Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:25 (Ref:65759)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hee Hee! What a great day!

Chris got some valuable testing in for his first race (Donington, 25th March) and a few of the gang came along too. Which was nice...

We had a play with damper settings and tyre pressures, and Chris' times were consistant throughout the session.

We have some new shocks for the last test before the saeson starts (Mallory Park, March 1st) so we should be able to sort a few more adjustments.

We had quite a few stoppages during the day, the most er... spectacular (?) being the inverted 'Ex-Clarke' Clio! As it returned to the pits on the end of a strap, it didn't look too bad, until we climbed the pitwall (as Chris went out again,) and noticed the t'other side was much worse!

Rick Pearson was there too, along with Paul Lomax and the rest of the Mark Fish Motorsport gang, and while the 172 Clio behaved itself (apart from a Flymo moment - photos to follow, I expect!) the V6-powered Clio Beastie did not. I arrived at noon, and unfortunately only saw it turn in three laps I think, before the gearchange (or possibly the gearbox itself ) started to play up. Not a happy Rickster.

One other highlight of the day, apart from the Maranello Challenge Ferraris and the BTC Production class Alfa Romeo, was Ronnie Petersons '72 March. Loud red paint, and even LOUDER exhausts!! What a machine!!
I expect there could well be a March photo or two in the Historic forum by the days end!

A great day, well worth the trek from darkest Suffolk. (I'm glad it was an afternoon session!)

Roll on Mallory!
Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:36 (Ref:65761)   #2
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see you had a good time.

so who Flymo'd??

Rick doesn't seem to have much luck with gearboxes recently.
Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:41 (Ref:65763)   #3
Sparky
Veteran

Who d'ya reckon? I think he was just having some fun...

We missed you Les. Next time...
Old 20 Feb 2001, 21:00 (Ref:65769)   #4
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good day despite the cold!

It was great to see everyone again, especially our superstars -, Chris Rick and Paul. Good luck with 2001.

Now for a little plea. If anyone knows of anyone or a company that might be interested in sponsoring Rick and Paul, please get in contact with Rebecca Appleton as we all know that racing drivers heavily rely on sponsors. We've supported the guys, and those that made it to the Snetterton Charity day last year will know that Rick and Paul showed their appreciation and have been great to us.

Looking forward to Chris' race on 25th at Donington

Old 20 Feb 2001, 21:00 (Ref:65770)   #5
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One fantastic day - what can I say ...... I can't wait for the season to start now.
Old 20 Feb 2001, 21:03 (Ref:65771)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Old 20 Feb 2001, 21:10 (Ref:65772)   #7
Sparky
Veteran

Oh Craig...

It's worth it to be out of Titan though, innit?
Old 20 Feb 2001, 21:16 (Ref:65774)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
erm, methinks that Sparky didn't hear about today's exploits at the new place... Don't seem to have much luck when it comes to jobs, so I ?!
Old 20 Feb 2001, 21:21 (Ref:65777)   #9
Sparky
Veteran

Bloody hell bloke! What happened? Too porsonal for here?

Is everything OK?
Old 20 Feb 2001, 21:36 (Ref:65779)   #10
Lorna
Veteran

Don't worry, Craig. I took two rolls of film and they are ready to be developed. I'll let you know when I have scanned them in.
Old 21 Feb 2001, 00:32 (Ref:65815)   #11
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky
..Ronnie Petersons '72 March. Loud red paint, and even LOUDER exhausts!!
You should have been in my Mini when the damn thing opened up the throttle in front of me on Starkey's! BLOODY HELL I was still deafened even with my helmet on Oh, and the red Ferrari provided me with an interesting fireworks display from its exhausts on a number of occasions..

A great day, well worth the trek from darkest Suffolk.

Yes, I second that - it was cool. I got treated like some sort of star, and God only knows how many piccies of me were taken. Just like being with the paparazzi I'm just glad Woody wasn't around with her camera while I was getting changed

Seriously, thanks for coming along guys Thanks also to the Kirkpatrick brothers for giving me something to compare with..

I Can't wait for Mallory either

Craig, What happened bloke?
Old 21 Feb 2001, 00:58 (Ref:65816)   #12
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Just got one piccy to post at the moment.. Here's my amazing new name stickers. I don't think you'll have a problem identifying me on track

I've just got to say..

"What have I done? My wife's going to kill me!"

(You had to be there )
Old 21 Feb 2001, 06:23 (Ref:65846)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have gone - thought of you all though.

Car looks great Chris - shouldn't get you muddled with anyone else.
Old 21 Feb 2001, 08:03 (Ref:65852)   #14
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was good to see you all for what looks like being my last drive in a 172.
Found 0.6 seconds in 6 laps, got to be chuffed, but a bit pointless...
Shame about the V6, really frustrating as it needs so much set-up work before the 1st round (which is now at Monza apparently). As far as I can tell from the regs, the 1st 30 qualifiers at Monza are allowed to go to Monaco. Only 85 cars expected to show...
R
Old 21 Feb 2001, 08:11 (Ref:65853)   #15
Sparky
Veteran

85 Cars!!??

Bloomin' 'eck Rick!!

Well, you won't be short on enthusiasm, at least.
I wasn't there for the morning session - did you have any useful track time before I arrived?
Or was it poorly out of the box?

You'll do it, matey! We have faith in ya...
Old 21 Feb 2001, 08:22 (Ref:65854)   #16
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It never ran properly.
I did 2 5 lap stints, Paul did 1.
The electronics on the gearbox had been the wrong way round when it was delivered to us and it was trying to blip the throttle on the up shifts as opposed to the down ones...
By the time we realised what it was up to, we had damaged something in the box.
Could be a challenge as Monza is not renowned for being a slow circuit... Will just have to pull a lap out of the top drawer!
R
Old 21 Feb 2001, 22:48 (Ref:65996)   #17
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A little grassy excursion

Old 21 Feb 2001, 22:51 (Ref:65997)   #18
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 21 Feb 2001, 23:55 (Ref:66003)   #19
Lorna
Veteran

Tis true. The 10 Tenths Papparazi gang was following Chris around for the day.

Digital camera is working okay then Carrie
Old 22 Feb 2001, 06:15 (Ref:66026)   #20
Carrie
Veteran

It is, but unfortunately the pic of the March which I promised Tim I'd post is nothing more than a spec on the track - will have to wait until I get the other photos developed.