Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Nov 2022, 09:47 (Ref:4133924)   #476
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
He almost had it in 2020.
Even Russell says that would have been a fairytale too far
Old 16 Nov 2022, 12:55 (Ref:4133940)   #477
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Even Russell says that would have been a fairytale too far
But boy it could so have easily happened. Coulda shoulda woulda and all that.
His performances this year have just reinforced his level of consistency.
Certainly adds some interest for next year doesn't it?
Old 16 Nov 2022, 16:45 (Ref:4133961)   #478
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
With his sprint race win as well, doesn't this already make George a One-and-a-Half hit wonder anyway?
Old 5 Jul 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4166827)   #479
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A while since an update - and there is a new entry to the list (of Sprint Winners) from a few rounds ago.

Sergio Pérez's Sprint result at Azerbaijan means he joins Russell on the Sprint List.

GPs:
Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon
Carlos Sainz Jr.
George Russell

Sprints:
George Russell
Sergio Pérez
Old 5 Jul 2023, 22:14 (Ref:4166889)   #480
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
That's a stretch
Old 6 Jul 2023, 07:47 (Ref:4166926)   #481
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a relatively meaningless stat that no-one is really going to remember for very long.....
Old 17 Sep 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4177076)   #482
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sainz no longer
Old 17 Sep 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4177114)   #483
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
Sainz no longer
And he left the OHW list in some style.....
Old 10 Oct 2023, 00:39 (Ref:4180791)   #484
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
So do we count Oscar here now
Old 10 Oct 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4180836)   #485
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No. Not in my opinion, anyway.
Old 10 Oct 2023, 09:06 (Ref:4180838)   #486
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GPs:
Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon
Carlos Sainz Jr.
George Russell

Sprints:
George Russell
Sergio Pérez
Oscar Piastri
Old 10 Oct 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4180849)   #487
rika
Racer

rika should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
GPs:
Carlos Sainz Jr....

You sure?
Old 10 Oct 2023, 11:36 (Ref:4180851)   #488
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
GPs:
Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon
Carlos Sainz Jr.
George Russell

Sprints:
George Russell
Sergio Pérez
Oscar Piastri
Sainz is no longer a one hit wonder having now won two full GPs. He added Singapore '23 to Silverstone '22.
Old 10 Oct 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4180853)   #489
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
GPs:
Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon
Carlos Sainz Jr.
George Russell

Sprints:
George Russell
Sergio Pérez
Oscar Piastri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rika View Post
You sure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Sainz is no longer a one hit wonder having now won two full GPs. He added Singapore '23 to Silverstone '22.

GPs:
Pierre Gasly
Esteban Ocon
George Russell

Sprints:
George Russell
Sergio Pérez
Oscar Piastri
Old 10 Oct 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4180911)   #490
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
It is a sprint, not a Grand Prix. Oscar Piastri is not on the list until he has won a Grand Prix. I very much dislike the idea of considering his win to be on par with a Grand Prix win.
Old 10 Oct 2023, 21:36 (Ref:4180922)   #491
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
It is a sprint, not a Grand Prix. Oscar Piastri is not on the list until he has won a Grand Prix. I very much dislike the idea of considering his win to be on par with a Grand Prix win.
I agree that a sprint win should not be equal to a GP win. If we want to include the sprint winners into this list, then as being done above, I think it should exist at two lists in one thread.

Another minor point, IMHO, I think if you have won a GP, that is more important than any sprint win. So for example if/when Oscar wins a GP, he can be a "one hit wonder" for a GP and really should just be removed from the sprint "one hit wonder" list. In short, it make little sense to be on both lists at the same time (i.e. I would remove George from the sprint list above). If that makes sense.

Richard
Old 10 Oct 2023, 22:01 (Ref:4180923)   #492
Skam85
Veteran

It was more tongue in cheek anyway.
But great to see him on the top step (sort of). Many more to come.