Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2761256)   #26
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
it was not lancaster fault as there was a car about to spin and cue the rollover.
Lancaster did not touch Guerrieri but as the rear wheels were still spinning when he tried to go right to avoid contact with him he lost control of the car, then he hits Ricciardo.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2761261)   #27
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Bit of a gaff, infront of a big home crowd.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2761262)   #28
P3ndula
Racer

Serbia
London
P3ndula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Best FAIL start ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6fEw3hShLQ
Old 18 Sep 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2761271)   #29
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guerrieri stripped of win

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86795
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2761324)   #30
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I am alone in thinking that was a truly appalling piece of driving?

I know he's playing at home and all that but I'm surprised he wasn't black flagged for that.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2761334)   #31
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just as well they moved the barriers back on the pit-straight isn't it! Glad to see he was OK though.

You really do have to feel for Guerrieri and the luck he's had this season. I'd love to see him in with a shot at the title come Barcelona, but the four races he's missed this year have harmed his chances too much now I feel. Still, it's been a brilliant effort by him and the whole ISR Racing team, especially considering it's their debut year in the series.

Even though Aleshin now has a 15 point advantage over Ricciardo, I still feel it's too close to call. In fact, there is even the possibility that they could both end the season tied on points, with Ricciardo winning the title on countback!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2761344)   #32
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very disappointed to see that Eurosport have dropped the re-run of the race from tonights coverage .

Very sad that Guerrieri has been stripped of the win, but even if he doesn't win the title he has achieved the recognition this year. It is now looking like he has some money behind him from the Argentinean govt and an F1 seat may be on the cards. The WsbR title is clearly not destined to be, although he would be an awesome champion after his year.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2761371)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I am alone in thinking that was a truly appalling piece of driving?

I know he's playing at home and all that but I'm surprised he wasn't black flagged for that.
That's certainly how it looked.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 22:47 (Ref:2761372)   #34
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Guerrieri
"All because of one f*****g piece of tape. Can you believe it?"
Yes, pretty duly to disqualify a driver for such an ignominius reason.
Wonder if it's also an indirect penalty for the Zampieri-Salaquarda quarrel.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 23:10 (Ref:2761376)   #35
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lancaster almost seemed like having stuck throttle, so much wheelspin! This seemed very strange, I've never seen something like this.
Bad luck for Ricciardo & Guerrieri, both deserve the title.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2761388)   #36
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So which team protested Guerrieri win?
Old 19 Sep 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2761393)   #37
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlin or Tech 1 i assume.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2761405)   #38
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
You really do have to feel for Guerrieri and the luck he's had this season. I'd love to see him in with a shot at the title come Barcelona, but the four races he's missed this year have harmed his chances too much now I feel. Still, it's been a brilliant effort by him and the whole ISR Racing team, especially considering it's their debut year in the series.
Well, he's done International F3000 and Superleague, he isn't a rookie. Actually, at 25 he is almost too old to debut in F1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
even if [Guerrieri] doesn't win the title he has achieved the recognition this year. It is now looking like he has some money behind him from the Argentinean govt and an F1 seat may be on the cards.
But which team? I've seen too many brilliant drivers get burned in backenders.

No matter if he makes it to F1, if he crosses to IndyCar, if he switches to sports cars of if he returns to Argentina, I wish him the best.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 06:31 (Ref:2761430)   #39
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
So which team protested Guerrieri win?
tech1. in the interests of their two drivers since one won instead and the other lost less ground to guerrieri in the championship in exchange for marginally more to aleshin.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2761458)   #40
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Daniel Ricciardo takes pole with Lancaster 2nd and Hartley 3rd. Great news for Ricciardo is Esteban 5th and Aleshin 6th. Just hopefully this time he has no bad luck and Lancaster doesn't cause trouble again!
Old 19 Sep 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2761463)   #41
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Lancaster is going to start from the pitlane because of dangerous driving. Frankly he ought to start with BSM and be forced to learn how to drive before ever being let within 30 miles of a circuit again.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2761488)   #42
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Should be interesting Ricciardo vs Hartley, but Ricciardo was 0.6 faster in qualifying so I think if Ricciardo leads into turn 1 he will run away, but could be a good duel if Hartley is 1st into turn 1.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2761518)   #43
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guerrieri won again!!! And no duct-tape excuses this time.
How he overtook Ricciardo at the last laps!!!
Old 19 Sep 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2761521)   #44
Fernando_S
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fernando_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

That stupid piece of tape was the technical fault. Give me a break. It's very unfair.

The second race was amazing. Esteban is the best driver of this series, hands down.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2761535)   #45
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Congratulations to him again. But he shouldn't have taped his moustache at the podium.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2761574)   #46
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Guerrieri passes Ricciardo for win - Video
Old 19 Sep 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2761631)   #47
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
tech1. in the interests of their two drivers since one won instead and the other lost less ground to guerrieri in the championship in exchange for marginally more to aleshin.
so red bull then. great, i think this incident will join Vegne's Rockingham non punishment in the pantheon of this year's great motorsport moments
Old 19 Sep 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2761639)   #48
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Karma obviously doesn't work completely because they had a 2-3 in today's race, but a plague on all their houses I say.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2761642)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Now that is pure class.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2761657)   #50
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Now that is pure class.
Very, very good.....