Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3048243)   #76
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe we can start a petition for Nokia to start sponsoring Williams so Bottas can race
Old 25 Mar 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3048363)   #77
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Held back? They're back!
Old 25 Mar 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3048406)   #78
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I'm so glad they're back.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3048445)   #79
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Held back? They're back!
Held back by drivers? Not sure they doing car justice. Shame they didn't take a punt on Kimi.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 07:11 (Ref:3048483)   #80
flipper
Rookie

flipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things are looking up - Adam Parr is leaving very soon .....
Old 26 Mar 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3048506)   #81
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Is that good?

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3048529)   #82
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They've definitely been carrying out some dramatic changes behind the scenes, and now with Adam Parr gone, they've sent out some pretty strong messages.

People can bemoan the fact Bruno and Pastor are in the car, but a) they're fast enough to show that the car is capable, and b) have had the money to help fund a car as competent as this. Honestly I didn't see such a strong start to the season from their pre-season testing, but on two different types of circuits they've been quicker than the Mercedes on race-pace and that's impressive!
Old 26 Mar 2012, 09:05 (Ref:3048540)   #83
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think anyone expected this from Williams this season, tbh!

Pleasant surprise, though.

Well, not if you're Mercedes

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3048560)   #84
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Adam Parr is to be replaced by Nick Rose ex CEO of Diageo.
Has he any motorsport interests?
He would have a good business background but F1 is slightly different to a large corporation.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98402

Last edited by wolfhound; 26 Mar 2012 at 10:09.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3048566)   #85
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've expressed doubts about the Cosworth engine on another thread.

Williams seem to be proving my argument. Replacing the Cosworth has worked wonders for the team.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3048570)   #86
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Nothing to do with the fact it's a redesigned car...?

I'm not convinced on this Cosworth argument. You got a Renault lump in both the Red Bull and the Lotus last year and it made little difference to Lotus' plight.

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3048572)   #87
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
Things are looking up - Adam Parr is leaving very soon .....
Really? Excellent.

He is worse than Hitler. Like he did a degree on Formula 1 and got fast-tracked into a management role.

Ghastly rent-a-quote.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3048617)   #88
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Adam Parr is to be replaced by Nick Rose ex CEO of Diageo.
Has he any motorsport interests?
He would have a good business background but F1 is slightly different to a large corporation.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98402
diageo had a strong presence with mclaren and at the monaco gp for quite a few years recently - was he responsible for encouraging that? that was a really nicely done subtle bit of marketing.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3048623)   #89
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman View Post
Pastor Maldonado is the right driver for Williams, no one has better value for money in F1 currently.
Haven't seen the race yet. Did he suffer damage? Just asking only Senna seemed to do quite well.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3048633)   #90
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby
They really should have pulled the pin on the tech dept along time ago.

Good to see them on the right track at last.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3048654)   #91
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Sir Williams hiring Bruno was a stroke of genius. Bruno is a very capable and quick driver. I rate Bruno very highly, even if we ignore the Senna name. Also, look what Uncle Ayrton had to say about his nephew, Ayrton rated Bruno very, very highly too.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3048662)   #92
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I'm not convinced on this Cosworth argument. You got a Renault lump in both the Red Bull and the Lotus last year and it made little difference to Lotus' plight.

Selby
A redesigned car plus a better engine can make the world of difference.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3048712)   #93
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The Renault engine makes little difference to the performance of the car, the V8 engines have very little difference between them, maybe a tenth of a second or two. The biggest differences come from aerodynamics, and this is precisely why an HRT or a Marussia car is 5 or 6 seconds off the pace. Aero is King.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3048725)   #94
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Haven't seen the race yet. Did he suffer damage? Just asking only Senna seemed to do quite well.
He was 10th until his engine blew up with 2 laps to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Also, look what Uncle Ayrton had to say about his nephew, Ayrton rated Bruno very, very highly too.
Does it mean that much anyway? Bruno was what, 12, when Ayrton died? And let's keep in mind that it's hard to rate accurately a family member, without letting your heart bias your judgement.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3048749)   #95
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
The Renault engine makes little difference to the performance of the car, the V8 engines have very little difference between them, maybe a tenth of a second or two. The biggest differences come from aerodynamics, and this is precisely why an HRT or a Marussia car is 5 or 6 seconds off the pace. Aero is King.
This is my point. I fail to see how a change of engine in this day and age of equality in F1 would make such a huge difference.

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3048784)   #96
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
This is my point. I fail to see how a change of engine in this day and age of equality in F1 would make such a huge difference.

Selby
Cosworth have already done the maths to show that their engine could have won many of the races that the Red Bull cars have recently won. It's not that difficult to work out with the right software.

http://www.supersport.com/motorsport...aces_Gallagher
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3048797)   #97
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The big news about Williams today is that Adam Parr is leaving.

It's a surprise, but not necessarily a bad thing. I never felt that he fitted the Williams ethos. He isn't a racer and apparently was not too popular in FOM/FOTA circles.

It was notable that he didn't feature in any of the post-race interviews I saw yesterday and this must be the reason.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3048801)   #98
TWRv12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
The big news about Williams today is that Adam Parr is leaving.

It's a surprise, but not necessarily a bad thing. I never felt that he fitted the Williams ethos. He isn't a racer and apparently was not too popular in FOM/FOTA circles.

It was notable that he didn't feature in any of the post-race interviews I saw yesterday and this must be the reason.
The bigger news would why he left?
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3048802)   #99
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
It is all a bit strange, isn't it?

Something sounds like it's happened fairly recently.

Selby
Old 26 Mar 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3048970)   #100
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mike Coughlan's appointment seems to have been a good move.In addition Pastor Maldonado has shown that he offers more than just a link to a juicy cheque.