Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 12 Nov 2001, 16:10 (Ref:173639)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hyundai drivers for 2002

This just in from Rally-Live.com

The Hyundai Castrol World Rally Team has announced their driver line-up for 2002 and it will include Belgium's Freddy Loix, co-driven by Sven Smeets, and Juha Kankkunen with co-driver Juha Repo. The team are confident that both drivers will be an asset, each contributing to a different dimension of the team.

As one of the younger manufacturer drivers, Loix will be contesting all fourteen rounds of the FIA World Rally Championship and is looking forward to the challenge of continuing with the encouraging development of the Accent WRC². “I'm very happy to be joining a team that is still so young and is eager to see success, which I am sure is not so far away,” commented the 32-year-old Belgian. “It gives me a good feeling to have a new challenge; I am looking forward to a lot development work and while the car has proved it is reliable, I expect to be able to help improve its speed.”

Finnish veteran of the sport and four-time World Champion Kankkunen, who made his debut with co-driver Repo in the Hyundai on his home event this year, is also looking forward to getting back behind the wheel of an Accent WRC² for the nine gravel events of the 2002 season. “I'm very much looking forward to joining the team. It was great to get a taste of being back in the World Rally Championship for Finland, and now I'm pleased to be returning to a level that I want to be on a more permanent basis. Now I hope I can play an important role in strengthening the team in whatever way possible,” said Kankkunen.

David Whitehead, Hyundai Castrol World Rally Team Principal, is optimistic about the coming season. He said: “We are delighted to confirm Juha & Freddy for the Hyundai Castrol World Rally Team for 2002. The combination of experience that Juha provides, with the fresh talent of Freddy will no doubt help move Hyundai towards the front of the WRC field.”
Old 12 Nov 2001, 17:04 (Ref:173658)   #2
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is GREAT News - Hyundai now have a very strong driver line-up for 2002, and could be a force to be reckoned with. I am sure they will improve over this year, and should be ahead of Skoda.
Old 13 Nov 2001, 03:18 (Ref:173889)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is freddy loix better than allister mcrae - time will tell
Old 13 Nov 2001, 03:20 (Ref:173890)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
go juha , 9 events in 2002 - looking forward to these rounds.....do hyundai have another driver for the rounds that juha doesnt race
Old 13 Nov 2001, 07:31 (Ref:173915)   #5
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they are considering Piero Liatti and Jesus Puras.
Old 19 Nov 2001, 20:26 (Ref:176544)   #6
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Neither of them

Armin Schwarz signed a 2 years contract with Hyundai today.

Wonder who will go to Skoda now

-Bruno Thiry all rallies ?
-Gabriel Pozzo full season or just some rallies ?
-Roman Kresta 3 or 4 rallies ?
-Didier Auriol? (doubt that he wants to run way back)