Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 8 Dec 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2596199)   #1
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica Patrick's NASCAR Announcement

Danica Patrick has just "formally" announced from GoDaddy's headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona that she has just signed a deal with Jr. Motorsports in the Nationwide Series for the 2010 season in the #7 car with a limited schedule.

February 6th, Danica will run in the ARCA race at Daytona.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2596203)   #2
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
She will be testing at Daytona in an ARCA on December 18th-20th.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2596204)   #3
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Tony Eury Jr. will be her crew chief.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2596223)   #4
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Here is her Nationwide Series Car..

Old 8 Dec 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2596227)   #5
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
And a picture of her infamous racing suit..

Old 8 Dec 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2596236)   #6
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Tony Eury Jr. will be her crew chief.
Oh dear....
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 8 Dec 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2596243)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Think you should have posted in the Nascar forum rather than the DanicaFan forum, dude.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2596337)   #8
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Think you should have posted in the Nascar forum rather than the DanicaFan forum, dude.
I made a post in there too, but Danica is still a full-time IndyCar driver so I posted it here as well.

Oh, and johntt, I agree. Im not to thrilled about Tony Eury as crew chief.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2596339)   #9
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
And a picture of her infamous racing suit..

If you read my post DF, you will see that I came out in support of it !! It just needed some flames to liven it up a bit.
And Danica looks hot, and can send me a Christmas card to show her thanks for my support.
I wish her good luck in the Nationwides, but those guys play dirty so I think her infamous temper will be tested there buddy.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2596429)   #10
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Jr, Dale Jr, Danica... What a right old combination of personalities that will be! Should be lots of fun. Jr and Jr and troubles communicating and sometimes ended up in shouting matches because of Dale Jr's inability to react to the changes of the car. Considering Danica's temper we should get some very good tv, unless she remembers to bite her toung and not make a fool out of herself
Old 9 Dec 2009, 03:07 (Ref:2596445)   #11
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Do not forget that at Daytona, often even for the ARCA race, there are more cars than positions. No question Hendrick builds great restrictor cars but you have to pedal them quickly.
I can see a good chance she won't make the cut. She has never driven a taxi cab and will have little test time from what I have seen. She also has never driven the full oval at Daytona and from her sports car experience at Daytona seemed to have trouble to adapting different car than what she was used to.
It will be interesting. Them good ol' boys can play rough if they even think they are being blocked.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2596584)   #12
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somehow, the orange and green don't look well together on this car - and neither do they on the IndyCar. But on her racing suit, they look good. Why is that?

Will she run in a roadcourse event of the Nationwide Series? Such a race would be interesting - especially if it were Sonoma.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2596635)   #13
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin View Post
Do not forget that at Daytona, often even for the ARCA race, there are more cars than positions. No question Hendrick builds great restrictor cars but you have to pedal them quickly.
I can see a good chance she won't make the cut. She has never driven a taxi cab and will have little test time from what I have seen. She also has never driven the full oval at Daytona and from her sports car experience at Daytona seemed to have trouble to adapting different car than what she was used to.
It will be interesting. Them good ol' boys can play rough if they even think they are being blocked.
I don't think she'll miss the cut. As long as you have a good car, Daytona isn't a difficult track to drive.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2596686)   #14
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What? No Chrome horn on this car?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2596744)   #15
instant classic
Rookie

France
France
instant classic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin View Post
very very very good point
Old 9 Dec 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2596954)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Somehow, the orange and green don't look well together on this car - and neither do they on the IndyCar. But on her racing suit, they look good. Why is that?
different chassis?
Old 11 Dec 2009, 00:55 (Ref:2597606)   #17
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Classic fieldofdreams79

She's no ugly Dallara is she mate, shes like a shiny new Ferrari, and probably as expensive to maintain
Old 12 Dec 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2598260)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
I wish her good luck in the Nationwides, but those guys play dirty so I think her infamous temper will be tested there buddy.
You can imagine her in the middle of the pack, three wide and very little room for maneuver. It could get very hot inside that helmet with all that black hair.

She does look very fetching in her 'infamous' racing suit.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 04:53 (Ref:2598326)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Listening to Sirius/XM NASCAR radio is certainly going to be intriguing after she starts running the races. It has already been daft enough following the confirmation of the deal, let alone after some racing!
Old 12 Dec 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2598508)   #20
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
I don't think she'll miss the cut. As long as you have a good car, Daytona isn't a difficult track to drive.
HAHA. You couldn't be further from the truth.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2598536)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Milka Duno is set to meet fellow IndyCar driver Danica Patrick in an upcoming ARCA test at Daytona International Speedway.

The Venezuelan will take part in the December 18-20 ARCA test driving for NASCAR Nationwide Series owner Todd Braun.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80547

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXDEPrIr9I
More of this in the near future?
Old 12 Dec 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2598544)   #22
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Get Duno off the track. She was a wrecking ball with 22 cars on the track, double that amount, and I'm terrified of what the results will be.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2598696)   #23
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
HAHA. You couldn't be further from the truth.
Not in qualifying. Racing at Daytona is a whole different matter. Because they don't have duel races in any other series, right?
Old 13 Dec 2009, 00:13 (Ref:2598715)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Not in qualifying. Racing at Daytona is a whole different matter. Because they don't have duel races in any other series, right?
your right, there are no q'ing races in the NW series but she and Tony Jr have to get the car right. she also will be going through the Daytona "awe" as everyone does their first time their (even the fans!). Daytona is bumpy, daunting and fast, even in q'ing. she'll qualify, if all falls into place. i see your point, but it ain't easy by any stretch, especialy not easy to go fast.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2598720)   #25
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

She has driven at Daytona in Grand Am. Just not the full oval.
So she does have an idea of what it is like. Adapting to the cars and the draft will be harder. She does not seem to like running real close to people for more than a lap or two. In the taxicabs that is what you have to do.