Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4183915)   #51
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I've just read Joe Saward's 'Green Notebook' blog and he seems to believe that The Fernando to Red Bull suggestion could be true. He also explains why he could see a swap with Perez going to Aston Martin would also work as without Alonso, the team would need a suitable Team Leader (and let's be honest, Lance would not fit into that position).
I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but JS has his finger on the pulse, is very experienced and well connected, he is not wrong very often...
Old 1 Nov 2023, 08:38 (Ref:4183917)   #52
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I've just read Joe Saward's 'Green Notebook' blog and he seems to believe that The Fernando to Red Bull suggestion could be true. He also explains why he could see a swap with Perez going to Aston Martin would also work as without Alonso, the team would need a suitable Team Leader (and let's be honest, Lance would not fit into that position).
I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but JS has his finger on the pulse, is very experienced and well connected, he is not wrong very often...
Let's see. It's been rumbling around for a while, alongside the Norris stories. On one hand it makes total sense, but less so on the other hand!
Old 1 Nov 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4183960)   #53
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...ours/10541230/

They try to pour cold water on the Alonso to RBR theory, but it feel as much like speculation as anything said here.

Richard
Old 1 Nov 2023, 21:05 (Ref:4183988)   #54
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...ours/10541230/

They try to pour cold water on the Alonso to RBR theory, but it feel as much like speculation as anything said here.

Richard
That is co-written by Jonathan Noble who is IMO an unofficial part of the AMGF1 PR team. I don't put much stock in his pieces.
Old 2 Nov 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4184058)   #55
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Albert Fabrega followed up with a new tweet...

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...43650047955262

Quote:
By the way, for the many of you who have asked me about the rumor, I can only tell you that it had nothing to do with driver exchanges between teams, or withdrawals.
So I take that as him saying it's not about Alonso retiring or moving (or swapping) with RBR. So who knows what this is about. Maybe not even anything consequential. I think he actually didn't intend to create a firestorm as he doesn't seem to post like that and it just got out of hand in a slow news cycle.

Richard
Old 2 Nov 2023, 22:00 (Ref:4184098)   #56
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Albert Fabrega followed up with a new tweet...

So I take that as him saying it's not about Alonso retiring or moving (or swapping) with RBR. So who knows what this is about.
Maybe he just lost his head there at one stage (Dr Marko would probably attribute that to his Latin background LOL) but I'm still of the view that he was a massive flog for doing so - I don't Twit but I imagine that he could have taken the original & follow-up posts down, but chose not to do that.

In the meantime, Alonso is very unamused, talking of "consequences" and I somehow doubt that that Señor Fabrega is likely to get any civility from Señor Alonso anytime soon - assuming that they've ever spoken.
Old 2 Nov 2023, 22:04 (Ref:4184099)   #57
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
In the meantime, Mr Ricciardo hoses down Perez replacement rumours.

Clearly both Dan and Sergio are getting on with their respective gigs - 2024 is still a few races away.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 01:41 (Ref:4184120)   #58
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I think if lewis knocks Checo out of 2nd place, then perez will not be in that car next year.

As to Nando in rber. Would he play nicely as Max's #2 (so to speak)? As attractive as a redbull drive would be im not sure he would easily accept and obey 2nd driver role. Whereas DR or Liam would be more likely to. Also Nando might cost $$$, whereas Danny LL and yuki are paid for already.

I wouldnt be surprised if Yuki is gone before the end of 24, as Honda starts to lose influence.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 02:45 (Ref:4184126)   #59
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
As to Nando in rber. Would he play nicely as Max's #2 (so to speak)? As attractive as a redbull drive would be im not sure he would easily accept and obey 2nd driver role.
Probably why it's likely that Lando has already said, no to RBR. Why be #2 in a top team when you are #1 in a top team. McLaren is not yet on par with Red Bull, but they are about to knock on the door.

I recently listened to the F1 Beyond the Grid Podcast with Andrea Stella from McLaren, and he came across very impressive to me.

Richard
Old 3 Nov 2023, 04:16 (Ref:4184130)   #60
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sergio comes out this weekend, runs a podium and the hushes all the media and critics until the next race. The rumour mill is insanely stupid.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 05:40 (Ref:4184133)   #61
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Sergio comes out this weekend, runs a podium and the hushes all the media and critics until the next race. The rumour mill is insanely stupid.
Maybe, but the driver of the 2nd redbull should be podiuming almost every weekend. That car has proven to be so much faster than the rest, that a podium should be regular 2nd or 3rd.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 12:26 (Ref:4184162)   #62
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Maybe, but the driver of the 2nd redbull should be podiuming almost every weekend. That car has proven to be so much faster than the rest, that a podium should be regular 2nd or 3rd.
Absolutely, Dont disagree

But he will place and then the hounds will give him a rest.
Lets face it DR has only had 1 good round and IM a massive fan.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4184167)   #63
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
The rumour mill is insanely stupid.
Sure it is. Driving in F1 is a very public position. So you can't avoid it. It comes with the job. But if there is blood in the water, the sharks will come.

Quote:
But he will place and then the hounds will give him a rest.
I hope he does well. But why do you think that if he does well in one race they will cool off? Especially given the comments about the insanity (lack of logic) of the rumor mill?

The narrative will be... What changed? Why is he so inconsistent? Does this change the plans to replace him? Maybe he knows he is being replaced so he no longer has pressure on him? Etc.

The only way for the talk to go away is for him to put in a serious string of good performance and there is not enough races in the season for him to do that. The talk about his performance will continue (fair or not).

Richard
Old 3 Nov 2023, 15:39 (Ref:4184188)   #64
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
im curious to see how (un)willing Max is to help Perez stay ahead of Ham on the table? last year he could not care less. was even insulted that he was even asked to iirc.

this is the narrative i am interested in!

*a quick disclaimer tho, i dont think this makes Max a bad person or poor team mate. his uncompromising approach is refreshing in a way imo.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4184189)   #65
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
im curious to see how (un)willing Max is to help Perez stay ahead of Ham on the table? last year he could not care less. was even insulted that he was even asked to iirc.

this is the narrative i am interested in!

*a quick disclaimer tho, i dont think this makes Max a bad person or poor team mate. his uncompromising approach is refreshing in a way imo.

Sorry, chilli, it just means that Verstappen is not a team player; he only thinks about himself.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 16:05 (Ref:4184191)   #66
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Sorry, chilli, it just means that Verstappen is not a team player; he only thinks about himself.
sometimes leaders have to lead from the front and that can actually be the best thing for a team.

im not saying this is true for all situations all the time, but in this particular case, during one of the most dominate seasons of all time, a (max)imum delivery on all the hard work put in by this team if you will...well the results do sort of speak for themselves.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 17:54 (Ref:4184207)   #67
Richard C
Veteran

I tend to think that until Lewis is much closer in points to Perez that Max will not sacrifice his race to help Perez remain in 2nd. That doesn't preclude him from helping in other ways (whatever those might be) that does not impact himself.

Speaking of Max helping. I saw somewhere (here, maybe Reddit) that someone was suggesting (probably jokingly) about Max driving the AT for the last few races to help ensure they don't drop in the WCC! I think they even suggested putting Max and Perez in the AT and Daniel and Yuki in the RB!!! Problem is, that doesn't solve the problem of a 1-2 in the WDC for RBR. Not that anyone would seriously consider doing that crazy of a driver swap. I can imagine that it would create an uproar from teams in a points battle with AT like Williams and Alfa Romeo.

Richard
Old 4 Nov 2023, 01:39 (Ref:4184258)   #68
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Sure it is. Driving in F1 is a very public position. So you can't avoid it. It comes with the job. But if there is blood in the water, the sharks will come.

I hope he does well. But why do you think that if he does well in one race they will cool off? Especially given the comments about the insanity (lack of logic) of the rumor mill?

The narrative will be... What changed? Why is he so inconsistent? Does this change the plans to replace him? Maybe he knows he is being replaced so he no longer has pressure on him? Etc.

The only way for the talk to go away is for him to put in a serious string of good performance and there is not enough races in the season for him to do that. The talk about his performance will continue (fair or not).

Richard
Well DR had a couple of bad races and they were replacing him with Lawson as DR had lost his mojo as alot of supporters suggested. Now he has quali and placed 7 and he is The Man again. Much like Perez, he will do well this week and the hounds will be off his back.

The revolving wheel
Old 4 Nov 2023, 01:41 (Ref:4184259)   #69
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Speaking of Max helping. I saw somewhere (here, maybe Reddit) that someone was suggesting (probably jokingly) about Max driving the AT for the last few races to help ensure they don't drop in the WCC! I think they even suggested putting Max and Perez in the AT and Daniel and Yuki in the RB!!! Problem is, that doesn't solve the problem of a 1-2 in the WDC for RBR. Not that anyone would seriously consider doing that crazy of a driver swap. I can imagine that it would create an uproar from teams in a points battle with AT like Williams and Alfa Romeo.

Richard

SURELY Not !
Old 5 Nov 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4184515)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I tend to think that until Lewis is much closer in points to Perez that Max will not sacrifice his race to help Perez remain in 2nd. That doesn't preclude him from helping in other ways (whatever those might be) that does not impact himself.

Richard
Not sure it would drastically alter the risk paradigm for 2nd in the WDC

The only way the narrative about the second RBR seat is for being first or second to the lead pilot in that car in every practice, qualifying, sprint, race..

Otherwise the haters are gunna hate
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Nov 2023, 12:37 (Ref:4184542)   #71
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
And the rumour re Max to AT for end of season races, surely thats idiocy and more bad press
Old 5 Nov 2023, 21:00 (Ref:4184633)   #72
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think if lewis knocks Checo out of 2nd place, then perez will not be in that car next year.

As to Nando in rber. Would he play nicely as Max's #2 (so to speak)? As attractive as a redbull drive would be im not sure he would easily accept and obey 2nd driver role. Whereas DR or Liam would be more likely to. Also Nando might cost $$$, whereas Danny LL and yuki are paid for already.

I wouldnt be surprised if Yuki is gone before the end of 24, as Honda starts to lose influence.
Nah. Third in the sprint then a fantastic battle between him and Fernando over third that Fred finally won over the line....
Hamilton was eighth.
Two races to go... we'll see after that...
Old 10 Nov 2023, 00:29 (Ref:4185296)   #73
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Max to AT for a couple of races, why would he want to swap the best car on the track for one of the worst?
There is no way max would agree, not even for sacks full of cash (I dont think he is scraping in his Chery's glovebox for the price of a big mac/x, I think he now uses 500Euro notes to stuff his pillows etc)

He would be on a hiding for nothing. If he did well in the car, well thats just max. If he did poorly (a very different car to drive than RB) it would be embarrassing.

Maybe he could sit in the simulator and give feedback (is that allowed?) but its too late in year to start making new parts.

And Checo has to see the year out in rb to ensure 2nd for the team.
Old 14 Nov 2023, 20:40 (Ref:4185902)   #74
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be another season where Red Bull is going to dominate but I am expecting some more competition from McLaren and Mercedes in 2024 than they've been able to put on in 2023.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4185994)   #75
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
It will be another season where Red Bull is going to dominate but I am expecting some more competition from McLaren and Mercedes in 2024 than they've been able to put on in 2023.
Interesting that you've not mentioned Ferrari - no confidence in their ability to challenge more consistently? They are the only ones to have beaten Red Bull in a Grand Prix this season so could they be a realistic challenger?