Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Sep 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3300147)   #201
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
I could see Vergne in a Lotus when Kimi leaves or something, and doing quite nicely for himself. His future isn't necessarily at RB especially having been passed over (wrongly, for me) for the RB seat in favour of someone who he's outscored two seasons in a row. Vergne is a brilliant racer, and when he's confident and hooked up he's up there with Ricciardo in qualifying as well. Consistency on Saturdays is his only issue and moving away from the pressure of the Red Bull programme could be the making of him. He's definitely proved more worthy of a long term place in F1 than Buemi or Alguersuari.
I still think too much is being put into the fact that Vergne has outscored Ricciardo. When you analyse the scoring on a race by race basis you find that too often they have actually finished one behind the other with Ricciardi simply following Vergne home in half the races rather than racing his team mate or trying so hard he took him out....
Then look at the races where the points were gained and in a few races where Vergne scored points Ricciardo retired or had another problem. In very few of them did Vergne resoundingly beat Ricciardo and Ricciardo had his measure in as many as when Vergne beat him.

So for me it simply means that the two of them are closely matched and Ricciardo got the nod for reasons that the team knew about and preferred him.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3300169)   #202
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So expected Vergne to have a good quali today as some talk that this style of circuit suits the strengths of his driving....but is it choking but he often seems to fall off the track when its all to play for
Old 7 Sep 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3300172)   #203
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And that there is the reason Daniel got the drive over JEV.

Simples.

Thank you.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3300910)   #204
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yesterday wasn't JEV's fault though was it?

Car failure? Up until that point he had held his own and may have been playing a long game with the tyres, because he had started to lose a bit of grip.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3303232)   #205
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
I could see Vergne in a Lotus when Kimi leaves or something, and doing quite nicely for himself. His future isn't necessarily at RB especially having been passed over (wrongly, for me) for the RB seat in favour of someone who he's outscored two seasons in a row. Vergne is a brilliant racer, and when he's confident and hooked up he's up there with Ricciardo in qualifying as well. Consistency on Saturdays is his only issue and moving away from the pressure of the Red Bull programme could be the making of him. He's definitely proved more worthy of a long term place in F1 than Buemi or Alguersuari.
I think this is a very valid point. A talented driver like JEV should be able to go somewhere else (even with a bit of financial support if needs be) if the RB is not available. Lotus would be a great option for him and he would generate more points than inconsistent Grosjean...
Old 13 Sep 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3303252)   #206
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Car failure? Up until that point he had held his own and may have been playing a long game with the tyres, because he had started to lose a bit of grip.
Dan is higher in points table now.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3303256)   #207
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
I think this is a very valid point. A talented driver like JEV should be able to go somewhere else (even with a bit of financial support if needs be) if the RB is not available. Lotus would be a great option for him and he would generate more points than inconsistent Grosjean...
Yes he could go elsewhere but the points over Ricciardo is a nonsense. All you need to do is go and look at the race results and see that the differences are accounted for in a handful of races where one scored points and the other retired, while in the races where Ricciardo beat him neither was in a points scoring place.
The whole situation with tyres etc has become meaningless as a true evaluation of a drivers real ability. If I am going to say its significant I have to look at it and do a comparison table to make sure I got it right! And in this case its not.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 07:38 (Ref:3303723)   #208
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

My post was in reference to his Sat quali performance where he dropped it a few times whilst Dan seems to get quicker every session and delivers more often than not.

Not much passing by Dan but had others on his tail most of the race and held them at bay error free. Still dont get to see enough of either driver in combat with good points to play for. We were robbed to see how Vergne would have fared with the fast finishers coming back through at the end