Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Aug 2002, 16:51 (Ref:368411)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
One-off sponsor for Dixon

Coors Brewing Company will sponsor Dixon's car for the Denver race. (The company's home town). Let's keep our fingers crossed that they like what they see and enter the series full-time next season! When the tobacco money leaves, the void may best be filled by the beer money. I'd love to see Coors, Molson, and Miller in the series. The more sponsors, the more teams.

In the meantime, Dixon's car should look pretty sharp. It will carry the livery of Coors Light, "The Silver Bullet". And Dixon noted, "The car just looks fast, even when it's standing still."
Old 29 Aug 2002, 17:06 (Ref:368424)   #2
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will be a pretty sleek-looking car
Old 29 Aug 2002, 17:55 (Ref:368485)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sweet... Wish they'd keep that for the season.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Aug 2002, 18:14 (Ref:368497)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Sad thing is, Ganassi hardly needs the sponsorship money. Too bad Coors couldn't have let Sigma field Papis for one more race. I'm sure the team is still intact, or at the very least it could be pulled back together pretty quickly.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 18:23 (Ref:368506)   #5
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sigma couldn't because Dale Coyne has bought their 2002 Lola for use by Team St. George at Rockingham.

Another stupid decision by some sponsers is to consider Mark Blundell for a full 'o3 season with T.S.G.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 18:27 (Ref:368513)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whast chance though of Dale running the car fulltime in 2003 himself?

I'd agree that hiring Blundell would be a seriously retrograde step, there ar elots of mroe worthy British drivers
Old 29 Aug 2002, 18:40 (Ref:368536)   #7
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put your mind at ease Macdaddy. Ganassi doesn't get the money. According to the SEC filings of 8/14/02 CART paid Gannasi $1.7MM to field a third car. They were smart enough to keep the rights to the sponsorship on the car for themselves so the Coors money goes to CART. The thing I'd like to know is if CART is reimbursed some $$$ when Dixon runs in Target colors.

Last edited by Flatspot; 29 Aug 2002 at 18:42.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 18:42 (Ref:368540)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
From what I heard in Montreal (From Chris Pook), they were so overwhelmed by the support they've received from European (likely British) sponsorship, that the two car team next year is a done deal(maybe a few "i"s to dot and "t"s to cross..).
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Aug 2002, 19:07 (Ref:368555)   #9
pferrf1
Rookie

pferrf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you are correct. I think that would be a key to getting good European TV coverage.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 19:21 (Ref:368561)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
hmm....well Dayle Coyne didn't quite say what Chris Pook said but it still looks pretty positive:

"We're trying right now to piece together a couple of more races yet this year. We're looking at the domestic races and possibly Mexico City. And then we'll see for next year. We were a two-car team before and I think the things that CART has done to control the costs next year as well as increased the payout make the parts that you have to find a realistic number again. So I am more optimistic than ever that we can compete again next year with the two-car team."

A agree, this would do a ton to increase interest in the UK and Europe, which we need!
Old 29 Aug 2002, 21:41 (Ref:368634)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't the TCGR cars carry sponsorship from Bud? Or is that only at Indy time?
Old 29 Aug 2002, 23:29 (Ref:368719)   #12
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indy time I think. And this year Bud sponsed Michael, didn't them?
Old 29 Aug 2002, 23:54 (Ref:368735)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bud sponsored Mikey? Did their commercials say "See what happens when you drink?"
Old 30 Aug 2002, 12:04 (Ref:369018)   #14
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
THE Best looking car

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 30 Aug 2002, 16:43 (Ref:369270)   #15
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah - Dario's car is best looking since they went with Blue/Silver
Old 30 Aug 2002, 16:44 (Ref:369273)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
One good looking car.. but there have been better ones and not only for one race...
Old 31 Aug 2002, 17:46 (Ref:370022)   #17
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I mentioned at some CART forum--forget which one--one off races could be the way to go for some CART teams. Not all sponsors have the money to race an entire season? Maybe they only want some PR when the race comes to their cities/head office? The concept of one-off races is not new to Nascar? If that's what needed to keep CART teams around, perhaps more one-off races should be sought?
Old 31 Aug 2002, 23:47 (Ref:370190)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia

The car in action... not bad
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:37 (Ref:370480)   #19
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car looks good, shame it won't be around at Rockingham.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 22:35 (Ref:370826)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
it looked good