Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Sep 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2761550)   #1
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 Brands Hatch

Final races of this season's British F3 International Series this coming weekend at Brands. Litespeed to run Robbie Kerr !
http://www.britishf3international.co...s%5Bid%5D=1360
Old 20 Sep 2010, 01:00 (Ref:2761721)   #2
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Here's a laugh. There's no pre-race test at Brands on the Friday, so FOTA has arranged for a couple of days at Rockingham during the week!
Old 20 Sep 2010, 04:27 (Ref:2761745)   #3
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the 'official' test was held in July.

Why does a phrase about social events and beverage manufacturing facilities come to mind when SRO are mentioned?
Old 21 Sep 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2762516)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Although I felt exactly the same when I first heard about it, I think that MSV should shoulder most of the blame. The consequence is that BF3 may not visit any of their circuits next year, but we shall see.

Anyway, the Rockingham test is in full swing and the details are here. Click on the Live Timing button if that's what you want.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2762518)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Although I felt exactly the same when I first heard about it, I think that MSV should shoulder most of the blame. The consequence is that BF3 may not visit any of their circuits next year, but we shall see.
my thoughts exactly. personally i think it's time a major series in the uk took a firm stance on the msv attitudes - it's not as if bf3 is short of venue choices nowadays and the future looks promising in terms of cars and teams. i doubt a weekend in september at brands hatch, a freezing oulton park weekend and getting blown off your feet at snetterton is going to be seen as a disaster - it'll be a shame, but hardly a big loss.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2762535)   #6
jordan123
Rookie

jordan123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Final races of this season's British F3 International Series this coming weekend at Brands. Litespeed to run Robbie Kerr !
I understand that Robbie has brought his own engineer with him, so whats happened to Bridgers engineer??????
Old 21 Sep 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2762669)   #7
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan123 View Post
I understand that Robbie has brought his own engineer with him, so whats happened to Bridgers engineer??????
Jay Bridger was being engineered by Litespeed themselves who had only this season's experience working with the Dallara, Robbie's engineer apparantly has more Dallara experience.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2762791)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
my thoughts exactly. personally i think it's time a major series in the uk took a firm stance on the msv attitudes - it's not as if bf3 is short of venue choices nowadays and the future looks promising in terms of cars and teams. i doubt a weekend in september at brands hatch, a freezing oulton park weekend and getting blown off your feet at snetterton is going to be seen as a disaster - it'll be a shame, but hardly a big loss.
If you look at the other thread, it looks like 6 circuits in the UK and 4 in Europe. I suspect one of those will be Monza.

For the six in the UK, I'd imagine Silverstone x 2, Rockingham, Thruxton, Donington (maybe x2) and that's it unless there's somewhere I've forgotten.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 00:51 (Ref:2762807)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Here's a report on today's test at Rockingham.

The fact that the Double R trio were quick is interesting, but so they were at the Rockingham race meeting.

It doesn't necessarily have much relevance to Brands at the weekend.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2763133)   #10
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
If you look at the other thread, it looks like 6 circuits in the UK and 4 in Europe. I suspect one of those will be Monza.

For the six in the UK, I'd imagine Silverstone x 2, Rockingham, Thruxton, Donington (maybe x2) and that's it unless there's somewhere I've forgotten.
I can't see teams wanting to go Thruxton again, far from popular this year I believe
Old 22 Sep 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2763195)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I can't see teams wanting to go Thruxton again, far from popular this year I believe
I didn't hear any complaints, but they probably didn't like being thrown into what was essentially a truck meeting.

Next year I hope it would be a proper British F3/GT meeting with all the usual support races.

It would be a great shame if Thruxton were to drop out of the calendar again because it's the best circuit in the country for F3 racing and offers a unique challenge.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2763266)   #12
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Anyway, the Rockingham test is in full swing and the details are here. Click on the Live Timing button if that's what you want.
What is it that MSV have done? Money-related?
Old 22 Sep 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2763279)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
No, they only have a limited number 'noisy' test days on the Brands GP circuit and they chose not to make one available for British F3/GT package this year, despite having done so without fail in previous years.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2763612)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Here's a preview of this weekend's meeting at Brands Hatch.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2763892)   #15
boyndie
Rookie

Scotland
Scottish Highlands
boyndie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Was reading an old article from Motoring News in March about all the Brits in the running for the BF3 Championship this year. Would’ve liked to be there to see how the Webb / Calado / Buzaid fight for second pans out at the last round. Matt James had it spot on referring to Vergne as title favourite and his hunch for top brit is Calado (we’ll have to wait for that bit). Seems no time at all we’re at the end of the season. No mention of Svendson-Cook although I think he’s done well, as the “fourth-in-line” Carlin driver he could still be a top 6 finisher. That’d make three brits in top 6, well done, good work boys! (Although conversely Brundle, Lloyd & Bridger are plonked firmly at the bottom of the league). I guess that’s racing, some have got it and others don’t. Good that BF3 has so many Brits though, just a pity we didn’t get a winner this time.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2763965)   #16
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Andy 308GTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, they only have a limited number 'noisy' test days on the Brands GP circuit and they chose not to make one available for British F3/GT package this year, despite having done so without fail in previous years.
I would say that they only a number of noisy days for the circuit (not just test days and not just the GP circuit - I may be wrong here as the GP circuit backs onto the housing estate).

I'm sure this year that they have had more events on the GP circuit than in previous years.
The International GT Open was on the GP circuit last weekend - a lot of GT2 cars so this would have counted as a noisy weekend...
Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2764014)   #17
jordan123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyndie View Post
Was reading an old article from Motoring News in March about all the Brits in the running for the BF3 Championship this year. Would’ve liked to be there to see how the Webb / Calado / Buzaid fight for second pans out at the last round. Matt James had it spot on referring to Vergne as title favourite and his hunch for top brit is Calado (we’ll have to wait for that bit). Seems no time at all we’re at the end of the season. No mention of Svendson-Cook although I think he’s done well, as the “fourth-in-line” Carlin driver he could still be a top 6 finisher. That’d make three brits in top 6, well done, good work boys! (Although conversely Brundle, Lloyd & Bridger are plonked firmly at the bottom of the league). I guess that’s racing, some have got it and others don’t. Good that BF3 has so many Brits though, just a pity we didn’t get a winner this time.
These drivers that haven't got it,wouldn't be the teams they are driving for,would it?
Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2764018)   #18
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Quote:
Apparently Robbie Kerr isn't driving this weekend. Jay Bridger retains his drive.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2764024)   #19
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's going on with 'live timing' at Brands Hatch GP this weekend?

Timing Solutions has the meeting on its Events Diary page (http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=diary) but not on its British F3/GT tests (http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...&event=testing) or British F3/GT races (http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...GT&event=races)
Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2764028)   #20
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...eventid=103805
Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2764030)   #21
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
What's going on with 'live timing' at Brands Hatch GP this weekend?

Timing Solutions has the meeting on its Events Diary page (http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=diary) but not on its British F3/GT tests (http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...&event=testing) or British F3/GT races (http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...GT&event=races)
Is this not it? http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...eventid=103805

Today was not an SRO test, but was general testing on the indy circuit which featured a few cars from the support races, but not F3/GT. So presumably this is why there is no timing available for today.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2764047)   #22
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Is this not it? http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...eventid=103805

Today was not an SRO test, but was general testing on the indy circuit which featured a few cars from the support races, but not F3/GT. So presumably this is why there is no timing available for today.
Thanks! I could have sworn that it wasn't there the last time I checked.

Doesn't TSL usually time the Friday practice/testing sessions too?
Old 24 Sep 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2764060)   #23
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
Doesn't TSL usually time the Friday practice/testing sessions too?
They would if there was any
Old 25 Sep 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2764313)   #24
jordan123
Rookie

Quote:
Apparently Robbie Kerr isn't driving this weekend. Jay Bridger retains his drive.
After his 2 days testing at Rockingham perhaps this is a wise decision by Robbie,it seems he and his Dallara experienced engineer were no quicker than the Litespeed/Bridger combination.Where does Litspeed go from here?
Old 25 Sep 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2764374)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan123 View Post
Where does Litspeed go from here?
get in the wind tunnel and start making some more trick bits?

looks like there was some good traditional british f3 controversy in qualifying, nasr got pole, then had it taken away for setting a fastest time whilst there was yellows out.

story here : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86955