Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3751430)   #26
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Mega last lap from Hamilton........going to be a brave steward who gives Lewis a penalty for inhibiting Grosjean.....unless maybe they give him a half-second penalty......
Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3751431)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Mega last lap from Hamilton........going to be a brave steward who gives Lewis a penalty for inhibiting Grosjean.....unless maybe they give him a half-second penalty......
That was an incredible last lap, exciting stuff and probably more exciting than tomorrow's race. However Ferrari snuck in there with 2nd and 3rd, denying Mercedes the front row shut out.

I really hope Hamilton doesn't lose pole for inhibiting Grosjean. Personally, I didn't think he did and it would sour things.

Otherwise, what a great interview from Jenson Button.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3751432)   #28
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
going to be a brave steward who gives Lewis a penalty for inhibiting Grosjean.....unless maybe they give him a half-second penalty......
Why?

If that was worthy of a penalty, then they should give a penalty. If not, then not.
The fact that the driver is Hamilton, and the GP is in England should have no influence at all.
It should be the same as if the driver was Kvyat and the place was Budapest.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3751436)   #29
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
God damn it!!

Who the hell let Max's mechanic's work on Daniels' car?? Gearbox AND engine failure!

Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3751438)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
JB made the C4 coverage for me. And 150mph plus laps....

How long before we know if 'the incident' will result in a penalty or not?
Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:34 (Ref:3751441)   #31
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
The fact that the driver is Hamilton, and the GP is in England should have no influence at all.
Exactly. Just like Vettel being in the championship hunt shouldn't have had an influence in the decision made at Baku.. AND in Paris.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3751445)   #32
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
JB made the C4 coverage for me. And 150mph plus laps....

How long before we know if 'the incident' will result in a penalty or not?
Its sorted, Mike - Eddie Jordan has ruled on it
Old 15 Jul 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3751454)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Its sorted, Mike - Eddie Jordan has ruled on it
Of course, forgot EJ ruled on it in front of camera.....
Old 15 Jul 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3751455)   #34
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
No further action re the Hamilton and GrowJohn incident.

And so....

With a stunning time of +0.547sec quicker than his nearest rival, Hamilton equals Jim Clark’s record of 5 British GP pole positions, and also just one pole away from the all time pole position record of 68 poles held by M. Schumacher.

Perhaps the other drivers should have skipped the F1 Live event too??

Last edited by F1Guy; 15 Jul 2017 at 14:27.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3751457)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's good that he hasn't got a penalty, he couldn't have got out of the way without ruining his fast lap, so there was nothing he could do. That lap was the stuff of legends

And I agree, Jenson is a welcome addition to C4
Old 15 Jul 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3751459)   #36
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Both Hamilton and Perez should've been penalized for impeding. It's such a joke now.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3751471)   #37
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Right decision possibly made for the wrong reason. So common in life. That he is second in the championship should have no bearing on his guilt or innocence. I have to say, I didn't see that Grosjean was badly held up, but anyway, the stewards have access to way more information than we do, so I'm happy to let their decision stand.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3751472)   #38
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Switch the names and you can be certain the result would have been very different. "Now, Grosjean is tripping over somebody!" quickly changed when the broadcasters realized it was Hamilton that was in the way. That is both sad and pathetic. But I guess pointing this out on a British forum with primarily British users is a tremendously pointless waste of time and effort.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 15 Jul 2017 at 15:53.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3751476)   #39
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One more pole - and he equals Schumi's total. Funnily enough, I did foresee him every doing that. I always thought that Vettel would beat him to that, and beat Senna's record as well.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3751487)   #40
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
One more pole - and he equals Schumi's total. Funnily enough, I did foresee him every doing that. I always thought that Vettel would beat him to that, and beat Senna's record as well.
On that note, what does everyone consider a better indicator when judging greatness? A driver with more poles than wins or more wins than poles?

More poles means he's likely the fastest driver, but may makenmore mistakes or have bad luck with car issues or lack in racecraft.

More wins means he's likely not the fastest, could have the best team and strategists, more steady than impressive, but may have better racecraft.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3751488)   #41
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I do wonder if the roles were reversed if grosjean would get a penalty for possibly slowing Hamilton. Just like if it was someone besides vettel, or more specifically, someone not in title contention, would have gotten a bigger penalty at Baku. I think it's fair to say that the title race is beinf considered in some of these decisions. And I honestly dont know if it's such a bad thing. I'd rather it be settled on track with a little controversy than by the stewards with a little controversy.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3751510)   #42
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I do wonder if the roles were reversed if grosjean would get a penalty for possibly slowing Hamilton. Just like if it was someone besides vettel, or more specifically, someone not in title contention, would have gotten a bigger penalty at Baku. I think it's fair to say that the title race is beinf considered in some of these decisions. And I honestly dont know if it's such a bad thing
I respect your opinion, but I disagree on that.

If [random driver 1] does exactly this on [random driver 2], then IMO the judgement should be exactly the same
* if it was [random driver 1]'s home track
* if it was [random driver 2]'s home track
* it it was both drivers' home track
* if it was neither driver's home track
* if [random driver 1] was in the championship fight and the other wasn't
* if [random driver 2] was in the championship fight and the other wasn't
* if both were in the championship fight and the other wasn't
* if none were in the championship fight and the other wasn't

I think an action should be judged regardless of nationality and regardless of championship position.
An action is either right or wrong.

Hamilton doing it, or Ericsson (just picking a random name) doing it should get the same treatment.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3751512)   #43
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
This is F1 we're talking about. It's 'all about the show'........
Old 15 Jul 2017, 23:26 (Ref:3751542)   #44
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
To quote Toto Wolff: "There are some that moan all the time. They just continue moaning."

He further added: "If Romain Grosjean comes out and starts asking for penalties for other drivers, you should rather look at his track record. He should be happy he is driving in F1."

Well said Mr Wolff.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 00:16 (Ref:3751548)   #45
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
To quote Toto Wolff: "There are some that moan all the time. They just continue moaning."

He further added: "If Romain Grosjean comes out and starts asking for penalties for other drivers, you should rather look at his track record. He should be happy he is driving in F1."

Well said Mr Wolff.
Ziiinnnnggg!!!!

some people seem to have such short memories...
Old 16 Jul 2017, 01:41 (Ref:3751551)   #46
ASCII Man
Veteran

That was such a pathetic thing for Wolff to say, this entire affair is basically a big team bullying a smaller team because the stewards would never do anything to jeopardize the championship fight so they know they can get away with it, and they did. It's pathetic, and above all, sad.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 01:44 (Ref:3751552)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Ziiinnnnggg!!!!

some people seem to have such short memories...
Bazinga!
Old 16 Jul 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3751555)   #48
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Switch the names and you can be certain the result would have been very different. "Now, Grosjean is tripping over somebody!" quickly changed when the broadcasters realized it was Hamilton that was in the way. That is both sad and pathetic. But I guess pointing this out on a British forum with primarily British users is a tremendously pointless waste of time and effort.
The stewards ruling:

"The Stewards examined video and telemetry evidence and concluded that while GRO may potentially have been affected by the presence of HAM at Turn 16, he was not impeded."

The reasoning seems to be that he affected RoGro without impeding him, so he clearly helped Grosjean, GRO is a very lucky boy he is not being penalized for receiving outside assistance from HAM!

I think "beyond belief" would cover it nicely.

Last edited by wnut; 16 Jul 2017 at 02:59.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3751578)   #49
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Not entirely. , believe me.
Old 16 Jul 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3751582)   #50
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
On that note, what does everyone consider a better indicator when judging greatness? A driver with more poles than wins or more wins than poles?

More poles means he's likely the fastest driver, but may makenmore mistakes or have bad luck with car issues or lack in racecraft.

More wins means he's likely not the fastest, could have the best team and strategists, more steady than impressive, but may have better racecraft.
Most records are easy when you have the best car.

Fangio, drove in less World Championship races than any modern driver, because there were far fewer in the '50's, but he won 50% of them.
When will THAT record be beaten?