Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Sep 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2960068)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Currently I'd rate Schumacher behind Vettel and Alonso, but ahead of Button, I believe he would out qualify Button, and out race him.
So you'd have to (currently) put him ahead of Hamilton too then?
Old 23 Sep 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2960098)   #27
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Where does Rosberg fit in to all of this? Is he better than Button and Hamilton?

Schumacher recently praised Button after the Italian GP:

"Even if maybe he is two per cent below the level of his peak, he (Button) is still a phenomenal talent," said Schumacher, according to SID news agency.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/173054/...ion_again.html
Old 24 Sep 2011, 01:34 (Ref:2960249)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That link bothers me Scott...
Old 24 Sep 2011, 02:16 (Ref:2960258)   #29
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
So you'd have to (currently) put him ahead of Hamilton too then?
Hamilton would outqualify Schumacher on current form, but Schumacher would make less mistakes and I believe outrace him as Button has done this year. (Remember Button is also carrying two DNFs due to team errors.)

Rosberg is currently out performing Schumacher, so I would rate him third behind Vettel(1), Alonso(2), Rosberg(3), Schumacher(4), Button(5), Hamilton(6). This represents their ability to score GP results, not just raw qualifying pace. On raw pace I would rate Hamilton second behind Vettel, but that is not all it takes to win a GP since DRS happily made overtaking possible, and not qualifying and reliability the only determinants of success.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2960678)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Rosberg is currently out performing Schumacher, so I would rate him third behind Vettel(1), Alonso(2), Rosberg(3), Schumacher(4), Button(5), Hamilton(6).
There is no way i'd put Rosberg or Schumacher ahead of Button this season.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2960779)   #31
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
There is no way i'd put Rosberg or Schumacher ahead of Button this season.
Indeed. Because then you would have to wonder where Hamilton rates.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2960815)   #32
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Indeed. Because then you would have to wonder where Hamilton rates.
I'd put it at...

Vettel

Alonso/Button

Webber/Hamilton

Rosberg

Schumacher
Old 25 Sep 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2960816)   #33
Mr V
Veteran

England
After the race (during the F1 forum i believe it was), Martin Brundle said that Michael had had 3 good races, in Canada, Spa and Monza. True, but what about the other 11? I can't help feeling that had his name not been Schumacher, and had he been driving for Renault, STR or HRT, he'd have been out on his ear by now, especially after todays "misjudgment".
Old 26 Sep 2011, 02:04 (Ref:2960940)   #34
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
After the race (during the F1 forum i believe it was), Martin Brundle said that Michael had had 3 good races, in Canada, Spa and Monza. True, but what about the other 11? I can't help feeling that had his name not been Schumacher, and had he been driving for Renault, STR or HRT, he'd have been out on his ear by now, especially after todays "misjudgment".
As would Hamilton, probably Massa and Webber too....

Schumacher was on for 6th place today and more than likely in front of Nico. This result was a shame for Michael as he could have easily ended up as the lead Mercedes driver in the championship.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 03:27 (Ref:2960946)   #35
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Or he could just be a pay driver braking ridiculously early for a corner ...
Old 26 Sep 2011, 04:48 (Ref:2960958)   #36
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Or he could just be a pay driver braking ridiculously early for a corner ...
...clutching at straws...
Old 27 Sep 2011, 11:08 (Ref:2961584)   #37
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
...clutching at straws...
To be fair Perez is going to be good, he was oddly slow and in a strange position for that corner.
The gap that Schumacher went for appeared to be there, but Perez was on the clamps very early.
Easy to get caught!
Old 27 Sep 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2961645)   #38
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
To be fair Perez is going to be good, he was oddly slow and in a strange position for that corner.
The gap that Schumacher went for appeared to be there, but Perez was on the clamps very early.
Easy to get caught!
This is what I think happened...
Old 27 Sep 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2961712)   #39
Mr V
Veteran

England
Surely the stewards had access to all data, yet they felt the need to reprimand Michael???
Old 28 Sep 2011, 00:19 (Ref:2961961)   #40
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Surely the stewards had access to all data, yet they felt the need to reprimand Michael???
The stewards being paragons of consistency and accuracy.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2961967)   #41
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
In all fairness though, I think it's not an easy job..
Old 29 Sep 2011, 02:20 (Ref:2962365)   #42
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
The stewards being paragons of consistency and accuracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
In all fairness though, I think it's not an easy job..
The point i was trying to make is, you two believe (from what i can make out) that Perez braked early catching Micheal out. I was merely pointing out that the stewards would have looked at the telemetry and as Michael was reprimanded, i'd say that Sergio didn't brake early.
Old 29 Sep 2011, 04:52 (Ref:2962389)   #43
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
The point i was trying to make is, you two believe (from what i can make out) that Perez braked early catching Micheal out. I was merely pointing out that the stewards would have looked at the telemetry and as Michael was reprimanded, i'd say that Sergio didn't brake early.

Easy to get caught!

The above looked to me to be what happened, even on a replay.
I understood the stewards only got telemetry in matters that went to appeal. Quite where they get some of their decisions from though, I just don't know, both penalising the innocent and letting the clearly guilty off!
Besides there are no avenues of appeal open to question their decisions and no written accounts of the reasoning behind how they come to them.
It is a very amateurish system in a very professional sport.

http://www.grandprix.com/columns/mau...riorities.html

The thought of unshuffling the pack behind the safety car would seem to compound the unfairness of closing the pack up on the leader.

Last edited by wnut; 29 Sep 2011 at 05:08.