Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3755941)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a clean start, with the Ferrari's line astern, however there was that coming together with Verstappen an Ricciardo and then my lap top crashed. Apparently Verstappen has a 10 second pit penalty.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3755971)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Verstappen pits and serves his 10 second penalty. Apart from that first lap incident, he drove really well looking after his tyres.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3755973)   #28
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rb team debrief might be a bit frosty...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jul 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3755975)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Mercedes let Hamilton past Bottas.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3756003)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Vettel and congrats to Ferrari on getting a 1-2. I understand Kimi's frustration but Vettel is the championship contender.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3756007)   #31
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
And all credit to Lewis for giving the place back - it must have hurt......
Old 30 Jul 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3756011)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
And all credit to Lewis for giving the place back - it must have hurt......
I don't understand why he gave it back, that means fewer points.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3756019)   #33
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Surely there was a cause on safety rounds to allow Paul 10-15 minutes on track by himself before quali to familiarise himself with the car?? Or even before the race begins even??
Apart from being no time on the timetable, it wouldn't allow the proper maintenance on the car.

Why do you think Williams should be given such an advantage anyway? They 80% knew Massa would pull out but they still allowed him all FP3 instead of putting Di Resta in then.

Di Resta qualified by having a licence and taking part in one practice session.

If Williams had any common sense they would have run Di Resta in FP3 and then Massa in qualifying.

If, as expected, Massa felt too poorly then Di Resta would have started just one place lower but with four times the experience in the car!
Old 30 Jul 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3756021)   #34
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Verstappen pits and serves his 10 second penalty. Apart from that first lap incident, he drove really well looking after his tyres.
can someone explain to me why Max gets a 10 sec penalty for this and Bottas did not get penalties for knocking out Kimi and Max in Barcelona en driving into Kimi in Baku?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9sxE25nhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIK5EMctDLE

Last edited by steve nielsen; 30 Jul 2017 at 14:31.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3756027)   #35
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
can someone explain to me why Max gets a 10 sec penalty for this and Bottas did not get penalties for knocking out Kimi and Max in Barcelona en driving into Kimi in Baku?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9sxE25nhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIK5EMctDLE

Bottas was alongside Raikkonen, and hit the curb on the inside of the turn, which slammed him into Raikkonen.
Verstappen tried a divebomb, braked to late, and locked his brakes in the process.

very unsimilar incidents.

The Barcelona was just a three-wide racing incident.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3756033)   #36
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
Bottas was alongside Raikkonen, and hit the curb on the inside of the turn, which slammed him into Raikkonen.
Verstappen tried a divebomb, braked to late, and locked his brakes in the process.

very unsimilar incidents.

The Barcelona was just a three-wide racing incident.
nonsense, similar incidents, but the stewards seem to have their favorites
Old 30 Jul 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3756042)   #37
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I believe there was an agreement that if Lewis couldn't pass a Ferrari he would give the position back. You can argue that Bottas couldn't pass for the same reason Lewis couldn't and you could argue Lewis (even if faster) may not have been able to pass Bottas. Kudos to Lewis.

Richard
Old 30 Jul 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3756046)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I believe there was an agreement that if Lewis couldn't pass a Ferrari he would give the position back. You can argue that Bottas couldn't pass for the same reason Lewis couldn't and you could argue Lewis (even if faster) may not have been able to pass Bottas. Kudos to Lewis.

Richard
Very magnanimous of Lewis but he may regret losing out on those extra points, later on this season.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3756050)   #39
midnight_lurker
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark
midnight_lurker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hulkenberg interrupted Magnussen in the live post race interviews and reprimanded Kevin for the incident.
Kevins answer (still on live tv) was: "suck my balls, man"

It can't be long before it is on youtube...

NOT the Best choice of words, but I can understand the reason.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3756051)   #40
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Very magnanimous of Lewis but he may regret losing out on those extra points, later on this season.
I don't know that he will regret it. I think in his mind. He was only ever going to finish 1,2, or 4th. He was not entitled to 3rd since it was clear that Bottas let Lewis past and that Lewis would never have passed Bottas on merit. Too difficult to pass.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3756056)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I don't know that he will regret it. I think in his mind. He was only ever going to finish 1,2, or 4th. He was not entitled to 3rd since it was clear that Bottas let Lewis past and that Lewis would never have passed Bottas on merit. Too difficult to pass.
Those few point could make the difference to winning or losing the WDC.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3756066)   #42
midnight_lurker
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark
midnight_lurker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_lurker View Post
Hulkenberg interrupted Magnussen in the live post race interviews and reprimanded Kevin for the incident.
Kevins answer (still on live tv) was: "suck my balls, man"

It can't be long before it is on youtube...

NOT the Best choice of words, but I can understand the reason.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCf_IV2ZdQ

I am (kind of) ok with the 5 second penalty for Magnussen. I just don't see how hulkenberg can hit Grosjean in turn one, with Lotus of space on the inside, and then get so angry with what Kevin did..

After all he didn't hit him, and left the choice to hulkenberg to either back off or go on the grass.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3756087)   #43
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Those few point could make the difference to winning or losing the WDC.
They could, but if that happens and he manages to continue his growing appearance of understanding magnanimity then it'll do his legacy the world of good.

Brilliance with petulance growing into brilliance, experience, magnanimity and gentlemanly conduct. Quite pleasant to see, IMO.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3756088)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
nonsense, similar incidents, but the stewards seem to have their favorites
They are different situations. Not least because Honey Badger was very fair and left space for good racing.

I'm not sure I'd have penalised him, but you're paranoid if you think the steward are playing favourites.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3756096)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
They could, but if that happens and he manages to continue his growing appearance of understanding magnanimity then it'll do his legacy the world of good.

Brilliance with petulance growing into brilliance, experience, magnanimity and gentlemanly conduct. Quite pleasant to see, IMO.
The magnanimity, makes a welcome change.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3756106)   #46
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They are different situations. Not least because Honey Badger was very fair and left space for good racing.

I'm not sure I'd have penalised him, but you're paranoid if you think the steward are playing favourites.
i tend to agree. And if anything Verstappen has been the favourite.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3756107)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The magnanimity, makes a welcome change.
Yep, sporting behaviour. Good to see.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3756117)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Read my post again. I said...

If you're going to nitpick at someone's post, at least read the post accurately!
So reading the post again, I see the sentence:

'It's also beyond belief that in this crazy age of F1 safety - that the FiA and FOM would allow a driver that has not driven the car, or an F1 car for over 3 years at that, onto the track along with all the other drivers also at full race speeds!'

Your use of double commas has created an offset appositive, which can be extracted from the sentence making it read:
'[...]a driver that has not driven the car onto the track [...]'
The offset appositive means it can be treated as a separate piece of information so your sentence reads that he has both 'not driven the [2017] car, and has not driven any other F1 car for over 3 years.

I was merely pointing out that he had driven another F1 car. If you're going to get upset when someone queries what you have written, at least check what you have written is accurate before defending it.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3756147)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well strange race but the high light will certainly be the sight of Alonso in the deck chair at the end,
Old 30 Jul 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3756149)   #50
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Quite true,but having experienced a toxic relationship with a team mate he probably doesn't want to repeat the experience.As I heard the radio the deal was for Bottas to give him five laps to make the pass or he would drop back.It took a bit longer than five laps but he did give the place back and kudos for the integrity.