Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Sep 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2956393)   #26
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So what do you guys think, does the Porkie hybrid finish ahead of the entire GT2 field this time round? They weren't quite up to the pace at PLM last year but in Zhuhai they beat every other GT car out there (GT1/GT2/GT3)
There's a good amount of heavy braking here which ought to be good for the KERS... not sure whether it'll finish ahead of the whole GT2 field, but it will be well up it if it has a clean run.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2956418)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
There's a good amount of heavy braking here which ought to be good for the KERS... not sure whether it'll finish ahead of the whole GT2 field, but it will be well up it if it has a clean run.
The car is pretty different than last years model iirc. I don't remember what the specific updates were, but I remember hearing something about it.

I wonder how many more laps it can do vs the GTE's on a fuel stint? That will ultimately determine its finishing order, as I think the pace will be similar to the GTE's.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2956419)   #28
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The car is pretty different than last years model iirc. I don't remember what the specific updates were, but I remember hearing something about it.

I wonder how many more laps it can do vs the GTE's on a fuel stint?
It did Zhuhai last year on 4 stops when every other GT car needed at least 5 stops, but... this year the new Ferrari has on occasion done 6-hour races on only 4 fuel stops (see AF Corse's run at Silverstone this year). Also at the Nurburgring 24h this year I'm pretty sure it did the same as last year (10-lap fuel runs).
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2956421)   #29
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any idea if Oryx will have a 3rd driver ?

Why is it , for the enduros , Dyson always have one car with 3 drivers , and one with 2 drivers ? I expect Orxy will have a 3rd driver , as PLM is a long one , especially for Kane and his boss .

How about Kane-Masood-Kane !!!
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2956422)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
AMR in fourth after first practice.
1.7 seconds behind Cytosport.
I wonder if G H-C will complain and lobby for adjustments, as they've spent too much money...
I don't think they'll be that far behind by the end of the next sessions...perhaps its wishful thinking with having another LMP involved, but at least they are quicker than Autocon and Level 5.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2956423)   #31
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Why is it , for the enduros , Dyson always have one car with 3 drivers , and one with 2 drivers ? I expect Orxy will have a 3rd driver , as PLM is a long one , especially for Kane and his boss .

Butch Leitzinger will be the 3rd driver for the #20. Jay Cochran will be the 3rd driver for the #16.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2956424)   #32
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Oryx have already announced Leitzinger for PLM.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2956425)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still would like to see Butch, Smith and Kane in one car....
Old 16 Sep 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2956426)   #34
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Oryx have already announced Leitzinger for PLM.
Butch will be racing at Laguna as well. At least that is the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Still would like to see Butch, Smith and Kane in one car....
That would be an awesome lineup. I'm a little surprised that Butch is in the #20 and Cochran in the #16, but maybe Cochran had a specific deal before the season. I think the #16 may struggle to fend off the #20 these next two races especially if Humaid continues to make progress. It's a little surprising that they would set things up that way, but I guess the #16 has a pretty good grip on the championship at the moment so they can afford to take the risk.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2956439)   #35
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'm a little surprised that Butch is in the #20 and Cochran in the #16, but maybe Cochran had a specific deal before the season. I think the #16 may struggle to fend off the #20 these next two races especially if Humaid continues to make progress. It's a little surprising that they would set things up that way, but I guess the #16 has a pretty good grip on the championship at the moment so they can afford to take the risk.
It is all about the money coming to the team. Cochran seems to have a deal to run the #16, Humaid pays for #20 and dictates who is in that car.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2956445)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
It is all about the money coming to the team. Cochran seems to have a deal to run the #16, Humaid pays for #20 and dictates who is in that car.
The #20 is run by Oryx Dyson Racing, not Dyson Oryx, so that should tell us who makes the decisions for that car. Although I wonder if Oryx has hired personnel familiar to Dyson.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2956448)   #37
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
The #20 is run by Oryx Dyson Racing, not Dyson Oryx, so that should tell us who makes the decisions for that car. Although I wonder if Oryx has hired personnel familiar to Dyson.
It's Humaid's party and he will do what he wants to do, but I'm guessing the Leitzinger suggestion came from Dyson and not from him unless he was well versed in Dyson's history. Or maybe Butch begged him. Anyway, I'm thinking the "Oryx" part is mainly Humaid's money and stuff (Kane included) while the "Dyson" part is the operational side of the program. That's just a guess though, maybe Humaid has some of his people (aside from Kane) working at the team.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 15:40 (Ref:2956451)   #38
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Is the ALMS site down for anyone else? I haven't been able to get it to come up for a few hours now.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2956453)   #39
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Is the ALMS site down for anyone else? I haven't been able to get it to come up for a few hours now.
Yeah, I think it has been down for a couple of hours now. It was working fine earlier this morning (about 4 hours ago).
Old 16 Sep 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2956503)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Practice has started for all classes
Old 16 Sep 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2956507)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So , your tryin to tell me that the #20 car is crewed by staff other than Dyson's crew ?

I take it , Orxy is placed in front of Dyson , to show who fronts the wedge for it , as well as to expose the team name for future efforts . Im quite sure that Dyson engineers it , manages it and does everything else to it apart from say who drives it . Leitzinger was probably suggested by Dyson .

Leitzinger , great to see him back , brilliant driver with a brilliant helmet .

I thought he had retired . then he apeared in the cup class and now back to Oryx/Dyson .
Old 16 Sep 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2956510)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
So , your tryin to tell me that the #20 car is crewed by staff other than Dyson's crew ?

I take it , Orxy is placed in front of Dyson , to show who fronts the wedge for it , as well as to expose the team name for future efforts . Im quite sure that Dyson engineers it , manages it and does everything else to it apart from say who drives it . Leitzinger was probably suggested by Dyson .
I was trying to say that the guy who paid to name the team Oryx Dyson Racing probably decides who drives with him. And I was wondering if he brought any other personnel with him other than drivers and Presidents (ie $).

1st red flag, looks like a Jag with mechanical issues.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2956518)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Practice has started for all classes
...and I see the 007 is at the top of the sheets with a 1:15.689.

How does that compare to the morning (or earlier) session times?

Edit: 16 Dyson at top.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2956519)   #44
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I don't think they'll be that far behind by the end of the next sessions...perhaps its wishful thinking with having another LMP involved, but at least they are quicker than Autocon and Level 5.
I think Muscle Milk Racing will be quite a bit quicker at both Laguna and Rd ATL. Muscle Milk has done a bit of development on the car, while AMR is running the stock Lola stuff. Not to mention that the AMR car has been sitting around a while.

EDIT... I stand corrected. I just saw the latest session's times.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2956589)   #45
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is there Radio lemans for this? why is there a red flag. Its laguna seca...theres nothing to hit except other cars.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2956594)   #46
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Is there Radio lemans for this? why is there a red flag. Its laguna seca...theres nothing to hit except other cars.
I don't know about the red, ALMS Notes isn't providing updates for this session so far I don't think.

As for RLM, no, not for this session. Technically, RLM does not do ALMS anymore, but the audio feed of Hindy and Graham Tyler's video commentary for qualifying and the race will be live on the ALMS website under the ALMS radio link.

Last edited by AGD; 16 Sep 2011 at 21:46.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2956609)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
but the audio feed of Hindy and Graham Tyler's video commentary --
It's Hindy and Jeremy Shaw actually. Wish it was Tyler thou, one of my favourites from good ol' FIA GT years

For once the Bimmers aren't sanbagging in practice...
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2956615)   #48
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

For once the Bimmers aren't sanbagging in practice...

BMW's are in another time zone.
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2956616)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
There's plenty of other things to hit, especially at turn 6; tis rare to get into the tires, but you just got to make the right run at it. Also, plenty of gravel to get trapped in.

q'ing session starting in a little less than 15 minutes, btw.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 16 Sep 2011 at 22:16. Reason: or 15 minutes
Old 16 Sep 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2956618)   #50
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
That Porsche flybrid ist getting down to bussiness...I think Romain wants to spoil der BMW parade this weekend.