Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Oct 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3586138)   #151
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
There are a lot of actual problems with the V8s without trying to push false agendas and conspiracy theories.
There are a few members on this forum who push false agendas and conspiracy theories to talk up V8SC too..... there is still way too much barrow pushing around here....
Old 28 Oct 2015, 23:11 (Ref:3586295)   #152
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wish i had a barrow to push...
Old 31 Oct 2015, 01:15 (Ref:3586806)   #153
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, it is.

You bring this up every time and every time you are wrong. Cricket, football, tennis, basketball, baseball, netball all count crowds and release the numbers the same way.

Last year 6.9 million people went to the AFL? Did they count the same person more than once or were they unique individuals? Did everyone pay for a ticket? Did they not count season ticket holders?

Time to move on DRT. There are a lot of actual problems with the V8s without trying to push false agendas and conspiracy theories. It weakens your arguments and detracts from valid criticisms.
My issue was not so much cumulative crowd reporting but the process for collecting these numbers.

AFL, NRL, A-Leauge, Cricket, NBL etc sell season tickets or memberships to the public. They announce crowds who then walk through the gate and are at the game - not if you happen to hold a ticket for that game.

Eg. South Sydney have 35,000 ticketed members yet announced 1 crowd of over 35'000 all 2015 season

V8SC regardless of whether you attend, watching on TV or are asleep in bed - if you have a 4 day ticket you get counted to the 'official crowds', 4 times and lumped in the economic multipliers that V8SC are famous for.

A prime example of this was the auditor generals report into the v8sc Canberra 400 & Sydney 500 events
Old 31 Oct 2015, 03:32 (Ref:3586812)   #154
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
My issue was not so much cumulative crowd reporting but the process for collecting these numbers.

AFL, NRL, A-Leauge, Cricket, NBL etc sell season tickets or memberships to the public. They announce crowds who then walk through the gate and are at the game - not if you happen to hold a ticket for that game.

Eg. South Sydney have 35,000 ticketed members yet announced 1 crowd of over 35'000 all 2015 season

V8SC regardless of whether you attend, watching on TV or are asleep in bed - if you have a 4 day ticket you get counted to the 'official crowds', 4 times and lumped in the economic multipliers that V8SC are famous for.

A prime example of this was the auditor generals report into the v8sc Canberra 400 & Sydney 500 events
you comparing membership to ticket sales though. They are different things.

motosport does not really have a membership thing (starting to develop it though), it works on ticket sales. which funnily enough so does those sports, they dont consider a membership a sale to it is used though, but they combine that with those that buy tickets even if they dont attend

Just out of interest you have never questioned "Australia's International Endurance Race" numbers even though they use the same counting method, any reason you show a bias in this?

Last edited by peckstar; 31 Oct 2015 at 03:37.
Old 31 Oct 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3587005)   #155
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you comparing membership to ticket sales though. They are different things.
How so?

Do ticketed members not have access to all home games?
Old 1 Nov 2015, 06:38 (Ref:3587104)   #156
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
How so?

Do ticketed members not have access to all home games?
maybe, who can say, different levels of membership. some membership provides no ground admittance or maybe 1 game admittance

AFL teams have to pay a fee for ground hire which is based in part on the number of people who attend, thus attendance is counted by people who turn up

Motorsport do not pay this fee, nor do they have a membership base, They operate on tickets sold,

All solely ticketed events are counted this way, especially motorsport including the F1 GP and the bathurst 12 hour
Old 1 Nov 2015, 09:42 (Ref:3587166)   #157
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A number of V8 teams do have a membership program now, with the members getting a bit of team kit and generally a voucher for free entry for one day (or the entire race weekend) with it as well.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 11:18 (Ref:3587180)   #158
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
A number of V8 teams do have a membership program now, with the members getting a bit of team kit and generally a voucher for free entry for one day (or the entire race weekend) with it as well.
The voucher/free ticket , does that get counted as an attendee regardless of whether they go or not?
Old 1 Nov 2015, 11:21 (Ref:3587182)   #159
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
yes its just something new, The membership will be counted as a ticket when the voucher is turned into a ticket. It wont be counted before that point same as with AFL

Last edited by peckstar; 1 Nov 2015 at 11:31.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 02:26 (Ref:3587370)   #160
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just like when I have my V8 ute team hard pass and enter and leave the circuit 3 or 4 times during the same day. I am counted 4 times as a spectator. Great way to get the numbers up.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 2 Nov 2015, 02:50 (Ref:3587374)   #161
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
It's just like when I have my V8 ute team hard pass and enter and leave the circuit 3 or 4 times during the same day. I am counted 4 times as a spectator. Great way to get the numbers up.
Are you sure that you're counted each time?

If they're scanning the system shows the same barcode coming in and out so only counted the once.

If, as has been suggested, the number of cards issued to entered teams is what is used for the entry count, the number of times you come and go would make no difference.

In the other hand, if there's some kind of pass out system, they'd allow for that when you come back in as well.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 00:47 (Ref:3587690)   #162
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
No you not, you are counted once a day for each of the 3 days They dont even count the people as they go in and out, Its based on ticket sales and a hard pass is a 3 day ticket (assuming its a 3 day event)
Old 3 Nov 2015, 00:56 (Ref:3587691)   #163
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who really cares how they count, and how many times they count you during the same day. At the end of the day everyone knows the numbers are cooked to the max to make them look better than they are.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 01:05 (Ref:3587693)   #164
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a slightly related topic, if I walk into Coles and get a can of tomatoes, then go next door to Woolies, purchase a can of beans, and when walking out through the cashier aisle the buzzer doesn't go off, how does the system know I'm not stealing the can of tomatoes?

Is this system intelligence used in sport ticketing for the "pass-out" method?
Old 3 Nov 2015, 01:10 (Ref:3587694)   #165
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Who really cares how they count, and how many times they count you during the same day. At the end of the day everyone knows the numbers are cooked to the max to make them look better than they are.
As long as they are consistant in their approach, then it doesnt matter, well unless you have a long term vendetta against v8 supercars, then you get your panties in a twist over it
Old 3 Nov 2015, 06:43 (Ref:3587734)   #166
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
On a slightly related topic, if I walk into Coles and get a can of tomatoes, then go next door to Woolies, purchase a can of beans, and when walking out through the cashier aisle the buzzer doesn't go off, how does the system know I'm not stealing the can of tomatoes?

Is this system intelligence used in sport ticketing for the "pass-out" method?
Coles and Woolies don't electronically tag their beans. If you had of asked the the same question for K-Mart and Target the answer is...who cares.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3587940)   #167
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
If you had of asked the the same question for K-Mart and Target the answer is...who cares.
Well the answer would be... me, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question.

Just trying to think of a system that would allow pass outs without counting, so that these forums can go on without the constant bickering of ticket counting that is repetitive, utterly boring and detracting to actual discussions on interesting topics, and if the system is already available, why reinvent the wheel?
Old 3 Nov 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3587956)   #168
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Well the answer would be... me, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have asked the question.

Just trying to think of a system that would allow pass outs without counting, so that these forums can go on without the constant bickering of ticket counting that is repetitive, utterly boring and detracting to actual discussions on interesting topics, and if the system is already available, why reinvent the wheel?
Wouldnt that system be one where it didnt count in the first place or the data wasnt used for counting purposes.

Which is what we have because we cant ticket sales not who goes in and out of a venue
Old 3 Nov 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3587968)   #169
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Coles and Woolies don't electronically tag their beans. If you had of asked the the same question for K-Mart and Target the answer is...who cares.
Pretty much my feeling about the ticket numbers...
Old 4 Nov 2015, 01:25 (Ref:3587998)   #170
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This talk about scanning when you come in and out its NOTHING about the numbers reported, it is just about stopping people passing out with a bunch of tickets and bringing more people in... Storm in a tea cup.