Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Oct 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3854724)   #1076
jungle_007
Rookie

jungle_007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Josh Price returns for TCR UK season finale

The 19-year-old will drive the same ex-Finlay Crocker Honda Civic FK2 that he raced earlier this year and is aiming for a strong result in the final TCR UK round of 2018.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3855723)   #1077
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
...and another visit for Alex Morgan with the Renault

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...n-park-finale/
Old 10 Oct 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3855961)   #1078
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
http://www.brscc.co.uk/sites/default...0List%20v2.pdf

13 cars for Donington, although only 12 drivers
Old 10 Oct 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3855962)   #1079
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
http://www.brscc.co.uk/sites/default...0List%20v2.pdf

13 cars for Donington, although only 12 drivers
I was wondering what team name Josh Price would be entered under - who owns the car he's driving out of interest? I assumed that it was BMR, but evidently not.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3855967)   #1080
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I was wondering what team name Josh Price would be entered under - who owns the car he's driving out of interest? I assumed that it was BMR, but evidently not.
I believe it is still owned by Pyro. BMR only ever leased/rented it.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3856238)   #1081
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The thing is, TCR is (or is trying to be) the defacto standard for touring car racing.
It's ok for them to try in the UK and fail to make a dent in the immovable rock of the hugely popular BTCC.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3856240)   #1082
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Indeed, nothing wrong with them! I suspect they're built a little more on the robust side compared to the TCR cars though, given that they run rather longer.
Both GT4 and TCR are capable of running 24 hours races, and they do about the same lap times too!
Old 12 Oct 2018, 12:43 (Ref:3856247)   #1083
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Before TCR came along I did think that GT4 might form the basis of a new touring car ruleset, alas it wasn't to be.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3856412)   #1084
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both Renault withdrawn from Donington citing "technical issues".

11 for the finals day then. R1 had 13.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3856432)   #1085
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think anyone really expects the Renaults to turn up anywhere at this point, let alone be competitive.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3856434)   #1086
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well they better do something over the winter to increase numbers, otherwise there is zero point it continuing
Old 13 Oct 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3856441)   #1087
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well they better do something over the winter to increase numbers, otherwise there is zero point it continuing

no doubt over the winter they’ll hype it all up and promise the world just like they did before this season. except next time very few teams or drivers will believe any of it and will probably go race somewhere else.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3856458)   #1088
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Are TCR eligible to run in "Saloon Cars"?
Old 14 Oct 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3856804)   #1089
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Both Renault withdrawn from Donington citing "technical issues".
The statement read the cars need suspension work which was identified at a test in Germany.

Call me cynical, but exactly what sort of issue did they identify at the 11th hour? And even if they were intending to race - genuinely intending to race - they'd have been pushing it to get to Donny and setup and partake in free practice.

Too much noise from too many amateurs which a desperate promoter is trying to positive spin.

The professionalism of West Coast and Pyro stand out, everything else is pretty amateur.

Hopefully DL will sign off with a well deserved title very soon now...
Old 14 Oct 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3856805)   #1090
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dan Lloyd is champion!
Old 14 Oct 2018, 17:43 (Ref:3856816)   #1091
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
no doubt over the winter they’ll hype it all up and promise the world just like they did before this season. except next time very few teams or drivers will believe any of it and will probably go race somewhere else.

The commentators (on the TSL live timing feed anyway) were very sure that the series would continue and grow - claiming that every regional iteration of TCR had started with a quiet first year, grown in the second, and then had full grids from year 3......... No idea whether this was PR puff or true, or just that the commentators had to find something so say over the 90 minute delay while they waited for the weather to improve
Old 14 Oct 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3856817)   #1092
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, they were saying something valid for many European TCR championships but then again each market is different
Old 14 Oct 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3856821)   #1093
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
The commentators (on the TSL live timing feed anyway) were very sure that the series would continue and grow - claiming that every regional iteration of TCR had started with a quiet first year, grown in the second, and then had full grids from year 3......... No idea whether this was PR puff or true, or just that the commentators had to find something so say over the 90 minute delay while they waited for the weather to improve
of course they would talk it up, not down. obviously pr puff and just untrue.
for a start I can think of two TCR series in europe alone that failed after one season and closed down (Belgium and Portugal)

TCR works in countries where there is hole in the market to fill. but in the UK a hole in the market obviously doesn’t exist for those cars.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3856822)   #1094
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I missed race 2 today but watched race 1. If you hadn't seen them on the grid you'd be forgiven for thinking Lewis Kent, Lines, swift, Wilson and Walkinshaw were even present. Zero coverage on screen for all that effort and expense. I hope race 2 was a different story.

You could arguably say the same about BTCC but in TCR UK it is about spreading screen time between 10 cars not 32.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3856826)   #1095
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
of course they would talk it up, not down. obviously pr puff and just untrue.
for a start I can think of two TCR series in europe alone that failed after one season and closed down (Belgium and Portugal)

TCR works in countries where there is hole in the market to fill. but in the UK a hole in the market obviously doesn’t exist for those cars.

Except TCR Benelux lasted 2 seasons as a standalone series before becoming a series within TCR Europe for 2018

Meanwhile TCR Portugal undertook its 4th season in 2018

TCR Iberico lasted one year where TCR Spain and TCR Portugal where both championships would race together for an Iberico championship and well as their national championship.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3856830)   #1096
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Except TCR Benelux lasted 2 seasons as a standalone series before becoming a series within TCR Europe for 2018

Meanwhile TCR Portugal undertook its 4th season in 2018

TCR Iberico lasted one year where TCR Spain and TCR Portugal where both championships would race together for an Iberico championship and well as their national championship.
I was using my bad memory but you have still validated my point.
so Benelux failed after two seasons and iberico lasted one. which underlines that not every TCR series has been a success.

this year has proven than there is no hole in the UK motorsport scene for TCR to fill. it finished with less cars than it started with and dipped into single figures a few times. that pretty much says it all.

so who would invest in putting a car into that series next year?

Last edited by touring fan01; 14 Oct 2018 at 20:19.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3856834)   #1097
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Put simply, the expense/ exposure ratio is poor. 200k for a ride with #HARD would appear much more bang for the buck. And for those who that is too rich, Clios have far more exposure and easily sub 100k for a season, unless you're very accident prone.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3856844)   #1098
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know weather played a part today, but i must have counted all of 20 spectators... hardly impressive for a final!

That said what racing there was - race 2 especially was quite fun
Old 14 Oct 2018, 22:55 (Ref:3856846)   #1099
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I never went, I have been to most - in hope rather than expectation. Wind swept and moist did not appeal!

Mid October is always going to be asking for iffy weather at Donny. BTCC is the other extreme and runs too early in the year. Given the exposed nature then May to early September is the ideal window IMO.

Good to see Dan get his title. By far the best driver. Although Ash Sutton waltzed off into the distance when he made an appearance... which possibly says more about Ashs superb talent and ability to adapt than anything.
Old 15 Oct 2018, 09:21 (Ref:3856899)   #1100
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I never went, I have been to most - in hope rather than expectation. Wind swept and moist did not appeal!

Mid October is always going to be asking for iffy weather at Donny. BTCC is the other extreme and runs too early in the year. Given the exposed nature then May to early September is the ideal window IMO.

Good to see Dan get his title. By far the best driver. Although Ash Sutton waltzed off into the distance when he made an appearance... which possibly says more about Ashs superb talent and ability to adapt than anything.
As an event, how does it compare to being at BTCC? I know you can't compare a 40k crowd with 40 people but are you aware of the aledged greatness of the event when your there?

True about Dan winning but I agree in a way about when Ash Sutton turned up and blew him away, it's always good to get a title on the CV, but essentially he is a top level BTCC driver who has managed to beat 6 nobodies