Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Oct 2003, 00:15 (Ref:741451)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ryan briscoe - european f3 champion...

congrats to ryan fantastic driving all season with 8 race wins from 18 races.....

interesting comparison - if there was a vacancy for a good seat in 2004, who would you choose

ryan briscoe : 2001 italian frenault champion, 2003 european f3 champion

jose m lopez : 2002 italian frenault champion, (presuming) 2003 renault v6 eurocup champion
Old 6 Oct 2003, 00:23 (Ref:741452)   #2
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Ryan on a fine effort this season.

Tough call to pick between those two. On ability they are pretty even although I think Ryan is a better racer (thinker).
Old 6 Oct 2003, 00:37 (Ref:741455)   #3
The Zuschauer
Racer

The Zuschauer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Ryan.

No disrespect to Lopez, but Renault V6 hasn't been the most competitive of fields this year. It has a small number of top class drivers at the front, but the Euroseries has well and truly trumped it for competitiveness and depth of field.

As champion of Euroseries (and done in fine form) its my firm belief that Ryan is Formula One material, and deserves to compete in 2004. What more can he do to prove himself?
Old 6 Oct 2003, 01:00 (Ref:741465)   #4
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great effort but where does he go from here he is a test driver for Toyota but they have confirmed there drivers for next year. With financial backing he may get into Minardi but with Minardi going backwards that may just be a waste of money. Jordan and Jaguar are 2 other possibilities. It would be great to see 2 Aussie's in Jaguar.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 02:28 (Ref:741483)   #5
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How good are us Aussies. We now have the 2003 Champions in what are arguably two of the three main F3 Championships in the world. Briscoe European Champion and James Courtney Japanese Champion. Next year watch for the two Wills, Power and Davison in the British series. And with F3 now going well in Australia what does the future hold. I would like to see a few International drivers have a serious look at the Aussie Series or the Australian Formula 4000 (Formula Holden) series. And we have a major F3 race at the 2004 Australian GP.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 09:37 (Ref:741676)   #6
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great to see some decent F3 races and a strong FOrmula Holden championship here, instead of silly billy car races that are on instead. AHHBorrrrrring! Aussie TV has a knack of showing the ****test motorsport there is. All the decent stuff is on at unearthly hours. RAnt over.

WEll done to Ryan, F1 soon. And hopefully Mr Power and Mr Davidson do well next year in Brit F3.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 07:56 (Ref:742681)   #7
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Ryan, hopefully it won't be long before we have three drivers in F1.
Old 7 Oct 2003, 12:44 (Ref:742956)   #8
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats Ryan!

Now there's a young man who's gone a long way from when I used to see him around various kart tracks.

As for where he goes next year, I've heard him talk about CART and Super Nissan (both really weird choices for a Toyota-contracted driver), as well as IRL (but only due to the Toyota connection). I think Ryan's best bet, and the one he is working feverishly on achieving is the role of main test driver for Toyota in 2004. This would most likely be conditional on Zonta moving to CART.

I still haven't heard from all of those who severely bagged Ryan last year during and after his F3000 stint. He hasn't done bad in Euro F3 (arguably the toughest junior formula in the world) for a bloke who couldn't cut it.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 05:15 (Ref:743644)   #9
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point Mac....there are plenty of Aussie baiters around here....Briscoe & Courtney seem to be the main targets for unjustified bagging....it wasn't Briscoes fault that Nordic lostb the plot last year...he always out raced Baumgartner...
Old 8 Oct 2003, 08:55 (Ref:743789)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and baumgartner raced in 2 f1 gp's this year - nordic was a pile of shyte!
Old 11 Oct 2003, 22:45 (Ref:747653)   #11
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

It's garbage overflown. At least check the results before making statements.Baumgartner outraced Briscoe quite badly.Also outqualified him if we don't count those two races (Interlagos and Imola) where Zsolt's gearbox has been broken during the instalation lap so he couldn't complete a single flying lap.The remaining 5 races that they started together saw Zsolt outqualifying Briscoe 3 to 2.And Zsolt was always way better during the races without a doubt.Actually Briscoe has spent more time on the grass than on the asphalt...

So is that what you call outracing? . It's ridiculous. You obviously havn't seen any of those races.In Interlagos for example Zsolt started from the last position because he hasn't got a timed lap
while Briscoe started from 11th positon,still Zsolt overtook Briscoe and was running for a top10 finish when the aussie guy pushed him off the track at the Senna S.In Imola Zsolt started again from the last position but finished 9th,Briscoe finished 13th....etc,etc.Briscoe in F3000 more or less made every misstake that one can do during a race.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 00:28 (Ref:747686)   #12
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, it was kinda scary how Briscoe couldnt deal with Baumgartner
Old 12 Oct 2003, 03:39 (Ref:747763)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
not really, italian formula renault to f3000 - must be a big jump - alonso11, you make out that zolts is a class act.... 1 point for the whole season (2002) in the reigning champion's car
Old 12 Oct 2003, 09:41 (Ref:748027)   #14
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You cannot judge about a driver after 1 season, take Jenson Button for example, was outpaced by Fisichella all season long, and look what he's doing now. But Briscoe in Sperafico's car and he will outpace Zsolt easily.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 14:51 (Ref:748381)   #15
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest

So what is your point gommick? overflow said that Briscoe 'always out raced Baumgartner' and I pointed out that it's a total garbage and actually Baumgartner made a joke out of Briscoe during the races.... And now you start to slag Baumgartner off? Very ipmressive...
You said yourself that 'nordic was a pile of shyte' and as you pointed out Baumgartner scored a point in it,so pardon what is your point suppose to be again?

Daisy,what are you talking about?? 'But Briscoe in Sperafico's car and he will outpace Zsolt easily.' (I guess you mean 'put' instead of 'but') You base your funny sentence on what? You base it on the
fact that Zsolt and Ryan have already been team-mates and Zsolt outpaced Ryan? That's why it is so obvious to you that Ryan would 'easily' outpace Zsolt.... Brilliant logic you have really Or perhaps you base it on the fact that Zsolt was younger and more successful in FRenault Eurocup than Ryan? Or on the fact that Zsolt and Ryan raced a couple of F3 races together in Germany in 2001 and again Zsolt got the upper hand? Or perhaps on the fact that when Ryan sat into an F1 car for the first time his was ludicrously off the pace (4-5 sec) while Zsolt's F1 debut was more or less OK?
It's pathetic.It's the 'congrats to Ryan' thread not the 'make the most pointless comment about Baumgartner' thread.

Anyway while Im here! First of all congrats to Ryan for the European F3 title! And secondly,Daisy! You have been circulating LIES about Baumgartner in this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=44178

So my advice is that next time you feel like talking about Zsolt go back to that thread to apologize.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 17:17 (Ref:748526)   #16
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
1) Yes, I meant put and not but.
2) I just put a rumour on the forum, it was just something I heard on TV. Maybe next team I should say "I heard on TV that ....", it are not my personal words. So I'm not a lier, you have to call our dutch tv-commentator and say that he is a lier. But next time I'll place rumours differntly.
3) Baumgartner more succesful in F Renault than Briscoe? Very funny! Briscoe jumped straight of the karts in Formula Renault, did well in the winterseries (3 poles, 1 win), won in his first season the strong Italian Formula Renault championship and finished 4th (yes I know Zsolt finished 3rd) in the European F Renault championship, but he missed a couple of rounds. So Zsolt more succesful in F Renault than Briscoe? No way?
4) Briscoe never raced in F3 in Germany in 2001, atleast, not so far I know. (If it's true, show me the results.) He only did so far I know the masters and after that one round in the French F3 championship, where he finished 2nd (in his second ever F3 race, not bad)
5) Briscoe was behind Zsolt yes, but I say it again. Don't write off drivers after they've done bad in F3000. Briscoe did bad yes, but Montagny did also, and look what he did this year: he totally dominated the Nissan World Series. Briscoe has also won a very strong championship. And what did Zsolt? 2nd in the German Formula Renault championship, that's good! But after that, he showed nothing. Scored only 6 points in a car, while his teammate Sperafico won 2 races. Now that's impressive!
6) About being of the pace in his first F1 test. Again, you don't know what they are testing. Montagny was also 4 seconds off the pace in his first F1 test with Renault, a lot of young drivers are. Zsolt did a good job for Jordan, but he hasn't showed anything spectaculair to me in those 2 races.

Final point. I have nothing personally against Zsolt, he lookes a very nice young guy to me, but I just think he isn't that talented to be a great F1 of Champcar star in the future. When he get's a good seat next year, well done to him, and I will congratulate him with that, I'm just not a fan of Baumgartner, while you're not a fan of Briscoe. It's that now, and it will always be. I'm happy we have different opions. Life would be sad if we all thought the same.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 19:24 (Ref:748637)   #17
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Hi Daisy! Nice post! But facts are black and white things you know
What did you say? "But (Put) Briscoe in Sperafico's car and he will outpace Zsolt easily." And is there ANY fact that you can base this opinion on? NO! Actually the facts would rather suggest that Zsolt would outpace Ryan (I skip 'easily') but wait I don't have to say 'would' because Zsolt already DID outpace Ryan,end of the story! Easily huh?

And what else did you say? "Don't write off drivers after they've done bad in F3000" Agreed! I've never writen Ryan off because of his F3000 performances,so please don't write Zsolt off because he was cr@p in F3000! And remember he was still better than Ryan at least

4.I'm so glad that I can supply you with details about Ryan's career,yes Daisy your favoritve driver did drive two races in German F3 in 2001 go to www.formel3guide.com

3.Don't always rely on speedsportmag's info! It's a fabulous site and 99% exact but sometimes it gets the info
wrong.
Zsolt wasn't 2nd in German FRenault in 1999 but he was the
CHAMPION despite skipping one of the 8 races!!! That's how good he was! (Just for your information Finnland's Kari Mäenpää finished 2nd with 122 points,Zsolt became champion with 124 points which is quite good if you not even take part in every races) Yes Daisy,Zsolt was more successful in FR2000cc Eurocup than Ryan and he was younger too.Good point that Zsolt was a bit more experienced: one season in German 1700cc and one in French Campus as opposed to Briscoe's one Italian 2000cc winter series) But perhaps to have F1-style fitness program and guidance from ToyotaF1 slightly compensated it.

And yes I agree (for a change) that it would be boring to agree with everything and everyone Bye!
Old 12 Oct 2003, 21:09 (Ref:748744)   #18
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Thanx for the info, didn't knew that!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 09:22 (Ref:749212)   #19
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally posted by alonso11
And now you start to slag Baumgartner off? Very ipmressive...
i said zsolt's got 1 point in the reigning champion's car - that isnt a slag - ...... however it was 1 point more than briscoe - chill out mun
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:44 (Ref:749374)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally posted by alonso11
Zsolt wasn't 2nd in German FRenault in 1999 but he was the
CHAMPION despite skipping one of the 8 races!!!
alonso11 - do you have a list of all german formula renault champions, i need them for a website i am making....

cheers
Old 15 Oct 2003, 03:44 (Ref:751647)   #21
AussieGuns
Rookie

AussieGuns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alonso11......you are a clown!

Lets just wait and see what happens down the track shall we....with Ryan as a full time Toyota F1 driver and Zsolt as a full time Cab Driver in the centre of Budapest!!

Nice day for fishing....
Old 15 Oct 2003, 16:27 (Ref:752402)   #22
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but it still doesnt explain why someone so good (Briscoe) was pretty mediocre against some fairly mediocre
Old 16 Oct 2003, 18:14 (Ref:753518)   #23
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Hi gomick! Sorry I've been busy studing so didn't have time to answer.From local autosport magazines,I only know details about two seasons,the seasons where Zsolt was involved in: '97 and '99.

-2000cc:
1.Robert Lechner
2.Thomas Mutsch
3.Michael Schröter
-1700cc:
1.Sven Heidfeld
2.Zsolt Baumgartner
3.Tony Schmidt

-2000cc:
1.Zsolt Baumgartner
2.Kari Mäenpää
3.Marc Lieb

I also know that the reigning champion is Ryan Sharp,previous to that it was Christian Klien.That's all,sorry.

------------------------------------

aussiegun! Your post is definetely very lame so it's entertaining in a way (the way you'r embarrassing yourself) But one of the main philosophies of this forum is to "attack the post and not the poster" so if all you can do is attacking the person (and not the argument) mixed with a bit of dumb,pointless and pitiable barking then you should either shut up or look for a rugby forum that fits with your standarts.As far as I'm concerned you suppose to have some argument here.But I promise it was the last time that I didn't ignore a post like yours,I definitely don't have time for this.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 05:38 (Ref:754017)   #24
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso....*IF* your boy was so much better than Briscoe , why then wasn't he picked up by Toyota 000000..seems logical , doesn't it..????
Old 17 Oct 2003, 23:35 (Ref:754834)   #25
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
thanks alonso11....