2 next year, whereas things look less certain for Carroll. I'd be interested to see how they performed with equal equipment and funding, I would say Adam is the better driver.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1100047)   #24
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either way, hopefully we should get some decent racing, and whoever winds does deserve the title really, I can't wait for Brands on the 3rd, its my first time there.

Last edited by mcurtis26; 18 Sep 2004 at 10:39.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1100063)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
He never says he "should win", he makes comments like "its still easy"...thats cocky n arrogant and I don't like it!
Okay, look at the stats another way. If Adam wins both races and sets both fastest laps, Nelsinho still needs just 17 points, which is something like a 4th and a 5th. So he SHOULD win and unless he lives in the world of false modesty that you seem to prefer, he's not going to say "It's going to be really tough, but I will do my best and just hope I manage to pull it off." By the way, how's your Brazilian? Remember the kid's just 18 and speaking in a foreign language.

PS Add to the brilliant, clean battle bit, the hope that they will both go out there and really race.