Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2016, 01:16 (Ref:3625777)   #1
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
GP Attendance Figures

Melbourne 2016, 90 200, down from 101 000 in 2015.

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/s...wds.php?id=176
Old 22 Mar 2016, 23:57 (Ref:3626129)   #2
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that taken before or after F1 Q3 started?
Old 22 Mar 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3626130)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With it being a temporary venue, are the numbers of seats available the same year on year?
Old 23 Mar 2016, 06:29 (Ref:3626179)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
With it being a temporary venue, are the numbers of seats available the same year on year?
The size of the grand stands has been considerably reduced from previous years. Unfortunately everything surrounding the GP is cloak and dagger.
The Save Albert Park organisation stated that the track could only accommodate 70 000 people as far back as 2006, when the seating capacity was bigger. The organisers have resisted all efforts to use electronic ticket counting or turnstiles "due to cost".

It is claimed the attendance is increased by the organizers by 100 000 annually.

http://www.save-albert-park.org.au/s...t%202015-1.pdf page 4

Quite where the truth lies is debatable.

The Auditor General's report however has been scathing in the past.

The GP has cost the state of Victoria, where it is held in excess of $1 Billion dollars over the last 20 years!

What I was hoping is that members of this forum would put up figures of each GP as they come to hand.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3627036)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Well im pretty sure the British GP has sold out the last few years. Not sure on the exact numbers, 150,000?
Old 26 Mar 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3627537)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
What I was hoping is that members of this forum would put up figures of each GP as they come to hand.
after all of these years the fact that attendance numbers (live and on TV and now internet streaming or download) are not readily available statistics is odd.

Mike had posted a link to a magazine insert that had a lot of numbers (cant find the post right now but this might be a good place to re add it).

i didnt have a chance to fully look it over but from the parts i did look at it had some interesting numbers about the costs of permanent tracks vs temporary ones. effectively saying that over a period of 10 years temp tracks were just as expensive to run as purpose built tracks with the exception that a permanent track is a lasting piece of infrastructure.

not sure if there were attendance numbers there though.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3627542)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here is some historic data, compiled by a company to show the importance of involvement:
https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/s...06296037265408
Attached Thumbnails
CeaHPZuVAAA6k6o.jpg  
Old 27 Mar 2016, 05:36 (Ref:3627728)   #8
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do like that Indycar & Indy500 has just over a Million attendance with the 500 being nearly half that figure (assuming full attendance and capacity allowance - I know there has been an increase in covered grandstands since then.)