Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:03 (Ref:733379)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Viva Herdez! Viva Mexico!

WHAT a finish! Congratulations to Herdez Competition for their inspired 1-2 finish today, and well earned it was too. People may put the knock on Dominguez, and many here have branded him a loser. But if you check on his finishing percentage, it's a very respectable 95% of all the laps on offer. And Moreno, well what's not to love about Moreno? Well done the team, and may Mexico City bring them another fine finish. Dominguez is on his way and will be well worth following in the future.

VIVA HERDEZ! VIVA DOMINGUEZ Y MORENO!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:13 (Ref:733388)   #2
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You recon Mexico City will rock, it would have anyway but especially after this.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:24 (Ref:733395)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can imagine! They'll all be on fire when they get there -- and you can guess this will sell more tickets!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:34 (Ref:733398)   #4
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank god Herdez is replacing that old bald guy who finished 2nd today for a much better looking stud.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:39 (Ref:733401)   #5
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Dominguez, Moreno and Salo for using their heads and finishing on the podium.

Here Are The Nominees For The Bone Head Move Of The Race:

1)Servia for smacking the wall all by himself.....okay, he did have some help from those two bumps, but still....

2)PT for driving like the old Tracy and taking out SeaBass.

3)Junky for taking Fernandez and himself out of the race.

4)CART officials for penalizing Jourdain for the incident in pitlane.

5)The heads of CART for holding a ChampCar race on such a terrible track.

And The Winner IS....#(5)The heads of CART!!!

Last edited by Dov; 29 Sep 2003 at 00:44.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:44 (Ref:733403)   #6
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Thank god Herdez is replacing that old bald guy who finished 2nd today for a much better looking stud.
It would make MY head spin to think how fast YOU'D put Danica in that car, hehe (not that looks have ANYTHING to do with it, of course! )

CBS coverage was HORRIBLE! Nothing but race highlights and commercials, commercials, commercials!

I'm not too happy with Bruno right now. He could have made a BIG dent in PT's championship lead today.

Congrats to Mario D....he deserved the win by virtue of being one of the few who used his head today!

Last edited by MLM; 29 Sep 2003 at 00:46.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:51 (Ref:733406)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Have you ever seen Mrs. Moreno? I haven't met cork person, but I bet you anything he doezn't have a wife anywhere near as gorgeous as Moreho does. Obviously she knows something you don't know, buddy boy.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 00:56 (Ref:733408)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I echo everything above, especially Dov's points! Though I'd make it a tie between PT and Bruno's move for the bonehead move.

Amazing stuff from the Herdez boys - who could have thought we'd be seeing this a year ago at a very soggy Surfer's Paradise. Mario has earned the respect of the Champcar paddock and then some!

As for PT and Bruno...well as Sebastiens said, there's nothing to be said.

Looking forward to Mexico!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:03 (Ref:733410)   #9
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Obviously she knows something you don't know, buddy boy.
Less is more?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:16 (Ref:733417)   #10
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an awesome race, of course the track was horrible, but Mario Dominguez finally won a real victory, and that will just feed his drive for Mexico City as will Adrian's who problably would of won and of Course Jourdain who lost 14 points because his team mad the mistake of trying to get him out in the best position, he already predicted he will win and i really see it happening after this show which exemplifies how one race can completely can change a championship had the race not taken away from Jourdain. Afterall that pit lane was only one lane wide.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:49 (Ref:733437)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always new Mario would take another win some day, and I'm glad he finally got a proper win! Congratulations to Team Herdez, I am so glad to see them 1-2, especially with 2 of my favourite drivers. Doesn't quite make up for the horror of the F1 result this morning, but nonetheless, dream result for me

Nice result by Salo too. Interesting to see 2 former F1 drivers on the podium, too. I bet the IRL couldn't manage that

Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:53 (Ref:733444)   #12
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
"Parade-like"? Perhaps.
"Entertaining"? Heck yah!

I sure enjoyed that race more than I thought I would!
Fernandez showed his real form on L2, by retaking the lead of the race.

My take on the Jordain/Monteiro pitlane fiasco puts the blame squarely on the Rahal crew. Why wave your driver out in front of oncoming traffic? Tiago did nothing wrong, IMO.

Salo goes a lap down on L33. By L37 three drivers have a lap on him...

L92 and Salo is in the lead! Congrats PK racing!

Tags and Sperafico are perhaps not the best-of-friends.

Announcers suggested something about lightweight paint for quals? Isn't that abit crazy?

Oh well, when all is said-and-done...
13 point gap with 3 races to go...
And Carpentier is mathematically eliminated.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:56 (Ref:733448)   #13
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a pretty exciting race for such a horrible track! Glad to see the Herdez boys do so well. To bad Moreno won't be racing in Mexico City. PT was looking like a champion today until he punted Bourdais. I know Bourdais was ****ed but I don't know what he was thinking when he went into the Players pits looking for Paul. Vegas odds would definitely been in PT's favor. Good thing Junky junked it.
Oh and thumbs up for SALO!!!!

Last edited by enemy-ace; 29 Sep 2003 at 01:57.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:57 (Ref:733449)   #14
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look at Mika Salo on the podium (YIKES)....did he just finish third or did he lose his ride!? Those Finns....always the life of the party, eh.

P.S. No disrespect meant to any Finns out there.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:58 (Ref:733451)   #15
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Much better race than expected. Sure there was attrition, but I was very happy to see Dominguez, Moreno and Salo put together great runs. When you watch Salo race, it's quiet obvious how good he is. Few drivers stand out like that. He's also incredibly clean and decent, something that seems to be lacking from most of the other runners.

I felt sorry for Fernadez, he's had so many lack-luster races, he was finally back to the form he use to show. Moreno seems to suffer from the same problems. Consistancy seems to go when drivers get towards the end of their careers. Nothing seems to go right for Servia.

PT was a F|_|CKING IDIOT to crash with Bourdais. The worst part was to hear Kendall going on about how PT doesn't care about the championship, etc. When Junky does the same thing and reeps the benifits of having the best car, that means he's running a championship season. PT has slipped into old form 2 times this year now. In a way Bourdais got what he asked for. He told PT he wasn't going to take being pushed aside and PT seemed to revert into his old state. Don't play head games with a head case. As for going after PT, remember what PT did to Barry Green when he was confronted. Maybe that's why Bourdais left his helmet on.

Last edited by Snrub; 29 Sep 2003 at 02:02.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 01:59 (Ref:733452)   #16
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps he (Salo) was tired, after spending the entire race weekend practicing autograph-signing?

Last edited by macdaddy; 29 Sep 2003 at 02:00.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 02:57 (Ref:733504)   #17
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
PT was a F|_|CKING IDIOT to crash with Bourdais.
I couldn't have said it better!

Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
Perhaps he (Salo) was tired, after spending the entire race weekend practicing autograph-signing?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 03:04 (Ref:733508)   #18
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
but what really is Dominguez's thing with always wearing sunglasses? Didn't want to be seen teary eyed, flashes bug him?

in any case, good for their team, keeping out of trouble and being taking advantage of all the brain fade that went on ahead of them. Given the nature of the track, it was no surprise that there were so many boo-boos ahead.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 03:09 (Ref:733512)   #19
rodrigomarban
Racer

rodrigomarban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also Bruno was an idiot to crash wih Adrián, and Michel's mechanic was an idiot to let him leave the pits when Monteiro was passing. If they had finished 1-2, then we would have had a closer championship in the last races.

They didn't take advantage of Tracy's mistake, and now I'm sure Tracy is going to walk away with the championship.

Oh, and congratulations to Mario and the Herdez team. A very good drive.

Last edited by rodrigomarban; 29 Sep 2003 at 03:11.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:20 (Ref:733613)   #20
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame that while Herdez will be carrying all that momentum into Mexico that they are making such a drastic change, maybe they will think twice about taking Moreno out of the car. I hope they reconsider and make Mexico City a three car team! That would be awesome, they could just make the pepper on the nose of the third car yellow, after all what's his name did start the year in a dale coyne car right?

Who's with me? Three Herdez cars for Mexico City!

Well at least it's a cool thought.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 07:52 (Ref:733683)   #21
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah 3 Herdez's for Mexico!
Well done Mario. !!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 09:46 (Ref:733817)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great stuff! Good to see Dominguez take a win, and this is all his after the fiasco at Surfers last year. But I was far happier to see Roberto FINALLY have some luck and get the car onto the podium. He's into the twilight of his career, and wants to go out on a high. Shame he won't be in Mexico City.

Salo did well to finish 3rd, and perhaps this result will help PK turn the corner and they can start being competitive more often.

As for the championship contenders, none of them showed that they wanted it this weekend!!!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:22 (Ref:734197)   #23
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
I just realized that Miami was the last time we'll see "Players" in N.America.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:54 (Ref:734246)   #24
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Fontana? Ate they leaving before then? Who's going to be the sponser if they do leave? NE1 know?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:59 (Ref:734253)   #25
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Players will not be seen on the cars come Fontana, as the Canadian laws come into effect shortly before then.

Apparently, in their place, the team plans to cover the cars with the names of fans, as per this thread...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=44301

Last edited by macdaddy; 29 Sep 2003 at 16:00.