Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Dec 2001, 14:38 (Ref:191953)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell
Dead easy, this one... Pierre Bouillon...
I'm going to be pedantic now, the ACO say his name was BOUILLIN.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 14:49 (Ref:191959)   #27
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sacre Bleu!

Can this be so?
Old 31 Dec 2001, 14:58 (Ref:191967)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

The ACO's CDRom arrived on my front door mat this morning, Ray, and that's what it says on that. Whether it's right or not, I have no idea!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 15:10 (Ref:191975)   #29
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

The ACO's CDRom arrived on my front door mat this morning, Ray, and that's what it says on that.
Are you sure it's not an AOL CD-ROM?
Old 31 Dec 2001, 15:19 (Ref:191979)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England

Yes I'm sure Cy, this one didn't go straight in the bin!!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 15:54 (Ref:191994)   #31
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are just so many. Anyone but Audi. They are so good that they have taken the fun out of it. But speaking of fun, I think everyone enjoyed it when the MG's were out front and an upset looked possible.

The best thing that could happen for the sport would probably be a Bentley win. That would generate a huge amount of publicity and raise the profile of the sport considerably. An MG win wouldn't hurt, either.

But really, it would be fun if someone like Lammers would win in his private Dome. Any of the LMP900 privateers would be good enough for me.

But I guess the #1 pick for me would be to see Don Panoz' team win it all. He has done a huge service to sportscar raciong and his reward has not justified his effort. It would be an enormous poetic justic.

But if I could manufacture a fantasy? The winner would be a Porsche LMP900.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 16:37 (Ref:192013)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
The best thing that could happen for the sport would probably be a Bentley win. That would generate a huge amount of publicity and raise the profile of the sport considerably. An MG win wouldn't hurt, either.
Yes, I'm with you there, Doc.

Quote:

But I guess the #1 pick for me would be to see Don Panoz' team win it all. He has done a huge service to sportscar raciong and his reward has not justified his effort. It would be an enormous poetic justic.
And I could live with that too. As long as Noel Edmunds can't derive any kudos from it!!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 17:21 (Ref:192033)   #33
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm going to be pedantic now, the ACO say his name was BOUILLIN.
I received my ACO membership card today but nevertheless I am going to say that I think they are wrong - every reference I have found to Levegh so far states his real name as "BouillOn".
Old 31 Dec 2001, 17:37 (Ref:192041)   #34
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd quite like to see our Nige drive there.

Just imagine it, 24 hours of whining.....
Old 31 Dec 2001, 18:04 (Ref:192045)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf

I received my ACO membership card today but nevertheless I am going to say that I think they are wrong - every reference I have found to Levegh so far states his real name as "BouillOn".
I've a suspicion that Ray was right all along. I've done a few Google investigations and Bouillon comes up all the time, but nothing on Bouillin.

So I think I must accept that Pierre was "on" rather than "in" with good grace!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 20:56 (Ref:192101)   #36
clk-lm
Rookie

clk-lm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf

It has been getting less unlikely every day since August, and now the car is basically ready. It will hopefully be out there at Sebring, otherwise they will join in for round 2 (is that Miami?), and there will be 2 cars at Le Mans if all goes well.

are you talking about lotus or mercedes?
Old 1 Jan 2002, 01:22 (Ref:192144)   #37
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd welcome anything that'd make an attack on the apparent dominance of the Vipers and Porsche 911 GT3s in their respective GTS and GT classes!
Old 1 Jan 2002, 11:11 (Ref:192188)   #38
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by clk-lm
are you talking about lotus or mercedes?
Lotus.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 20:03 (Ref:192349)   #39
whitlock
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lancs, uk
whitlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Who would you most like to see at LeMans?

Quote:

My French is pretty poor at the best of times, but it looks like a deposit of 3100 Euros and a final fee of 25,000 Euros. That seems to be the same for all classes.
That works out at about £2000 deposit and anout £16000 final fee. Then you've got the car, team, transportation, etc. Not bad though, less than I thought it might be!
Old 1 Jan 2002, 23:07 (Ref:192452)   #40
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does seem reasonable doesn't it? I wonder how many deposits they take without letting the car in?
Do they have any Mosleyesque rules (or should it be Ecclestonian) whereby only the SAS or Mossad are allowed to park the trailers or that your team underwear matches your hospitality units?
Hey, looking at two new threads, I'm looking forward to seeing the Spyker and the Elise GTP in action.

Last edited by Osella; 1 Jan 2002 at 23:09.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 23:15 (Ref:192461)   #41
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well for me, what I would like to see back at Le Mans, is another one of Ford brand's, not Jaguar, but Aston Martin, works entry in GTS, now that would give the Viper's, Covette's and the rest a run for its money. It would be great to see Bentley winning overall, MG winning 675, Aston GTS, now there would be something to get the Brits going, I can just imagine the party now, and what a party it would be ! ! !
Old 1 Jan 2002, 23:30 (Ref:192474)   #42
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
...or that your team underwear matches your hospitality units?
(...what kind of hospitality are we talking about here...)

Picture Champion Racing boxers - do they glow in the dark?

Aston back at Le Mans - brilliant idea! It was a shame their AMR1 got killed off by FoMoCo.
Old 2 Jan 2002, 00:18 (Ref:192490)   #43
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't it in Ford's stated policy that their ownership of Aston and Jaguar meant they had vehicles for all forms of motor sport... Touring Cars and Rallies being the domain of various Fords, F1 has Jaguar, Astons being dedicated to Sports Cars with a particular emphasis on Le Mans?
Old 2 Jan 2002, 01:54 (Ref:192535)   #44
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Jon Field to cause some chaos at the start, with a Cadillac Evoq or a VW W12.
Old 2 Jan 2002, 06:44 (Ref:192575)   #45
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by FastJoel31
How about Jon Field to cause some chaos at the start, with a Cadillac Evoq or a VW W12.
As long as he doesn't do a John Woolfe...
Old 2 Jan 2002, 10:52 (Ref:192627)   #46
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MGF
I'd quite like to see our Nige drive there.

Just imagine it, 24 hours of whining.....
If he did, I hope it would be in a rotary \Mazda, one would drown out the other!
Old 2 Jan 2002, 14:02 (Ref:192689)   #47
Banks
Rookie

Banks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was under the impresson that Mercedes would not appear again for fear of being fined for entering French air space without permission ( three times in one week!)