Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Sep 2003, 20:35 (Ref:711153)   #1
Bobie
Racer

Bobie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis Hamilton

Hamilton has one the Formula Renault Championship but where will he go from here. Brit Formula 3 maybe as he was testing with Manor or will he stay put? Anyone have any ideas, seems there are a few Formula Renualt drivers looking at British F3 drives, what is Lloyd going to do has he got a drive for next year?
Old 7 Sep 2003, 21:33 (Ref:711203)   #2
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It probably depends on how long Lloyds backers and sponsors are prepared to shell out as i think he has done a few seasons now. As for Lewis,luckily his roads all mapped out all the way to F1 i reckon he will be in a F3 car for the last round of the championship this year. Next year Merc engine in F3 with Manor.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 08:47 (Ref:711559)   #3
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Lloyd plans to do British F3 - see www.teamisleofman.com for info. Mr Jinxx?

Lewis Hamilton, I imagine will compete in British F3 with a Mercedes engine, but perhaps a McLaren team not Manor?

One thing for sure, British F3 next year could be great! Will Neslon Jnr compete in British F3 next year? I hope so
I saw yesterday how much attention Nelson Jnr gets - there was a human traffic jam in the paddock yesterday caused by Nelson Jnr posing for a photo! Can only be good for british F3?
Old 8 Sep 2003, 09:14 (Ref:711584)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't Nico Roseberg doing Brit F3 next year due to him attending college in London?
Old 8 Sep 2003, 18:13 (Ref:712167)   #5
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now thats food for though! Rosberg, Piquet, Hamilton in British F3
Old 8 Sep 2003, 18:32 (Ref:712187)   #6
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with Lewis backing from Mclaren.. Piquet from Williams

OMG Fireworks.. Both with seemingly endless budgets.

Rosberg.. Mmm not sure bout him. Which team will he run with??

Piquet.. Will Piquetsports continue to run?

Hamilton.. If Manor do get the Merc engines, there are bound to be teathing probs. However He will be the underdog with the other two having atleast a yr in F3.

Will be interesting and will make a championship to remember for a long time!!
Old 8 Sep 2003, 18:59 (Ref:712209)   #7
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This'll be the eighth thread called just "Lewis Hamilton" then.

And to think that "Michael Schumacher" only has one...
Old 8 Sep 2003, 19:17 (Ref:712231)   #8
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosbergs father runs in Euro F3 and DTM, Euro F3 and DTM mostly run together, so I think Rosberg will stay there.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 22:05 (Ref:712416)   #9
Bobie
Racer

Well on the subject of Michael Schumacher, he is a real racer who can be put in a bad car and he will still be up there, where as Lewis is not in the same mould. Michael will win the F1 championship but with a very close battle with Montoya (very close)
Old 8 Sep 2003, 22:07 (Ref:712418)   #10
Bobie
Racer

Mr Jinxx what is Alex Lloyd going to do? Is he going to go to F3 like Nina says above.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 23:10 (Ref:712480)   #11
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the current thinking Bobie. British F3 is favourite, although there are several people looking at the European stage, I believe. Where there are established front-running Mercedes-engined teams, incidentally.

Lewis Hamilton will not go into a team which is not perceived to be the best in the field. I agree with Bobie. He can drive but because he has always had the best of everything, would he be able to drive second-best stuff?
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 8 Sep 2003, 23:28 (Ref:712500)   #12
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he showed at Croft that he can drive with less than perfect machinery. There he had a major problem with the car (left rear damper meaning the car couldn't do right handers, not exactly ideal round a clockwise circuit). He managed to keep Spencer behind by changing his driving style to adapt to the problem.

Personally, I saw something about him that I thought was special at his second meeting in Formula Renault - the Donington Winter Series in 2001. He just seemed able to stay close to other cars better than the other drivers. I think he's definitely got something special.