Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 11 Aug 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3288480)   #26
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ambrose drives like a headless chicken in traffic. Give him clean air and he's a damn good driver but put him in traffic due to a bad pitstop and 9/10 times he'll get stuck and throw a sure-win away.

Reminds me a bit of Will Power.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3288486)   #27
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Ambrose drives like a headless chicken in traffic. Give him clean air and he's a damn good driver but put him in traffic due to a bad pitstop and 9/10 times he'll get stuck and throw a sure-win away.

Reminds me a bit of Will Power.
That is the first year I've seen him struggle to pass cars at Watkins Glen since 2007 so i'd say that car adjustment they did in the final stop was a dud, then the subsequent rear end failure finished him off.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3288491)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a big, stinking pile of crap.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3288503)   #29
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
That is the first year I've seen him struggle to pass cars at Watkins Glen since 2007 so i'd say that car adjustment they did in the final stop was a dud, then the subsequent rear end failure finished him off.
The rear end failure was just the nail in the coffin. As soon has he got back in traffic the whole thing unravelled, on the first restart after that stop he got shuffled in the middle while Montoya was making divebomb moves and had a good result.

Not sure why you'd make major changes to a car that was so good on the early run.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3288509)   #30
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree making the adjustment was a big risk and it didn't pay off considering how fast the #9 was compared to the #42 earlier in the race.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 01:10 (Ref:3288599)   #31
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I held my tongue but I knew Ambrose starting from pole meant that he wasn't going to win.

If he started from third or something he could've got used to the pack rough and tumble and he would've stood a good chance. He could've easily got a Nationwide ride and practiced being inside the pack. But starting from pole and leading all that distance he was always going to be cold if he got shuffled back during the stops or whatever..etc
Old 12 Aug 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3288633)   #32
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a disappointment - it all went pear shaped with Almirola bringing out the caution during green flag pit stops... Great drive by Kyle, he is a classy driver & i hope he goes close to winning the title!
Old 12 Aug 2013, 03:47 (Ref:3288637)   #33
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
So NASCAR still does not understand the concept of the "LOCAL YELLOW"?
Old 12 Aug 2013, 03:56 (Ref:3288641)   #34
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
So NASCAR still does not understand the concept of the "LOCAL YELLOW"?

People still don't understand that nascar don't do "LOCAL YELLOWS"
Old 12 Aug 2013, 04:04 (Ref:3288643)   #35
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No 9 was a B+ car put together by a B grade team - fancy a car on pole having chassis or running gear failure without hitting anything before he got whacked. Team must have some cockysh*t welders in there.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 05:51 (Ref:3288655)   #36
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aw jesus h christ, what a disappointment that was. The only race I bother to watch all year, so I can finally see a decent driver win a race, and it's a screw up. Indycar finally learned, after a number of years, that closing the pits during yellow does nothing but ruin anyone's races that actually has the talent to not burn through their fuel and tyres early. Not Nascar though, they'll still ruin drivers races simply because those are the nature of the rules.

But yeah I don't know how they went so far off with Ambrose' final stop. Might as well have left it how it was - he had no trouble passing Harvick earlier on for the lead. Make a change and suddenly he can't even get past Mears.

It is weird that on a road course you get someone like Ambrose being dominant, excluding Bowyer, 0.4s faster than the entire field in quali. Then anywhere else on the ovals, he'll be lucky to finish top 20 every time out. What does it say about this series? Seems like driver talent is a lot less important than most series. Franchitti's short lived Nascar career and Montoya are case and point. end rant.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 06:01 (Ref:3288657)   #37
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Ambrose also runs well at restrictor plate tracks, the type of track that requires the least amount of, at least physical, talent.