2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Sep 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2961132)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
They could make it a better race by removing some of those needless kerbs that provide artificial barriers for the track boundries. Several corners could be made much quicker and more flowing if those kerbs in the middle of no where were moved back or removed completely.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2961136)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I agree turn ten is stupid...
Old 26 Sep 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2961167)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think its a gorgeous city, thousands of years old with a combination of several eastern religions resulting in an amazing blend of culture and architecture spanning that whole length of time.

under the lights the cars look surreal so the race is always a 10 for me in terms of spectacle and i actually found myself very entertained for the most part. my heart literally stopped when Schumi hit the back of Perez and the race director cut to the wrong angle. perhaps the most nervous/anxious moment of the year for me.

gave it an 8 but i like shiny things.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 14:46 (Ref:2961177)   #29
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some of the drivers have gone on the record as saying the race was too long. It very nearly hits the 2 hours limit. I think if they got rid of some of the chicanes and changed some of the corners that might help it. Plus improve the flow.

Singapore is better than Valencia, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. Still not the greatest race track to race on. The tunnel section provides some novelty. I would love to see a wet race there. Although, do you think it would be stopped?
Old 26 Sep 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2961195)   #30
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Some of the drivers have gone on the record as saying the race was too long. It very nearly hits the 2 hours limit. I think if they got rid of some of the chicanes and changed some of the corners that might help it. Plus improve the flow.

Singapore is better than Valencia, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. Still not the greatest race track to race on. The tunnel section provides some novelty. I would love to see a wet race there. Although, do you think it would be stopped?
Only if there were three drops of rain, two would be fine
Old 26 Sep 2011, 23:43 (Ref:2961425)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
They love their race in Singapore which I think is the main thing...

I was there many years ago and it is a fascinating city..
Old 27 Sep 2011, 02:04 (Ref:2961452)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I finally got to see race and it wasn't particularly exciting. Webber's overtakes were the best bit. I don't know what's up with Hamilton but he's really lost his composure, while Button seems to be thriving. Gave it 5.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2961651)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Mark explains how tough Singapore is for the drivers..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/form...e/15015576.stm
Old 27 Sep 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2961677)   #34
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Only if there were three drops of rain, two would be fine
Hehehehehe. I was referring to the fact, that the drainage in Singapore might be a problem. Especially with the high walls and tunnel section. Plus I can imagine it would be like a monsoon.

I can see it now :-

Lewis on the radio : "Yeah everything is fine we can race." (Crashes into someone on the following lap).

Jenson on the radio : "I can't see a thing!" (Manages to win the race).
Old 3 Oct 2011, 10:52 (Ref:2964819)   #35
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me, Singapore is one of the few races that I would enjoy even if they would just drive in the same position from lights to flag. Only Monaco, Spa and Suzuka would do so aswell. Add that they did change positions quite a few times in more or less dramatic style, and I will give it an 8.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2966629)   #36
3point0v8
Rookie

3point0v8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
To me, Singapore is one of the few races that I would enjoy even if they would just drive in the same position from lights to flag. Only Monaco, Spa and Suzuka would do so aswell. Add that they did change positions quite a few times in more or less dramatic style, and I will give it an 8.
Yeah, I would happily sit there and watch 2 hours of in-car footage on a street circuit, with no overtaking. Just spectacular. Though nothing beats Monaco for that IMO.