Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Nov 2001, 13:57 (Ref:170825)   #1
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Murray Racing to run works Mygales

'Rennen' brings you yet another WORLD EXCLUSIVE...Craig Murray' victorious British Championship Formula Ford Team will run the works Mygale's in 2002. Craig Murray is a clever guy...he entered the Thruxton round just to give his driver a 'tow' for pole!
Old 20 Nov 2001, 18:47 (Ref:176861)   #2
ispy
Rookie

ispy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A clever guy who crashed on the first lap of the Thruxton race and crashed on the first lap of qulifying in the only F3 round he done this year.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 19:13 (Ref:176875)   #3
Zingo
Rookie

Zingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude, that was in Motoring News a week ago... Do you have a super slow modem or what? ...'World exclusive' !!??
Old 20 Nov 2001, 19:22 (Ref:176881)   #4
Big G
Rookie

Big G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what do you know i spy? Maybe you should try and do better.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 19:33 (Ref:176894)   #5
ispy
Rookie

I don`t have any asperations to be a driver "Big G" just a **** head, though murray is good at that.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 19:47 (Ref:176906)   #6
Big G
Rookie

Big G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what are you saying? lets be honest< craig murray did an excellent job this year. He must run a very good team. Although Gary Catt didn't have a very good year and he's a good driver.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 19:59 (Ref:176919)   #7
ispy
Rookie

Looking at the result sheets murray racing has been living on the results of aztec. when he took over the team with 3 races to go dahlgren had a 20+ point lead which ended up being nothing at the end of the year. And as for gary catt he was a good driver until murray got hold of him. about time he got out of ford.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 12:39 (Ref:177212)   #8
pitbit
Rookie

pitbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hope Haywood and Van Diemen kick Murrays ass next season. Has been racing driver wanna be team boss, did take all the credit for Aztecs hard work
Old 21 Nov 2001, 12:58 (Ref:177218)   #9
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

What a cynical lot you are on this thread! I posted this before it was in the comics! Not all aspiring drivers make it as drivers, many of them become great managers eg: Frank Wiliams, Ron Dennis, Eddi Jordan, Max Mosely etc. Yes Craig Murray was very smart towing Dahlgren to pole at Thruxton, it's a fact! end of story. Also Mygale arn't fools, so Murray must, for what ever reason! must be doing it right!
Old 21 Nov 2001, 19:39 (Ref:177394)   #10
donut
Rookie

donut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
aztec and hard work?

HA hah ha ha ha ha ha never heard so much **** in my life, but its sure is funny, mate.

aztec are a band of piece of ****e cowboys with no idea hoe to run a team or a car. and in case you were blind or stpid mate, it was murray that was the manager of the ff team there all year so it was him who got dalgren his 20+ pojnt lead.

and gary catt is ****e anyway. in the winter series he couldn't even get on the podium against a bunch of newbies and he's been at it for years.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 09:34 (Ref:177620)   #11
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi donut and welcome to 10-10ths, I hope you enjoy posting in this friendly and lively forum.

I would ask that you moderate your language and avoid personal attacks, saying that someone is wrong in your opinion is one thing, calling them stupid is another.

Cheers,

M
Old 22 Nov 2001, 10:59 (Ref:177650)   #12
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe people should forget Craig Murray the driver and give him a chance as Craig Murray team manager.

No one can really argue with the fact that he took Aztec from very much mediocre (Lee Piercey, Marino Franchitti, Gary Catt...) to consistent championship contenders, with Dahlgren.

Aztec, running both Renault and Fords would simply not have survived financially to the end of the season, so Dahlgren would have been left without a drive had Craig not taken on the team with his own money.

I have never come across such a bunch of *****y, jealous housewives (don't let Jonathan Lewis' flat cap fool you) as the team members in the FF paddock. Without all the backstabbing, two-faced lying, wheeling and dealing, you scratch my back... kind of behaviour, maybe the FF teams could get on with the job in hand and keep FF at the forefront of junior open wheel racing, before it is superseded by FRenault - seems most of today's hotshots and superstars are skipping FF altogether.

So maybe it just remains to be seen how Craig Murray's works team will do next year, and whether David Henderson (under the guidance of Jim Warren, of course) can maintain Haywood as one of the two big teams, now that the exclusivity of Mygale works status has been taken away from the team.

Bertrand Decoster has put his faith in a 'new generation' of manager in Craig - and as someone pointed out Decoster, as the boss of a successful international company, is no fool.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 12:21 (Ref:177671)   #13
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sgrok
Maybe people should forget Craig Murray the driver and give him a chance as Craig Murray team manager.

I agree - come on guys, give him a chance!
Old 22 Nov 2001, 14:05 (Ref:177699)   #14
pitbit
Rookie

pitbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok,ok... So Bertrand has made Murray Racing a works team and he must have done that for a reason, he isn't stupid. I just think that Craigs attitude will not get him that far, to be a succesful team you have to be a fairly happy one and I can't see that ever happening. I'll reserve further judgement until next season.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 21:19 (Ref:177874)   #15
ispy
Rookie

I think you are all missing the fact that Dahlgren won the championship not murray or aztec, he would have won it in any well maintained car.As for murray shouting from the roof tops that he won the championship maybe you should look at the drivers that left him under his management ie Ben Clucas, Alex Lloyd, Anthony Preston in the junior championship and Gary Catt, Barry Sime, Rob Erqhart and Emmit O`brian in the slick 50 championship not sure if Lee Piercey was still there.
At the end it was a one car team, maybe thats why they all left.
Also thats got to be a recold for the most drivers lost in one season by one team/manager.
My mistake then he is clever and a champion.
Old 23 Nov 2001, 20:20 (Ref:178254)   #16
Spiddy-Spid
Rookie

Spiddy-Spid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To say the guy has spent the last five or so years shuffling around in the likes of fvj and ff, racking up a total of about two race wins, it's hardly surprising he's a little happy to have 'won' a championship.

I can't comment on his skills as a manager, but to have one of the most crashing-est drivers in the world ever in charge of a team seems like one heck of a crazy idea. (There was a definite hint of Murray driving in Dahlgren in the final round at silverstone!)

And how can his drivers take a talking to from him if they do insane things in races????
Old 23 Nov 2001, 21:15 (Ref:178275)   #17
ispy
Rookie

Apparently he went through 16 nose boxes in 1 season at Haywood.
I say one thing though he was always good to watch in a car. There was always a lot of shunts.
Old 24 Nov 2001, 00:01 (Ref:178316)   #18
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire

So that's why Mygale choose him!
Old 24 Nov 2001, 00:33 (Ref:178325)   #19
sgrok
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by ispy
I think you are all missing the fact that Dahlgren won the championship not murray or aztec, he would have won it in any well maintained car.As for murray shouting from the roof tops that he won the championship maybe you should look at the drivers that left him under his management ie Ben Clucas, Alex Lloyd, Anthony Preston in the junior championship and Gary Catt, Barry Sime, Rob Erqhart and Emmit O`brian in the slick 50 championship not sure if Lee Piercey was still there.
At the end it was a one car team, maybe thats why they all left.
Also thats got to be a recold for the most drivers lost in one season by one team/manager.
My mistake then he is clever and a champion.
Hmmm, three words for you...get, facts and straight...

Clucas/Lloyd/Urqhart left after disputes over money, and where it was rapidly disappearing to at ... Aztec - ultmately the responsiblity of a certain Mr Kemp - Murray was an employee...

Anthony Preston had less than zero money budget-wise, and he was on a free drive with Aztec. Craig wasn't going to hand out free drives to average drivers, so he couldn't carry AP through when the team changed hands. Kemp then decided not to keep AP in a job at Aztec, so he had no choice but to return to Oz.

Similar stories with Gary 'free drive' Catt and Lee 'my dad'll spanner the car, if you knock a grand or 40 off the budget ' Piercey, both promised the world by Rob Kemp and his band of merry men, and ended up with...oh that's right, bugger all.

In fact, by the time Rob had frittered away the money given to him for little unimportant things like insurance, on Versace jeans and ridiculously expensive and completely unnecessary custom race suits the drivers who had signed with Aztec (not Murray Racing) at the start of the season were quite rightly just a tad ****ed off.

The only drivers remaining under Rob's defunct FF team were Dahlgren and Emmet. Both stayed because they liked and respected Craig's style of management. Unfortunately, and grudgingly, Emmet had to give up because of lack of funds. And unlike the fairy Robfather, Craig Murray is not going to make a successful business of Murray Racing by handing out freebies.

Really, Murray Racing needs a good long season completely clear of all ties with Aztec, as all that team, and it's shambolic management does is bring anyone associated with it down.

As an Autosport Young Driver Award nominee, amongst other accolades, I think it's fair to say Craig had a respectable career as a driver. So what if he crashed. Better to be a showman than to be middle of the road, safe and predictable. The thrills and spills are what draw the crowds after all.

Anyway, for now he's no longer driving, so I don't see what bearing that will have on his management abilities. Let's not forget he coached Peter Gray from back to the field to frontrunner, and another of the drivers he coached prior to joining Aztec, Alex Kapadia, is currently doing very well in Frenault.
Old 25 Nov 2001, 18:46 (Ref:178766)   #20
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire

Well! that certainly told 'em 'sgrok' a fascinating insight into the world of FF for all the outsiders to mull over! (Never been to a junior karting paddock then sgrok?)

'Spiddy'... a manager can teach how NOT to do it! from his own experiences too!

'Ispy'...It's not just 'Driver'! It's a 'Team' effort! Which raises an interesting question...What percentage 'IS' Driver...Chassis...Set up...or Engine????
Old 26 Nov 2001, 10:11 (Ref:178929)   #21
sgrok
Racer

Well Rennen, I really don't know why I bothered...
Old 27 Nov 2001, 00:18 (Ref:179190)   #22
jockspeed
Rookie

jockspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reply to
ispy Apparently he went through 16 nose boxes in 1 season at Haywood.
I say one thing though he was always good to watch in a car. There was always a lot of shunts.

Spiddy-Spid To say the guy has spent the last five or so years shuffling around in the likes of fvj and ff,up a total of about two race wins, it's hardly surprising he's a little happy to have 'won' a championship.

I can't comment on his skills as a manager, but to have one of the most crashing-est drivers in the world ever in charge of a team seems like one heck of a crazy idea. (There was a definite hint of Murray driving in Dahlgren in the final round at silverstone!)

And how can his drivers take a talking to from him if they do insane things in races????

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys nice to know you care. Get your fact straight 23 nose cones and only two non finishes that year making me the most consistent driver of that year finishing in the top three of the of all the Championships competed in.

Lets see Murray Racing since they took over Aztec

9 races: 1 win, 3*2nd s
2 poles
5 fastest laps
4 DNF s (running no lower than 2nd when non mechanical problem occurred)

So 9 races.8 of them every lap counted running no lower than second. This seems like one of the best record s in the Championship this year.

So doubters results speek for themself.

Cheers Guys

Jockspeed.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 09:01 (Ref:179677)   #23
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Jockspeed (Craig?), and welcome to 10-10ths. As ever it is a pleasure to have some insight from people who were actually there, I hope you enjoy posting here.

And 23 nosecones.... Blimey
Old 29 Nov 2001, 11:22 (Ref:180121)   #24
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire

Ah! the wee Cadet himself!...can see you now laddy with the 'S' on your wee Allkart. Stop spoiling our fun with all these facts! 'Jock'
Old 29 Nov 2001, 16:16 (Ref:180209)   #25
Old Hairpin
Racer

Old Hairpin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what the hell is a non-mechanical problem? sounds like ron dennis.