Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jul 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3751584)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Most records are easy when you have the best car.

Fangio, drove in less World Championship races than any modern driver, because there were far fewer in the '50's, but he won 50% of them.
When will THAT record be beaten?
👍
Old 16 Jul 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3751589)   #52
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Performances by Hamilton Q3 and Alonso Q1 were superb yesterday.

Kudos to Hulk and Vandoorne too.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3751599)   #53
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The stewards ruling:

"The Stewards examined video and telemetry evidence and concluded that while GRO may potentially have been affected by the presence of HAM at Turn 16, he was not impeded."

The reasoning seems to be that he affected RoGro without impeding him, so he clearly helped Grosjean, GRO is a very lucky boy he is not being penalized for receiving outside assistance from HAM!

I think "beyond belief" would cover it nicely.
A Frenchman won a tough mountain stage of the Tour de France last week, two of his closest rivals were penalised for infringing rules on taking food in the last 10k. It was then pointed out the winner had also infringed!
The stewards reviewed the situation and decided to rescind the penalties on the other two riders.

The decision was greeted with a degree of cynicism by unbiased commentators.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3751603)   #54
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FFS Grosjean should grow up as should all of F1. I thought these were supposed to be men not whingeing boys in the playground? In life things happen. Get over yourselves and get on with racing. "I was held up" is as good a way as any of covering "I was rubbish." Or am I just overtired and grumpy?

"Please sir, Sebastien drove at me."

"Sir, sir, Lewis tripped me up in the corridor."

Honestly, could you see Jack Brabham or Denny Hulme flailing their handbags around like that? And because of the absence of real life we lap it up like it really matters.

Regarding the "best car" chestnut, this is Formula 1. Do you think that von Brauchitsch or Carraciola worried they had the best cars on the planet? Did it make them any worse drivers? Fangio jumped ship on a regular basis to get the best car. What about Jim Clark who had the bespoke DFV? Or Mario Andretti with the ground effect 78/79? Unquestionably the best cars but we didn't get this bull then.

Me? I just enjoy watching great drivers in great cars. I don't follow the soap opera you're all building up, but will probably dip into the GP today to watch the cars. If you want to see a "level playing field" then follow GP2 or Renault Clios, F1 is all about engineering excellence.

There, I think I've upset most people. My work here is done.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 16 Jul 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3751608)   #55
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think a section of the grid are whinging crybaby prima donnas. The same can be applied to premier league footballers, but it manifests itself in a different way in football.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3751609)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Me? I just enjoy watching great drivers in great cars. I don't follow the soap opera you're all building up, but will probably dip into the GP today to watch the cars.

Well said Max. The fact that the cars can take Copse flat (but some chose to drop a gear) and are then on full throttle all the way to the braking point for Stowe is enough to get me watching. Makes any lap of Silverstone I've ever done look completely pedestrian.....
Old 16 Jul 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3751610)   #57
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Kimi runs into Hamilton. Vettel wins. Hamilton 11th. Kimi get's 2018 contract.

Sounds like a possible outcome you think??

Old 16 Jul 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3751611)   #58
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think that there was no need for Wolff to say what he said about Grosjean, anyway that was back in 2012 when he had all the incidents he's matured now. That said I see what happened as just one of those things and not much Lewis could do in that situation
Old 16 Jul 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3751612)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The world (and Ten Tenths) is full of conspiracy theories......
Old 16 Jul 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3751615)   #60
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
FFS Grosjean should grow up as should all of F1. I thought these were supposed to be men not whingeing boys in the playground? In life things happen. Get over yourselves and get on with racing. "I was held up" is as good a way as any of covering "I was rubbish." Or am I just overtired and grumpy?

Honestly, could you see Jack Brabham or Denny Hulme flailing their handbags around like that? And because of the absence of real life we lap it up like it really matters.

Regarding the "best car" chestnut, this is Formula 1. Do you think that von Brauchitsch or Carraciola worried they had the best cars on the planet? Did it make them any worse drivers? Fangio jumped ship on a regular basis to get the best car. What about Jim Clark who had the bespoke DFV? Or Mario Andretti with the ground effect 78/79? Unquestionably the best cars but we didn't get this bull then.

Me? I just enjoy watching great drivers in great cars. I don't follow the soap opera you're all building up, but will probably dip into the GP today to watch the cars. If you want to see a "level playing field" then follow GP2 or Renault Clios, F1 is all about engineering excellence.

What do you know, stick to historic racing, we are used to your sort there.

Please read the signature below.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3751644)   #61
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah what do I know? :ROFL: I can't see your signature on Tapatalk I reckon it must be "You're a miserable B'Stard Max."

It's not popular to say this but these cars are un-be-lievable. 150mph on that circuit from that size engine and using that little fuel? Let's not forget the actual displacement is less than most family cars. Truly magnificent pieces of technology. I do wish there was more talk about the positives of these marvellous machines and not just whingeing that they're a bit quiet. Talk about focussing on the wrong thing!

They've just played the the Grosjean whinge on C4, I have to say his engineer didn't seem overwhelmed by his comments on the radio.

Old 16 Jul 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3751674)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The start's been waived off as Palmer's car stops on the grass verge, with a brake by wire issue.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3751677)   #63
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz goes off after a tangle with Kvyat and it brings out the first FCY.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3751680)   #64
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kyvat: "He just turned into me"
What an idiot. You were totally out of control there was no one turning into you.

Max what a move on the outside. Probably wouldn't have happened if slow Kimi wasn't in the way holding Vettel up, but outside there on lap 1... no one did that move in the support races!

I hope there's some passing or rain coming, I don't need to see Hammy cruise to a win.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3751696)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Vettel into the pits. He couldn't get past Verstappen, so Ferrari are trying this instead and it paid off.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3751723)   #66
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the blisters on ocon's front tyres... crikey.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3751724)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bottas overtakes Vettel and is up to third.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3751731)   #68
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
What bad luck for Kimi, that will bump Vettel up to third.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3751735)   #69
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Now Vettel has a puncture and has to pit. Lewis could be leading the championship.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:34 (Ref:3751738)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Lewis, on four British GP wins in a row and his fifth over all and congrats to Mercedes on a 1, 2.

Got to feel sorry for Kimi, he drove a faultless race until he got that puncture.

It all came alive on the last 2 laps.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:55 (Ref:3751750)   #71
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well said. I think this could apply to a lot of the rubbish I see posted on several forums.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 14:06 (Ref:3751757)   #72
midgetman
Veteran

Well that was proper motor sport. Overtaking. Robust defence. Triumph and tears. And awesome speed, some of those shots you could really see how fast the cars were going. So glad I watched it.

Old 16 Jul 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3751764)   #73
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Great race, with real drama on the last few laps
Old 16 Jul 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3751834)   #74
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky ask if BRDC are watching the HamIlton / crowd interaction and understanding what it means. I doubt it they are probably busy quaffing Champagne and contgratulating themselves. ..
Old 16 Jul 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3751872)   #75
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Most records are easy when you have the best car.

Fangio, drove in less World Championship races than any modern driver, because there were far fewer in the '50's, but he won 50% of them.
When will THAT record be beaten?
I'm not sure if my post got people riled up, but I wasn't asking about records or trying to discredit anyone for having the best car. More wondering if people view someone like ricciardo, who improves his spots from qualifying more so than others as better or the ones that put it up front and stay there more often. It wasn't trying to pick an argument between drivers.

Was a fun race. Bottas is a serious contender at this point. Got to wonder if the bits Ferrari were forced to take off before last race means its back to Mercedes being a clear #1. Something about a flexible underbody piece or something? And maybe using oil in the fuel was mentioned abput Ferrari too.

Always fun watching verstappen when he's close to others. Once it's all.spread out, he can't show what he can do as much. His fight with vettel was great.