Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Sep 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3457738)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Aero For All in 2015..

..presuming they want to rehomologate..

Story Here

Perhaps Ford can get their aero package right this time
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Sep 2014, 06:06 (Ref:3457742)   #2
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Perhaps Ford can get their aero package right this time
Are Ford interested in bothering?
Old 26 Sep 2014, 06:17 (Ref:3457744)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Are Ford interested in bothering?
The article says a team is nominated for each marque to do the homologating... presumably that means FPR/prodrive will be the team that leads the process for Ford.. into the FG X program hopefully..

Or not..

Maybe Penske can/should do it for them
Old 26 Sep 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3457810)   #4
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The article says a team is nominated for each marque to do the homologating... presumably that means FPR/prodrive will be the team that leads the process for Ford.. into the FG X program hopefully..

Or not..

Maybe Penske can/should do it for them
Is Ford required to fund any of it though, or fund the production of new aerokits? Or does that fall on the team that conducts the testing for that marque?
Old 26 Sep 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3457816)   #5
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its interesting that they said the new testing validated last year's data, so hopefully they learned what it was that was anomalous with the Ford's rear aero...
Old 26 Sep 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3457973)   #6
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently the Fords had an unfair advantage and the wing had to be clipped...
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:10 (Ref:3457991)   #7
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
That'd be right, and who was the beneficiary of that?
Old 27 Sep 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3458006)   #8
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Not Erebus...
Old 27 Sep 2014, 05:19 (Ref:3458014)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The series - gives all a better chance of winning, which the Ford factory team was doing before they lost their way.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 05:50 (Ref:3458018)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FPR were doing just fine at the start of the year, post wing clip.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 07:39 (Ref:3458026)   #11
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The series - gives all a better chance of winning, which the Ford factory team was doing before they lost their way.
Same old pathetic rhetoric from you.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3458031)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Same old pathetic rhetoric from you.
Not really, just the honest truth.

Mind you, I was having a bit of fun at your expense.

Seriously though, trying to blame the poor performance of any team (regardless of the car make they campaign) on the rules when that same team was winning this year and leading the championship I'm sorry to say is illogical.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3458034)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Seriously though, trying to blame the poor performance of any team (regardless of the car make they campaign) on the rules when that same team was winning this year and leading the championship I'm sorry to say is illogical.
There are other performance related components that are apparently in 5 cars in the series (and 4 from one brand & team) that are said to be not maximised to their full potential by the teams running them, which is said to be influencing the run of poor form far more than any aero imperfection..
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:26 (Ref:3458039)   #14
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
There are other performance related components that are apparently in 5 cars in the series (and 4 from one brand & team) that are said to be not maximised to their full potential by the teams running them, which is said to be influencing the run of poor form far more than any aero imperfection..
Sounds about right GTR, if it was simply engineering themselves backwards with setup alone they could go back to the setup they ran earlier in the year and start from a good baseline again.

Hopefully they get themselves & those components sorted pronto and there's a genuine multi-team, multi-brand competition for the title through to the end of the season.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3458041)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Sounds about right GTR, if it was simply engineering themselves backwards with setup alone they could go back to the setup they ran earlier in the year and start from a good baseline again.

Hopefully they get themselves & those components sorted pronto and there's a genuine multi-team, multi-brand competition for the title through to the end of the season.
Do they still have an arrangement for the supply of those components with the local dealer? Or did that kinda stop when they chose a different brand?
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3458044)   #16
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Do they still have an arrangement for the supply of those components with the local dealer? Or did that kinda stop when they chose a different brand?
No idea but you'd reckon with Bathurst and the end of the season looming, they'd be leaving no stone unturned.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3458047)   #17
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

I didn't mention any teams poor performance, I asked who were the beneficiaries.

Which team are you affiliated with, or what position within supercars do you hold?
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3458049)   #18
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
I didn't mention any teams poor performance, I asked who were the beneficiaries.

Which team are you affiliated with, or what position within supercars do you hold?
You commented on a post re the Fords' wings being clipped - that only applies to a couple of teams.

I stand by my original point, if the aero is equalised, it benefits the series.

Not going to respond to your second para - none of your business.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3458050)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
This is ****ing rubbish. The FG had more rear aero than the VF, which had less than the VE.

So the FG was clipped to match the VF and the others had to hit that mark.

There's no conspiracy here...
Old 27 Sep 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3458052)   #20
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You commented on a post re the Fords' wings being clipped - that only applies to a couple of teams.

I stand by my original point, if the aero is equalised, it benefits the series.

Not going to respond to your second para - none of your business.
Well, refusal to answer the question is an admission of guilt, that you are biased due to affiliation with a team or the series.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3458068)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or he's not buying into an argument.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3458071)   #22
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Well, refusal to answer the question is an admission of guilt, that you are biased due to affiliation with a team or the series.
You would have done well working for Stalin with that attitude, or maybe in Salem, or in Spain during the inquisition.

Like most on here, I enjoy my anonymity and will continue to do so. End of story in regard to your question without merit.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3458075)   #23
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You would have done well working for Stalin with that attitude, or maybe in Salem, or in Spain during the inquisition.

Like most on here, I enjoy my anonymity and will continue to do so. End of story in regard to your question without merit.
It's just been established that you are affiliated in some way to a team (and that is not a Ford team) or the series and therefore your comments are biased and should be disregarded.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3458076)   #24
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
It's just been established that you are affiliated in some way to a team (and that is not a Ford team) or the series and therefore your comments are biased and should be disregarded.
Nah, hasn't been established at all - I'm having a really good laugh now at how anyone could draw such a ridiculous conclusion.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3458077)   #25
Umai Naa
Veteran

I can think of far worse examples of bias on here than what you're suggesting.

Perhaps you could go lynch those who refuse to write the word 'Ford', and the like?