Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Apr 2001, 12:57 (Ref:81116)   #1
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have been thinking all year that this year could be a different SHUEY this year . I would just be if the car was up to it .(IT IS!!!!!) the answer to that is yes !
So would RALF beat his team mate
(well I didn't think at would be a issue) at this stage yes RALF has beating his team mate.
So the big question is this RALF'S year or is it another year away.
Will RALF win again this year ? (that's money in the bank!!)
WHAT DO U THINK?
Old 16 Apr 2001, 13:00 (Ref:81118)   #2
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf might win again this year (Monza or something). Chapionship?? Erm. no.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 13:05 (Ref:81122)   #3
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don´t know, it´s a tough question. It all depends on how the Williams reacts with the traction control, if the package cotinues being reliable I think he will be fighting at the top spots.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 13:18 (Ref:81132)   #4
RALFANATOR
Racer

hey TRISTIN I hear a bit of doubt in the last part of that answer
Old 16 Apr 2001, 14:16 (Ref:81154)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
2001 Champion - M. Schumacher

2nd - D.Coultard
3rd - Ralf
4th - Mika
5th - Rubino
6th - Montoya

Ralf may even steal 2nd as Mika comes up and takes points off Coultard.

Montoya will recover from early bad luck and give Rubins a fright in his last year at Ferrari.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 15:05 (Ref:81170)   #6
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with kuchi, we have to wait and see what changes Traction Control is going to make to the lineup before we can think about who are going to be the true contenders for this years WDC but I have a feeling Williams and RS won't be far off the pace. I still think that reliability is going to hurt Williams this year.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 16:32 (Ref:81182)   #7
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ralf may win a few more races but i really doubt he will win the championship.To be frank hakkinen and the ferraris werent allowed to show their pace since they were stuck behind trulli.He certainly was better than coulthard but then again,not many people call coulthard the best driver.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 17:42 (Ref:81195)   #8
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You don't think that says something about Ferrari's and Hakkinen's pace during the race if they are stuck behind a Jordan????
Old 16 Apr 2001, 18:58 (Ref:81210)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think he could be, but I'm not counting any chickens. We'll have to wait and see what happens in Spain, but if traction control doesn't hinder Williams at all, then it is by no means impossible for Ralf to be a serious championship contender.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 18:59 (Ref:81211)   #10
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i go with kuchi..traction control will decide everything..n wrex poses a good tipping althou i think rubens might take 1 more position...
Old 16 Apr 2001, 21:29 (Ref:81273)   #11
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf = World Drivers' Champion for 2001

You've got to stop sniffing glue!

Laugh very loudly!

Go DC you good thing!
Old 16 Apr 2001, 22:01 (Ref:81287)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chances are...

But still are only chances. My bet would be that he will win
a couple times more. JPM should have his share too. That will bring a more exciting championship, as DC is going strong and I believe Cranky Mika will come out of the shadows soon...
And surely TGF is STILL the favourite...
So 4 contenders will be GREAT !!!!!!
Old 16 Apr 2001, 22:34 (Ref:81305)   #13
slipstream
Rookie

slipstream should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My first thought on this question was no-way. However, this really was only a gut feeling.

Then I started to wonder why I thought this and could come up with no reason other than being use to Ferrari and Mac being the winners.

Consider this logic;

1/ Is their Engine good enough? Fastest by far.

2/ Is their chassis good enough? Probably not the best in the field but good enough.

3/ Have they got the $ too keep developing the car? Yup.

4/ How will TC affect them? They have as much knowledge of driver aids as anyone and they have the money and personnel to make them work.

5/ Are their drivers good enough? Still hard to judge, but they are certainly pretty good.

6/ Are their tyres good enough? If they are this good already, just wait for more development and familiar tracks.

7/ Do they know what it takes? If Frank doesn't, then no-one does.

What more do you need?
Old 16 Apr 2001, 23:08 (Ref:81325)   #14
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luck ???????
Old 17 Apr 2001, 00:53 (Ref:81344)   #15
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if RS will be a contender for the championship? I am sure that he definitely has a shot of winning more GP's though. He can take a lot of points away from whoever does become champion (MS?).
I think his biggest foe is his brother. Once MS retires, I bet RS jumps to the top!
Old 17 Apr 2001, 00:54 (Ref:81345)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
TGF wins a couple of races and everybody ays this is TGF's year. Then Montoya leads the race in commanding fashion, and everybody says this could be Montoy's year. Then DC wins,and everbody says this could be DC's year. Then Ralf wins, and everbody says this is Ralf's year. If Irvine wins the next race, I am going to scream.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 00:57 (Ref:81346)   #17
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Ralf = World Drivers' Champion for 2001

You've got to stop sniffing glue!

Laugh very loudly!

Go DC you good thing!

Moffat, take the blindfold off, will you?.

Go Ralf!, and Go Montoya too!.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 00:57 (Ref:81347)   #18
RALFANATOR
Racer

REAL CHANCE?

I don't think tracion control will be much of a issue as all the top teams have used it before and will test the hell out of them. BMW & MERC & FERRARI all have points to prove and the money to drive them ( mainly the to rivals BMW & MERC) . Thinking about it more I really think that tyres will be the main player if the MICH'S are up to it RALF will be a real threat but if the tyres are not up to it next WILL BE THE YEAR!
Old 17 Apr 2001, 01:58 (Ref:81359)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its up for grabs, folks, and frankly, I think TGF, Coulthard and Ralf all have equal shots at it. This season is shaping up to be a doozey, and I don't think that the WDC is going to score 100+ points. It will go down to the wire, and 3-4 drivers will be in the running at Suzuka with 65-70 points.

TGF will turn in frequent great dominating drives countered by weekends when it seems he isn't even on the track. Ralf will be fast but suffer DNF's, wins or nothing. Montoya will be chewing up the scenary as well. DC will be consistant, land a lot of Podiums and the occaissional win. I also think that rare ocaisions will see Barrichello, Frentzen, Trulli and Panis snare significant points and JV if the BAR ever gets sorted out win again.

I believe the days of Ferrari and McLaren taking 85% of the available points are over. In this scenario, Ralf has a chance.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 04:46 (Ref:81391)   #20
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
AND enter Renault towards the end of the season.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 10:01 (Ref:81455)   #21
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone got the odds for Ralf winning the championship? Could be worth a flutter..
Old 17 Apr 2001, 10:03 (Ref:81456)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
It's shortened to around 3 to 1. That's insane after only one win.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 10:08 (Ref:81460)   #23
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
eeek...oh well, I'll put my wallet away.

And of course, now I've seen those odds, I can safely say that I don't believe he will win the championsip
Old 17 Apr 2001, 10:15 (Ref:81464)   #24
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me neither

Look how good I can touch type Raoul with the blindfold on.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 10:55 (Ref:81482)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Williams' traction control is as good out of the bag as it was in '92 then we can expect at least six cars fighting for the championship. That shortens the odds but if you then put the Macaroon and Williams "rules" into the picture you realise that whilst Ferrari only backs one driver, the others require their drivers to race. That means that of the six cars only one is dedicated to winning. The others will fight amongst themselves and therefore take points away from each other.

The only other thing is tyres. If the TC makes the Michelins work better we could see a Williams up there by the end of the year. Give it another two races and then ask again.