Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score are you going to give it?
10 13 14.44%
9 36 40.00%
8 24 26.67%
7 11 12.22%
6 4 4.44%
5 2 2.22%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Nov 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3162302)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

What score are you going to give it?
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3162364)   #2
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 is what it was, Alonso on Webber in lap1 and Vettel on Button towards the end were masterpieces. I felt sorry for Hamilton but the drama is always good from a neutral point of view. And of course all the crashes, as long as no-one gets hurt.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3162370)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OMG Mumbles says the S word and Vettel drops the F bomb.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3162375)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Could have done without Lewis' retirement, and the Safety car periods, but it certainly wasn't boring!
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3162381)   #5
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 - entertaining from first lap to last. Thanks bernie
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3162386)   #6
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A solid 8. I actually stayed awake during the whole race which is quite an accomplishment as it is.. it would have been higher if one of the 3 backmarker teams (Caterham/ HRT/ Marrussia) had scored a point or more
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3162387)   #7
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, agree it was an 8, i could have been done without the safety cars but kept my attention from lap 1 right to the end.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3162389)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9. An incident filled race that kept the attention all the way through, even on the podium with Vettel and the F-word,
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3162390)   #9
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Couldn't give that any less than 10. Don't think you're ever going to see a better F1 race.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3162393)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7. Nice race.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3162397)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
A 9 from me and bet vettel is in big trouble
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3162400)   #12
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The easy leader breaking, 2 safety cars, amateur driving by many, several good passes by others......made the race at another rubbish circuit half decent.

Given the dross decently and my standards, which are high (British '03 or Japan '05 being the bar) I give it a 6.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3162405)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
really enjoyed that, a big surprise gave it a 9
Old 4 Nov 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3162408)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
A 9 from me and bet vettel is in big trouble
Why?
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3162419)   #15
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 from me. Thoroughly entertaining throughout. Shame about Hamilton but a storming drive from Vettel, certainly proves he has some fighting spirit.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3162421)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
9. What a race! Who would have thought that this race and Valencia would be so good.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3162430)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Action packed race from start to finnish..

I gave this race an 8 because I am saving 9 and above for Austin...

Kimster !!!! you are too much...
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3162433)   #18
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
Couldn't give that any less than 10. Don't think you're ever going to see a better F1 race.
What about the same race but run at Spa?

One of the better Tilkedromes, with interesting features, so it helps make things less boring if it's a bad race. Which it wasn't.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3162446)   #19
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9, only a last lap pass for the win away from a 10.

wtg Kimi wb

Vettel dotr

Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3162454)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5 - lots of incident and mistakes all over the place, but as a race, it was a walkover for Raikkonen after Hamilton broke down.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3162457)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
my sentiments as well. I suppose a 10 implies the greatest ever but with the amount of action, attrition, and uncertainty of the title battle I'm not sure what more I could have asked for.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3162485)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I'd give it an 8, even though I feel it is a little generous. Definitely a dramatic race, crash-filled, lots of surprise, and of course a great finish. I just wish that the end of the race would have held a little more drama, or that the excitement would have been more evenly spread out. Not so much in the very beginning and more towards the end. Otherwise, very good. More than I would have expected out of a Tilke track. I hope Austin delivers the goods in a few weeks time, as well.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3162487)   #23
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me, would have been a 10 if it was on later.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3162489)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
5 - lots of incident and mistakes all over the place, but as a race, it was a walkover for Raikkonen after Hamilton broke down.
There's more to a race than just the battle for the podium places.

I said in an earlier post that it was Hamilton's/McLaren's to lose, and that's precisely how it went. If you don't put your car together well enough, then you shouldn't expect to win the race.
Old 4 Nov 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3162490)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
8 for me, would have been a 10 if it was on later.
Now that one I don't quite follow - you would have preferred a full dark race?