Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Dec 2001, 18:12 (Ref:190505)   #1
LMP900
Racer

LMP900 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is good news for Daytona

Well the GTS Division of the 24 Hours of daytona has just gotten a big boost by the entry of a pair of Byztec Porsche GT1's and the two AVR Chrysler Vipers, this brings the tally of GTS cars at 7 but if I understand it correctly there are three more cars getting ready to compete: two Marcos LM600's and one GLP viper
Old 28 Dec 2001, 22:30 (Ref:190704)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they are still preparing with about 1 month to go, you must ask how prepared for a 24hr race are these teams.

While it is good to see Marcos racing, and they are quite rapid cars in the UK, late entries normally mean an early exit. Still all the best to all the 24hr racers.

Looks like I will be on an aircraft flying over Daytona late Friday night so please give a wave ! Arriving in the UK in time for a little kip and then listen on the internet radio that night.

SL
Old 29 Dec 2001, 10:21 (Ref:190859)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's the URL for the internet commentary, SL?
Old 29 Dec 2001, 11:32 (Ref:190890)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its good Marcos are going to race. They should be back in British GT next year. Is it the GLPK Viper? Who are the drivers?
Old 29 Dec 2001, 14:39 (Ref:191035)   #5
SL
Veteran

Quote:
What's the URL for the internet commentary
I don't know !!! Last year I managed to find a local Daytona radio station who covered the first 6 hours odd live, they then done updates I think every 1/2 hour or so and then back for the finish. If you search back about 11 months there should be a topic that I started with the URL. I'm not sure if they will be covering this years event though.

SL
Old 29 Dec 2001, 14:45 (Ref:191041)   #6
SL
Veteran

Just done the search myself, found it very easily !

http://www.wndb.am/site/audio/audio.shtml

There are two stations click on the WNDB 'News/Talk/Sport'

SL
Old 29 Dec 2001, 18:39 (Ref:191122)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen on the Crash.net site that Robby Gordon, Jeff Gordon and Kevin Harvick are going to do the Datyona 24hrs.
Old 29 Dec 2001, 21:10 (Ref:191211)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Just done the search myself, found it very easily !

http://www.wndb.am/site/audio/audio.shtml

There are two stations click on the WNDB 'News/Talk/Sport'

SL
Thanks mate, I'll log that one away and see if I can listen in for a bit.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 21:58 (Ref:193524)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Bytzek boys are Canadian (Ontario) privateers in $9 million Porsche EVOs. Last year Hari's car finished 6th overall and the Speedvision guys were finally worn down by our barrage of e-mails and mentioned them about 2:00 a.m. One of the drivers of the 01 car told me this summer that the Corvette guys were Dear Old Pals of theirs until the Bytzek 00 car took pole for the class. Then the Corvette boys suddenly lost interest and when the Bytzek boys were around!

Klaus' car developed problems (this particular Porsche series being rather delicate for an endurance race, which is why it never raced at Le Mans) and ended up 48th.

The cars are beautiful and the owner/drivers are in their 70s and they can outrun most of a 40 car field over 24 hours!!!!!!!!