Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Sep 2006, 03:45 (Ref:1698984)   #1
fullSPEED
Rookie

fullSPEED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sony HD 500

On Saturday, the NASCAR Nextel Cup moves to California Speedway for the Sony HD 500. Just two more races until the end of the "regular" season and the beginning of the Chase for the Nextel Cup. Only Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth can rest easy on the last two races since they have secured the first and second place playoff spot. With 10 drivers still mathematically eligible, there is no margin for error for the likes of Carl Edwards and Greg Bifle.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1699401)   #2
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see kasey have a good race and think that his chances of doing so are pretty good. The thing that I don't like about the Chase format is many drivers are driving for the big picture (top 10) and not to win.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1699523)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Annoyingly, I won't see this live unless I want to go to work with no sleep. Dammit!
Old 2 Sep 2006, 01:40 (Ref:1699679)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Work with no sleep against not watching Nascar? Geeee priorities?
Old 2 Sep 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1700180)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm weighing it up!
Old 2 Sep 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1700192)   #6
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I'm weighing it up!
That's a tough one with the race starting around 1:00am your time. Perhaps you could go to bed about 9:00pm and get a few hours sleep beforehand.
Old 2 Sep 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1700197)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm unsure. I may just stay up and drink preposterous amounts of coffee.

But given I have an appointment at the opticians right after work....hmmmm....

Ah sod it, I'll hand in my notice at work instead.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 04:12 (Ref:1701183)   #8
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Kudos to Kahne. He did what was necessary. Gordon also had a strong car and would have been a threat for the win if not for the pit stop mishap. Jr also helped his cause considerably.

Burton, Martin, and Stewart now look to be vulnerable .
Old 4 Sep 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1701604)   #9
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, an Epic race there.

Kudos, also to Kahne for keeping his head down. Tough luck to the Ganassi boys who could have eeked a victory out there, but Kahne had one of the fastest cars today.

Typical Earnhardt luck, fast at everypoint except where he needed it most, and unlucky in strategy...
Old 4 Sep 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1701806)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, very good stuff.

I am knackered mind you....
Old 5 Sep 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1702225)   #11
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Sorenson had that...

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 5 Sep 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1702232)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Some think Reed had bad luck. I think the team made a bad call and lost.
Old 6 Sep 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1703235)   #13
StuiE
Veteran

On the tele with about 30-40 to go they said Reed was filled till the end, according to the post-race quotes the team knew of it all along, I thought it was a miscalculation, no so.

05 - Peter Brock
Old 6 Sep 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1703366)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Wait, so they were fuelled to the end and wanted a caution to make sure?
Old 6 Sep 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1703413)   #15
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Kahne. If he manages to make the chase, well done to him. He's putting up quite a fight. Still, it would be nice to see martin get in in his last ever season!
Old 7 Sep 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1704009)   #16
StuiE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Wait, so they were fuelled to the end and wanted a caution to make sure?
If they had a caution they probably could have made it, but the team knew that they wouldn't make it if it stayed green, however the commentary team had said they had enough to get to the end.

05 - Peter Brock