Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Oct 2002, 17:55 (Ref:403019)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Off Season Thread

O well......i suppose as from tomorrow it will offically be the off season

so i hope we can all have a good chat over the winter months and pass the time until March 03 is with us , and we have all the races to talk about .

I hate the off season !..

just hope we can pass the time without getting too bored.

Last edited by Sato san; 13 Oct 2002 at 17:56.
Old 13 Oct 2002, 17:57 (Ref:403021)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: The Off Season Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san

just hope we can have pass the time without getting too bored.

The fact that not everyone can agree on things in the forum will never make for a boring off-season!
Old 13 Oct 2002, 18:00 (Ref:403023)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i suppose we have plenty off stuff to go over and over and over for 4 months....

yep...it would be boring if we all agree'd i suppose.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 00:08 (Ref:403302)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After the boredom of this year, perhaps the off-season will be more exciting?

I'll just go buy myself a new 3d card and play GP4.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 00:18 (Ref:403305)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I'm sure we will have plenty to talk about. If we get into trouble, we can always go back to old faithfuls like "Jerez 97" and "Austria 02"

Until all the seats are full, and we know how many teams will be around next year, we should have plenty to discuss.

Last edited by Wrex; 14 Oct 2002 at 00:19.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 00:36 (Ref:403321)   #6
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the end of my first racing year acitively participating on this message board. What do we do now? Do we go off on ski trips like the rest of F1?
Old 14 Oct 2002, 01:02 (Ref:403327)   #7
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since there's no specific topic to discuss on this thread..i hope you don't mind Sato if i bring this up in here.

Just what the hell is the Japanese TV director thinking!!!!

80% of the tv coverage during qual and on raceday is concentrated on Sato and the honda powered cars! We don't even get to see much action from the top three teams!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 01:58 (Ref:403351)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
This is the end of my first racing year acitively participating on this message board. What do we do now? Do we go off on ski trips like the rest of F1?
You could try working on one of those piste bashers at St Anton. They work late at night, and then ski during the day, and sleep in the afternoon. The place is run by antipodeans, but I am sure they will let a few friendly guys like you in also.

Valve
Old 14 Oct 2002, 02:02 (Ref:403353)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Since there's no specific topic to discuss on this thread..i hope you don't mind Sato if i bring this up in here.

80% of the tv coverage during qual and on raceday is concentrated on Sato and the honda powered cars! We don't even get to see much action from the top three teams!
Jukes, you didn't really think they were going to concentrate on Alex Yoong, did you? Actually, I was fixated on that yellow car, just using all my mental telepathic powers willing Sato on to the finish line. And when Ralf's valve seals let go, boy!! was I happy for Sato.

Valve
Old 14 Oct 2002, 02:50 (Ref:403384)   #10
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Monza wasnt any better. "And theres Schumacher driving around slowy, I think he has a problem." Hearing that for 50 laps, pure torture.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 03:22 (Ref:403390)   #11
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When we were in Germany we had to suffer through watching the german drivers. In Italy all we saw were Ferrari. I applaud Fuji tv for showing what he Japanese people want to see and not worrying about MS doing parade laps. Toyota and Honda had good battles while MS was running 2 seconds per lap faster than everyone else. Ralph was in never never land and JPM was cousting around all by himself.

I loved the coverage. Sadly, the best racing in F1 takes place behind the top three teams.

Last edited by neilap; 14 Oct 2002 at 03:23.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 03:47 (Ref:403401)   #12
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
I'm sure we will have plenty to talk about. If we get into trouble, we can always go back to old faithfuls like "Jerez 97" and "Austria 02"
You forgot "Adelaide 94" !, that´s a Classic too...
Old 14 Oct 2002, 04:58 (Ref:403430)   #13
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least when the race was in Malaysia...Alex didn't get that much coverage. No Valve, i wasn't expecting Alex to get better coverage...you should have known better that i wanted more coverage on Michael

I figure Montoya tampered with Ralf's car....damn! why didn't he finish the race!!!

And for the record...any extra coverage on the Ferraris would be best for the F1 fans.

Last edited by Jukebox; 14 Oct 2002 at 05:00.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 06:50 (Ref:403463)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

I see what your saying , and that is another reason why it would be better if individual country directors didnt produce their own coverage....If Bernie gets to use his super channel coverage next year for terrstrial tv then the problem shouldnt happen a agian.

But Juke....surley you must agree thats its more exctiting watching Takuma battle with that oversteery Jordan than watching Micheal turn out lap after lap without even one correction on the steering wheel !
Old 14 Oct 2002, 07:36 (Ref:403499)   #15
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get me wrong (+hello, I am back!), but I am actually happy that it's off season after all these shameful things that happened. I'd be happy to have 5 months to save my nerves. This season started with the worst birthday I have ever had, thanks to F1, then it was Austriagate, then it was :censored....and then I started hating weekends.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 07:48 (Ref:403511)   #16
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
and they cut the trees down Miss Hardt !
Old 14 Oct 2002, 08:54 (Ref:403555)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

And for the record...any extra coverage on the Ferraris would be best for the F1 fans.
Is that right, and what about people who don't like Ferrari? Share it around between the teams/drivers!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 09:02 (Ref:403566)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
that post should read......

And for the record...any extra coverage on the Ferraris would be best for JUKE !

hehehe
Old 14 Oct 2002, 09:08 (Ref:403570)   #19
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san

But Juke....surley you must agree thats its more exctiting watching Takuma battle with that oversteery Jordan than watching Micheal turn out lap after lap without even one correction on the steering wheel !
totally, lots of inboard camera's from Taku's car and of course you had Salo (the first Toyota inboard ive seen all year...) and Kimi inboard to name but a few. i must say it get's boring watching the man on rails [M Schumacher] every bloody week.

i've seen enough Maranello/Marlboro Red this season to last me a lifetime - it's time we saw everyone because at least on the digital feed the sponsors of the piddly teams get a lot of coverage, something they desperately need.

p.s it was Schumi's fault in Adelaide 94'

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 14 Oct 2002, 09:40 (Ref:403591)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Yup I agree. Get Bernievision to do the TV broadcast to the host nation. That wa you get someone who knows what's going on in F1 and can pick and choose the exciting moments for us to watch!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 10:00 (Ref:403604)   #21
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hold on Sato ... all is not lost ... we could always discuss ...

Whether a new points system would even things up!

What TFG, TGF, FTG or GTF means?

Should electronics be banned from F1?

Whether cigarette advertising should be fully banned and the implications if it is!

When does a groove become a slick?

What's more useful the FIA or paper underwear?

Just a thought
Old 14 Oct 2002, 10:08 (Ref:403611)   #22
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
looks like weve got loads of things to keep us all chatting over the winter then !

im happy then
Old 14 Oct 2002, 10:11 (Ref:403613)   #23
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Jarce
What's more useful the FIA or paper underwear?
Hardly a fair contest
Old 14 Oct 2002, 10:14 (Ref:403615)   #24
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Yup I agree. Get Bernievision to do the TV broadcast to the host nation. That wa you get someone who knows what's going on in F1 and can pick and choose the exciting moments for us to watch!
thats right...that is the answer , because each country only produces gp coverage once a year , what is needed is for the same production crew to give the terrestrial feed some consistent good coverage .

We get it with Bernievision ....so everyone else should get it too hopefully next year.....

anyway ....why make 2 different tv feeds when one of them is already near perfect....it is just wasting time and money at the end of the day giving coverage that people are not always happy with ,

but id still rather watch Sato's Jordan than Micheals Ferrai anyday .
Old 14 Oct 2002, 10:39 (Ref:403646)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You are assuming he will still be in the yellow peril next year!