Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Oct 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2972156)   #1
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic forum 10/10s Festive Fry Up

Yes, it's a bit early, but if my local M&S can start selling mince pies in f&*@ing August, it's not that early!

Anyway, who's up for the traditional 'chewing the fat' (in more senses than one!) historic racers' meetup at the Ace Café?

Weds. 28th December?
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2972173)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'd like to go to this one year, but as usual I'll be eating my "heart attack on a plate" on the beach
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Oct 2011, 16:19 (Ref:2972725)   #3
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depending on what day we arrive to the UK from New Zealand, I will be there.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2972794)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Iain says thanks SZ for organising this year

He's practicing this eve with plate of pasta followed by lasagne followed by pud.....
Old 17 Oct 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2972826)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ask him to check his text's Mike
No such delight as a greasy spoon brekkie for me I'm afraid ,don't do such things in Germany.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2972860)   #6
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nonsense!

Meine Damen und Herren, may I present 'der Bauernfrüstuck'!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Ask him to check his text's Mike
No such delight as a greasy spoon brekkie for me I'm afraid ,don't do such things in Germany.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2972963)   #7
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there - I was thinking of going for the grilled kippers this time.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 02:53 (Ref:2973067)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not for me again. I'm flying back on the 27th.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 05:30 (Ref:2973091)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer View Post
Nonsense!

Meine Damen und Herren, may I present 'der Bauernfrüstuck'!!!

Exactly my point,no fried bread,bacon soaked in fat,need I go on?
Old 18 Oct 2011, 07:12 (Ref:2973116)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
They will serve you a sausage ommette in the Ace if you ask them I'm sure.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 07:16 (Ref:2973118)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
They probably would Al,far sooner be over there though.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2973119)   #12
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope to make it at last, will try to steer ungrateful customers away from 28th.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2973284)   #13
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Put me on list.

Two three of us
Old 18 Oct 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2973328)   #14
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will come with at least one of my boys & probably with Al as its a long way from Watford
Old 18 Oct 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2973338)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's that time again folks.

Merged into a calendar thread.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 18 Oct 2011 at 16:27. Reason: Talking to myself
Old 18 Oct 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2973345)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there if in country. Jury is on that at the moment.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2973393)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I'll be there if in country. Jury is on that at the moment.
Dont want to nit-pick Al but if you are 'in the country' on the appointed day you won't be at The Ace since that is clearly not 'in the country'. If you see what I mean.

OK, as you were everyone ....
Old 18 Oct 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2973401)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm. WEDNESDAY 28th Dec.

I wonder if Mallory could be persuaded to open the track for a private 'Test Day' so soon after the Plum Pudding meeting and then make a Tenth's party of it in the cafe? Pretty sure the HA potential at the Mallory cafe could be the equal of the Ace ... for those seeking that thrill.

Mr. Bell will vouch for the black pudding ...
Old 18 Oct 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2973454)   #19
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forget the test day just open the cafe for us non London based Tenthers.
Having said that I may be in London after Christmas.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 18 Oct 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2973504)   #20
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
Well, I suggested the Ace, and I don't even live in London (in fact it's a right pain for me to get there).

We could always try an alternative venue this year? There are some great pubs with food near me in the Cotswolds, and it's pretty central for most?

Or, I think the Mallory idea is a great one - Who volunteers to ask them?

OK, I'm confusing things, aren't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Forget the test day just open the cafe for us non London based Tenthers.
Having said that I may be in London after Christmas.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2973565)   #21
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer View Post
Well, I suggested the Ace, and I don't even live in London (in fact it's a right pain for me to get there).

We could always try an alternative venue this year? There are some great pubs with food near me in the Cotswolds, and it's pretty central for most?

Or, I think the Mallory idea is a great one - Who volunteers to ask them?

OK, I'm confusing things, aren't I?

Probably only worth bothering if they would open the track and if people wanted to make use of it and I suspect that neither party would be sufficiently excited by the prospect on what might be a cold and icy day.

Also something of a pain for those on the south coast or in Kent or the East Anglian.

However.. not too bad for me! And VERY convenient for at least one other 10ther.

This would be much easier of we all lived in a smaller country. Luxembourg for example. Or Lichtenstein. Or maybe an island - say the Isle of Man ... Doubly worth while if the Isle of Man.

Perhaps we had better stick with the Ace for this year.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2973722)   #22
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cotswolds sounds good

Mallory's worse than Ace, at least I can get a rattler to The Smoke.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2973747)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Luxembourg would be ok for me.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2973799)   #24
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'll put it in Arthurs diary and make sure his chauffeur hasn't got man flu
Old 20 Oct 2011, 13:21 (Ref:2974306)   #25
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ace or the Cotswolds, now which one to choose? I'm kind of in the middle of both so either but leaning more towards the Ace.