Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 13 May 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1912380)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HD TV comes to F1 this year, but will we be able to get it?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58776

According to Autosport the FOM coverage is being ugraded to allow HD footage later this year.

Bernie has reservations because not many people have the correct sets yet.
True, and will any channel actually use the footage? AFAIK ITV have no capability (or desire) to broadcast a HD version. So is this still a few years off?
Old 13 May 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1912413)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An older report on this: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=27731
From USGP?

Here is ITV's current position on HDTV: http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=5645

Last edited by Adam43; 13 May 2007 at 16:31.
Old 13 May 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1912429)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
This is excellent news Adam! Perhaps when I return to Canada tsn will pick up the HD feed
Old 13 May 2007, 17:11 (Ref:1912450)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I'm currently assessing what I am going to do.
HDTV is just beginning over here. I was in no rush until the new Rugby season, but this may being forward my purchases.

Of course I worry about ITV's enthusiasm for such a thing. What is to gain for them, other than to increase my viewing pleasure.
Old 13 May 2007, 17:21 (Ref:1912456)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't have a HD telly, and see no real need for it for a great deal of time yet.

However, I think everyone benefits as even folk like me with an SD get a better picture. I've noticed this with Sky Sports' football coverage and the NASCAR coverage, both of which are in full HD now.

Obviously it isn't anywhere near as big a jump as for HD man, but it's still beneficial.
Old 14 May 2007, 08:06 (Ref:1912901)   #6
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats interesting info Knowlesy.My TV is12 years old and can't last much longer.I am planning to replace it with a wide screen HD ready model.Whether its worth paying SKY for extra box and subscription to actually receive the HD signal remains to be seen.
Old 14 May 2007, 09:40 (Ref:1912977)   #7
georgeboi999
Racer

Ghana
Barnsley, UK
georgeboi999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is going to the best thing for F1. Top quailty picture FTW
Old 14 May 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1913029)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
HD has been in full swing for many years over in North America. I've been watching HDTV for the past few years, and I don't even have the standard definition channels programmed into my remote control anymore. Its miles better than standard definition, trust me. My only complaint has been football (soccer) and F1 - but we got the world cup in HD (incredible picture), and maybe now we get F1? Fantastic!
Old 14 May 2007, 10:59 (Ref:1913035)   #9
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, i remember watching the Gadget show, and they were showing the difference between SD and HD, and even on a normal tv, you could see the difference. So even though we won't notice as much as if we have an HD tv, but we should notice a better picture quality overall.
Old 14 May 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1913046)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hopefully,gaining HD and losing TC will be good for everyone.
Old 16 May 2007, 13:07 (Ref:1914664)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had Sky HD for a year now and there is a massive difference in quality.

SD football coverage looks like a web broadcast after watching HD.

It will be interesting to see what motorsport will look like, I've only seen a little coverage of Sebring in HD, that was part of a Discovery HD program following Corvette.

As for ITV, they did broadcast the World Cup games in HD, along with BBC HD, but for some reason ITV did an exclusive deal with cable rather than Sky.
Old 18 May 2007, 16:35 (Ref:1916147)   #12
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just bought a 32 inch HD TV with a HDMI DVD player which allows me to watch standard DVD's in HD...

Watching my Aussie and BTCC dvd's is so much better!