Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:36 (Ref:929626)   #1
bahraini spirit
Rookie

bahraini spirit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your thoughts about the Bahrain GP

Hi, well i just wanted to get your thoughts about the first ever mideast GP? Personally, it was much better than what i expected, and although it was dusty off-track, its no where near the state that people have predicted for it. About the weather, well was interesting, typically thats a december weather preview. Anyways, your thoughts.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:39 (Ref:929633)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i thought it was great... the midfield aaction was great... but once again bored to death by a ferrari 1-2..

some great entertainment from the midfield... wish we had battles like the sato/alonso scrap for the LEAD and not for 5 and 6th
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:53 (Ref:929677)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very professional show!

The facilities were just beautiful, better than I've seen anywhere. Huge garages and luxurios media room and tower.

Looked like a good crowd.

Typical Tilke track though, those slight bends before the turns really seem to kill passing opportunities. Nice wide track, but really only provided one line though, as the rest of the track was very dirty.

Great show though, and my apoligies for ever doubting it would happen!

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:56 (Ref:929685)   #4
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent. Great facilities, great track. Lots of midfield overtaking, marbles - well, you didn't actually see any 'marbles' as such, but offline not as dirty as many long-established tracks. All round, I thought really really good. Well done!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:56 (Ref:929686)   #5
bahraini spirit
Rookie

hopefully next year it will be better, u learn from past experiences and it's the first time. I think they might come up with a future solution for the dust. But there were alot of takeovers which was really nice and spiced the whole thing up.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:01 (Ref:929699)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I actually thought the track was good in terms of passing opportunities.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:12 (Ref:929724)   #7
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bahrain has a winner in their hands.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:36 (Ref:929770)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The overhead views made it almost look like a computer simulation as someone pointed out to me.

It looked so perfect!!!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:25 (Ref:929805)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
bahraini spirit, you have every reason to be proud. It was a superb GP all round - everything about the venue, the circuit itself, the facilities (from what I saw on tv and the reaction of the teams in interviews) was fantastic. I think it'll become a favourite with teams and fans alike.

The highest compliment one can give is that it's possibly even better than Sepang.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:39 (Ref:929820)   #10
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyed it immensley - track seemed to allow some good overtaking battles!

Thought the trophies looked a bit like cheap waste paper baskets from IKEA though!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:52 (Ref:929838)   #11
bahraini spirit
Rookie

well the trophies are full silver and they are supposed to look like the vip tower, but i bet they're much more expensive then what they look.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:08 (Ref:929854)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agree with Hugh's second point!

It was extremely good fun to watch, thoroughly enjoyable.

The most amazing thing was how organised everything seemed. When you consider how late they finished everything and the impossible deadlines they had to meet, everything went flawlessly. i expected power failures and everything to be honest.

So well done Bahrain on a great show and a wonderful venue!

You're honoured, as I am on a rant today!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:11 (Ref:929858)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy

The most amazing thing was how organised everything seemed. When you consider how late they finished everything and the impossible deadlines they had to meet, everything went flawlessly. i expected power failures and everything to be honest.
the thing is people have a mis conception about the middle east... they thing Mid-east means undeveloped etc etc..

i am not atall surprised by the professionalism shown as i have been to the area....
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:20 (Ref:929868)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wasn't implying that ralfy boy, when I say I expected problems it was because they were still installing electrical connections and communications equipment last week. That never bodes well, but in the end it went well!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:52 (Ref:929899)   #15
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the circuit before the race i didn't expect much from the race but i'm glad i was wrong. The track provided plenty of overtaking possibilities which meant a good race & the Bahrainis should be incredibly proud of their first GP.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:00 (Ref:929908)   #16
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done to all involved, to build a venue like that, in record time and deliver a great race is a fantastic achievment.

Some good overtaking into turn one, and obviously a good corner as it allowed re-passing on the entry if the overtaking move was too deep - as we saw several examples of today.

If I have one minor gripe it's that the track was a bit featureless (in terms of landmarks) once you got out of the main stadium.

All in all a great event.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:03 (Ref:929912)   #17
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was some great entertainment and it was very well organised. A good start for Bahrain in F1. I'm really looking forward to seeing China.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 18:13 (Ref:929978)   #18
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track design is very good although it does not appear to be so technical as we have seen, but the corners are so well put and it can produce a very exciting wheel to wheel race...If they can only move that starting line a little bit closer to the first curve, I think it will be more exciting....the sand does not seem to be a problem though...

I am looking forward to next year's race on this track.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 18:20 (Ref:929982)   #19
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought it was superb all round. it was a great race behind Ferrari. The dust off line was no worse - possibly not as bad - as just about any other track.

A really great effort and I'm sure now a permanent fixture on the F1 calender.

Well Done Bahrain!!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:06 (Ref:930039)   #20
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, well done Bahrain.

Looks like a nice place to go for a holiday, perhaps in conjunction with next years GP? I hope so.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:12 (Ref:930043)   #21
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did not expect much at all. I though the track would be too dirty for a good race. Boy was I wrong. Its the best one so far (no counting the Ferrari domination that is).
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:12 (Ref:930044)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bollards! Well one of them anyway.

Apart from that I concur with all of the above. Great track, great race.

Well done Bahrain.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:21 (Ref:930052)   #23
F1-Bahrain
Rookie

F1-Bahrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About Formula1 in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here, and it's so sad that I read all this writtin stuff about my country...

guys just to clear up few things, imagine starting from zero digging up a new place and build a formula1 satdium in 18 months....it ain't that easy guys...

well...

I got few new pics and some news so check it out...

Formula1 Bahrain

----------------------------------------------------------
Images removed due to the copyright of formula1.com

Last edited by Super Tourer; 4 Apr 2004 at 19:31.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:21 (Ref:930053)   #24
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a wonderful contrast of black(track) and white(sands)...spectacular!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:24 (Ref:930055)   #25
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I think you did a brilliant job.

Here's to more... Out of interest, will the circuit see much other use during the rest of the year? What other plans are there for it?