Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 10 Dec 2003, 21:51 (Ref:808729)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help with decals....

I bought off Toronto Motorsports a Paul Tracy 1/18 diecast, and decided to buy also the Player's decals so I could change them at home. Only problem is, how do I do it?
Does anyone know how to scrub the present decals in the car, if that's possible?
Old 10 Dec 2003, 22:21 (Ref:808769)   #2
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "proper" way would be to dis-assemble the model, strip the paint, and begin from there.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 23:42 (Ref:808828)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
uh-oh. There is no other way?
Old 11 Dec 2003, 14:11 (Ref:809263)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the adhesive backed decals, water transfer decals or some other method? If they are adhesive backed decals, use a hair dryer to gently warm them up and the adhesive should release. Clean the areas with alcohol afterwards to make sure all the old glue is gone. If they are water transfer decals, go to your local hobby shop and ask for a decal solvent called Solvs-It. Any competent static model shop will have this stuff or something similar. It is used to soften decals to make them contour to difficult surfaces, but it will also dissolve them over time.

If you decide to strip the model and repaint it, soak the model in Pine Sol for about 4 hours and all the paint should gum up and fall off. If the model is plastic be very careful as the Pine-Sol will eventually dissolve the plastic as well. Clean it off and scrub all the little crevices with an old toothbrush to get all the old paint and rinse the Pine-Sol off thoroughly.

Hope this helps.
Never forget #99
Old 11 Dec 2003, 14:35 (Ref:809283)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
They are water transfer decals, at least the ones I've put in the car already (in the areas where no previous decal was). I might go to the shop here in Vilafranca to see if they have that kind of product...