Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3737763)   #1776
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bob, you know me I'm not a name teller but… where are you ??
Old 31 May 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3737765)   #1777
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hub caps as in nave plates- not sure how that translates!

Shiny chrome on plain steel wheels- 12 or 13" dia at a guess.

Grant, the car looks brand new. No idea how good it is underneath but initially looked v impressive!
According to my excellent pictorial dictionary, the French word for hubcap is 'enjoliveur'.
Old 31 May 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3737767)   #1778
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bob, you know me I'm not a name teller but… where are you ??
He's jumping up & down in the back of Delta's truck!!

Gerard, are you going to Magny Cours on 1/2 July?
Old 31 May 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3737789)   #1779
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No he's not I'm fast asleep in the back . Just outside Lille and 200 miles to go. Then I can swim in the sea . Yippeeeee
Old 31 May 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3737792)   #1780
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
No he's not I'm fast asleep in the back . Just outside Lille and 200 miles to go. Then I can swim in the sea . Yippeeeee
Not a million miles from me then, depending on which side of Lille you are...
Old 31 May 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3737795)   #1781
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
He's jumping up & down in the back of Delta's truck!!

Gerard, are you going to Magny Cours on 1/2 July?
No he is going to the dogs.

Gerard Mon ami, ignore that Unwin chap, I am where I always am sitting here at my terminal reading the fascinating details of Vauxhall Viva's wheels, and hub caps. I never realised there was so much to know about the subject.

My alloy's do not have such accoutrements, so I can add little of interest to the discussion, however, Mike, Viva, and Gary seem to a wealth of knowledge they are all too willing to share with us

I often feel a bit sad that I am unable to contribute to the many absorbing discussions that are so popular here. Tyres, Scooters, football teams the list is endless as are the posts ....... where did I put that razor blade?

Paddy threatened to slash a man's throat, but couldn't find anywhere to plug his razor in.
Old 31 May 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3737843)   #1782
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another page of history turns, RIP Eric
Old 31 May 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3737845)   #1783
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Another page of history turns, RIP Eric
Eric Broadley? Yes, sad news - another of the founders of the British racing car industry gone.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3737857)   #1784
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Not a million miles from me then, depending on which side of Lille you are...
We stayed in the services near Jean-Baptise Muller. Would of been good to met up . Sorry did not think . Here we go Zandvoort look out.😀
Old 1 Jun 2017, 05:32 (Ref:3737863)   #1785
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
We stayed in the services near Jean-Baptise Muller. Would of been good to met up . Sorry did not think . Here we go Zandvoort look out.��
Always another time - pity we don't seem to get a historic meeting at Croix anymore. They used to be very good.

Enjoy Zandvoort. The North Sea might be a bit chilly though!!
Old 1 Jun 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3737871)   #1786
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Enjoy Zandvoort. The North Sea might be a bit chilly though!!
Won't be a problem for Delta- he's "well 'ard".......
Old 1 Jun 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3737892)   #1787
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Won't be a problem for Delta- he's "well 'ard".......
That might explain the 'bouncing van' I suppose.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3737900)   #1788
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anybody received the email from Silverstone about the new "motorsport festival of food and music"?

It includes the World Rallycross Championship, Drifting, Street food outlets and interestingly historic Formula one, amongst other things.

The date is 25 to 27 May 2018. Which no doubt will clash with Masters' Brands Hatch.

It's called Speedmachine. Mentioned here because of the aforementioned clash and the Historic F1s.

Hmmm..
Old 1 Jun 2017, 09:57 (Ref:3737901)   #1789
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I'm ere and the sun is shining .
Old 1 Jun 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3737908)   #1790
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Anybody received the email from Silverstone about the new "motorsport festival of food and music"?

It includes the World Rallycross Championship, Drifting, Street food outlets and interestingly historic Formula one, amongst other things.

The date is 25 to 27 May 2018. Which no doubt will clash with Masters' Brands Hatch.

It's called Speedmachine. Mentioned here because of the aforementioned clash and the Historic F1s.

Hmmm..
Yes, that would be Masters traditional late bank holiday Brands meeting- last w/end held on sat and sun only.

I assume it is the UK WRX round now Lydden has lost it, plus other stuff. Can't see how HF1 will fit in though......
Old 1 Jun 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3737921)   #1791
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Hmmm..
Maybe demo runs from works teams and their museum collections?

I can't see how it would fit otherwise.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3737930)   #1792
bauble
Veteran

England
In addition to the FIA World Rallycross Championship, SpeedMachine will play host to edge of your seat racing with drift cars, historic F1™ and Group B rally cars all in attendance.

That's what the e.mail says anyway.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3737933)   #1793
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Not spotted any Vauxhall Viva's here yet Mike, but I did see a very nice B-reg (as in 1964) green Morgan batting along well near this morning, top down, luggage on the back.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3737939)   #1794
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm ere and the sun is shining .
Assuming here is Zandvoort ... what's the water temperature like?

Old 1 Jun 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3737953)   #1795
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John, just cancelled two rooms for Magny. I guess it will be a good weekend, thanks to the Masters.
Yes, "enjoliveur" is quite correct (could be enjoliveur de moyeu/ hub in this particular case.
Old 1 Jun 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3737960)   #1796
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John, just cancelled two rooms for Magny. I guess it will be a good weekend, thanks to the Masters.
Yes, "enjoliveur" is quite correct (could be enjoliveur de moyeu/ hub in this particular case.
I should have spoken sooner! Haven't done anything about hotels - whereabouts have you cancelled? Haven't been there for years & don't know many places other than that hotel near the circuit entrance & Campanile (I think) in Nevers.

Meanwhile, it's a lovely evening & I'm off to La Cascade - I have an excuse, I have something to deliver. If forced I may even have a beer...
Old 1 Jun 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3738000)   #1797
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
This comes under the heading of 'phew, what a whopper'! And before anyone panics, it's an airyplane..........

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techan...n=true#image=1
Old 1 Jun 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3738003)   #1798
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Got sun burnt .
Old 1 Jun 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3738005)   #1799
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sea was lovely
Old 1 Jun 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3738010)   #1800
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Sea was lovely
Any jellyfish?

Are you tucking into the local raw fish or did your lad catch a good haul in Pau?

If he's into fly fishing he would be very welcome at my friend's place here, where I have just enjoyed a cold beer (www.lacascadefrance.com). They have some big trout!
Closed Thread