Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 30 Jul 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1976364)   #1
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford Zetec ECU

*Maybe this needs to go into Racing technology forum so maybe Mods would like to move it if needed*

Right Ive got a 1800 Zetec, which was a 105 spec, (In a Fiesta XR2i) But Ive got a 2.0 cams, 2.0 throttle body, 2.0 MAF sensor and under piston Oil jets. (ready to fit) AFAIK This was near enough what ford did to create the RS1800 Fiesta, apart from an ECU. But I was wondering about fitting a Formula Ford ECU rather than an RS1800/2.0 Mondeo ECU. So I was wondering is there a performance gain ? ( I know "performance" means such a wide field but any information would be greatly received) and can this link upto the Fiesta Wiring loom or do you guys run something diffrent ?
Cheers in advanced
Mike
Old 30 Jul 2007, 12:51 (Ref:1976372)   #2
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IIRC the original FF Zetec had a Fiesta ECU and loom, with useless bits for the lights etc. which you had to tuck in to the sidepod.

After they realsied how easy that was to cheat they switched to a Pectel ECU and loom. I don't think that will mate with a road car though I am willing to be proved wrong.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1976569)   #3
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think John is right....I can let you a FF ECU if you want? You can re map the ECU via Pectel if the regs allow but they charge something like £800 for it.... which is why most people change to MBE 967 ECU's as the mapping software is cheap and easy to use